Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

Great to see the good results continuing.

Who was the trialist that was brought in ?

I havent managed to see a starting 11 with subs anywhere for the Arniston game .

On Holiday just now, like to keep up to date with what's going on.

Any update ??

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PJS said:

Great to see the good results continuing.

Who was the trialist that was brought in ?

I havent managed to see a starting 11 with subs anywhere for the Arniston game .

On Holiday just now, like to keep up to date with what's going on.

Any update ??

Hi mate follow this app gives you live updates from each match with full line ups - once you download just search Fauldhouse Utd;

Update your score with Usqor!
For iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/usqor/id1080121192?ls=1&mt=8

For Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=usqor.sports.app

38 minutes ago, Derek Sharp said:

Hi mate follow this app gives you live updates from each match with full line ups - once you download just search Fauldhouse Utd;

Update your score with Usqor!
For iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/usqor/id1080121192?ls=1&mt=8

For Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=usqor.sports.app

Thanks very much, I'll get this downloaded.

Much appreciated .

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:18, Toffee fan said:

I've heard it said that you are one of the cleverest and wisest people in Fauldhouse, and when you speak, people actually stop what they are doing to listen to you!

So, I take it that you had an off day yesterday fu?

The saying goes; 'there are no easy games', and that maybe the case. But me thinks you were being kind with your words yesterday.

Indeed if the Hoose didn't come away with all the 3 points, then that would have been a big surprise to all, apart from the most ardent home supporters!

Anyway, well done to The Hoose. To win 7 out of 8 league games is impressive.

Hope all who go to the Sports Dinner enjoy!

Well Toffee I can assure you that when I said it would be a tough game and it certainly was! Over the years we have always found it tough and had many a hard fought match at Arniston and yesterday was no different.  With our normal centre forward Jack missing through Illness the constant rain made sure that the park was very slippy underfoot for both teams.

Although we took a very early lead Arniston came back at us and scored a very well taken equaliser and missed a few chances. We got 2 late penalties although both IMO were correctly given and weren't disputed by the Arniston defenders.

So we returned to the Hoose fairly wet but very happy last night all set to enjoy our sportsman's dinner.  With Mussy also winning by the same margin it meant that we stayed top on goal difference so a good day all round for the Hoose. 

We move on to next weeks match v Blackburn in good form and with confidence.  Good luck also to Mussy next week but I'll finish this post with GO THE HOOSE!!

15 minutes ago, fu punter said:

Well Toffee I can assure you that when I said it would be a tough game and it certainly was! Over the years we have always found it tough and had many a hard fought match at Arniston and yesterday was no different.  With our normal centre forward Jack missing through Illness the constant rain made sure that the park was very slippy underfoot for both teams.

Although we took a very early lead Arniston came back at us and scored a very well taken equaliser and missed a few chances. We got 2 late penalties although both IMO were correctly given and weren't disputed by the Arniston defenders.

So we returned to the Hoose fairly wet but very happy last night all set to enjoy our sportsman's dinner.  With Mussy also winning by the same margin it meant that we stayed top on goal difference so a good day all round for the Hoose. 

We move on to next weeks match v Blackburn in good form and with confidence.  Good luck also to Mussy next week but I'll finish this post with GO THE HOOSE!!

Ha ha, no need to defend your comments fu. Going away and getting any victory in this league is all you can ask for. I was keeping a check on twitter and P&B but all I could see was 1-1, so was hoping that if it stayed that way, Musselburgh would be back on top.

Anyway, exciting times, and after 8 games, only 1 goal splits us at top of league. The Hoose have down well, given their change of personnel between seasons, whilst Musselburgh are reaping the rewards of most of the same team from last year, still playing this season. 

Obviously I want a straight return to the Super League, and to go up as champions. However, if we go up as runners up, I would take that as well!

Mon the Burgh!

Arniston Rangers v Fauldhouse United
McBookie.com East Premier League (16/09/2017)

(Report submitted by Arniston Rangers)

Arniston Miss Chance to Grab a Home Point

After going a goal down within two minutes, Arniston fought back into the game and drew level as they dominated much of the first half. However, Fauldhouse came out re-energised after the break and controlled the second forty five minutes. The home side then showed why they are bottom of the table as they gave away two unnecessary penalties and United ran out comfortable winners as both teams tired on a heavy pitch.   

It was bottom versus top as Arniston Rangers hosted unbeaten Fauldhouse United in the McBookie.com East Premier League at Newbyres Park. The visitors have been in fine form this season and have only dropped points once this campaign- last Saturday at St Andrews. They are averaging nearly four goals a game in the league with Jack Currie having netted 8 times.  Arniston sit bottom but have drawn four of their seven league fixtures so are no pushover - having lost by a single goal to promotion hopefuls Musselburgh earlier this season. 

Fauldhouse started quickly and were ahead with their first attack. Dunn made good progress on the left before centring for MCLEOD to slip home the simplest of chances - not for the first time this season Arniston paid the penalty for a slow start. 

Arniston won a corner in their first attack but McIntosh's cross produced nothing. 

There was fully 9 minutes played before there was anymore to report and it was a McIntosh shot straight at Hutchison in the away goal. A minute later Ranger's Hay pulled an effort just wide. Next Deland made great progress on the left and his cross was met by Fairgrieve who fluffed his attempt. 

United were second best at this stage but after 19 minutes Dunn got on the end of a short corner, but his fierce shot was wide. Two minutes later Bennett got free on the left but sent his effort wide. 

Arniston were playing well and after 25 minutes they drew level. HAY showed good pace to get on the end of a through ball and shot confidently past Hutchison in the United goal. They deserved to be level. 

Minutes later the home side had a penalty shout turned down when Fairgrieve was felled in the box - referee Ryan Lee was right on the spot and had a good view of the incident and waved play on. After 31 minutes Hay and McIntosh combined well but the latter shot straight at the visiting keeper. A minute later Hay had an effort deflected over. Next McIntosh had his effort well saved by Hutchison after a goalmouth scramble. At this point Arniston were dominating but missing chances. 

In the last five minutes of the half O'Donnell gave Bennett a chance which he put wide before McIntosh himself shot wide from distance. 

Arniston created enough openings to be in front at the break but poor finishing would come back to haunt them. 

Half Time  Arniston Rangers1;   Fauldhouse United 1

Fauldhouse came out a very different side in the second half. O'Donnell had a cross well collected by Cornet before having a weak shot held by the keeper. 

After 54 minutes O'Donnell again worked Cornet as the visitors dominated. 

Arniston were not seen going forward much although Hay put in a dangerous cross and McTernan had a weak shot straight at the keeper. Hay but in another good cross but Fairgrieve had a weak shot on the end of it. 

After 61 minutes, Cornet saved well from a Bennett header after a good O'Dnnell cross. 

Arniston withdrew Fairgrieve and introduced Watson just after the hour as legs tired. With 65 minutes played United might have gone ahead again. Callaghan slipped and let McLeod in but he was crowded out by home players. 

After 69 minutes Arniston missed a great opportunity to go into the lead. Deland did well to win the ball back and created an shooting chance for Somerville but he blasted over when well placed. 

With 73 minutes on the clock Fauldhouse won a penalty. McLeod cut in from the right and despite turning away from goal, McIntosh clumsily brought him down. The referee pointed to the spot and O'DONNELL gave Cornet no chance with the shot. It was a deserved goal. 

After 80 minutes Callaghan had a chance for Rangers when he got on the end of a free kick after Hutchison missed his punch but blasted over. 

Both teans made changes to introduce fresh legs. 

With three minutes remaining Fauldhouse secured the points. Woods handled when he was on the ground in the box and the referee awarded a second penalty. O'DONNELL stepped forward and gave Cornet no chance for the second time. 

Fauldhouse deserved the points for their second half performance but Arniston had enough chances to share the points overall. The two penalties could have been avoided. Best for Rangers were Deland and Hay and United were well served by Dunn and McLeod. 

Referee Ryan Lee had a fine game and despite no assistants got the big decision right. 

Fauldhouse host Blackburn United in the League next week while Arniston entertain St Andrews United in the First Round of the Scottish Junior Cup

Full Time Arniston Rangers 1; Fauldhouse United 3 

Arniston Rangers
Cornet, Jeffrey, Deland, Callaghan, Woods, McTernan, Somerville, Devin, Fairgrieve, Hay and McIntosh  subs Watson, Miller, Aitchison, Waugh and Sanderson

Fauldhouse United

Hutchison, Watson, Brown, Stewart, Currie, Dunn, O'Donnell, Ward, Misango, McLeod (Trialist)and Bennett  subs  Arrol, Brady, Magee, Brogan and Craig 

Referee Ryan Lee

Gordon Baird

Neutral Reporter 

Just seen the Harthill result yesterday, Kyle Richford scored a hat-trick!

Has he left Fauldhouse , or is he on loan ?

Tell you what, Harthill have won a watch here... Ah Rolex wan !!!

I don't know what, if anything has happened behind the scenes, but Kyle has always impressed me and should be playing at a decent level.

Again nothing on the website or on FB

Any update ??

21 hours ago, PJS said:

Just seen the Harthill result yesterday, Kyle Richford scored a hat-trick!

Has he left Fauldhouse , or is he on loan ?

Tell you what, Harthill have won a watch here... Ah Rolex wan !!!

I don't know what, if anything has happened behind the scenes, but Kyle has always impressed me and should be playing at a decent level.

Again nothing on the website or on FB

Any update ??

On website now;

Latest News

Kyle Richford
19th September 2017

Kyle has bought himself out of his contract with Fauldhouse Utd due to lack of game time

5 hours ago, Derek Sharp said:

On website now;

Latest News

Kyle Richford
19th September 2017

Kyle has bought himself out of his contract with Fauldhouse Utd due to lack of game time

Thanks again Derek.

Sorry to see Kyle go, decent player and a game changer in my opinion.

But who can argue with the start to season in terms of results.  Can't question team selection and squad rotation when you're top of the league unbeaten.

Wish the lad all the best !!

1 hour ago, PJS said:

Thanks again Derek.

But who can argue with the start to season in terms of results.  Can't question team selection and squad rotation when you're top of the league unbeaten.

Ditto PJS we all wish Kyle all the best.....

Delighted to announce the signing of Jamie 'Messi' McLeod tonight. Messi played for us away to Arniston on Saturday and turned in a motm performance scoring the first goal and winning a penalty in the second half. Pleased to fight off other top clubs for his signature.

Good player is wee Jamie, if a bit hit and miss. It's a pity you'll lose him for a month at a time due to work, unless his circumstances have changed.

He's back home working now mate and hungry to play regularly which he showed for us on Saturday

Following players have all signed 1yr contract extensions

Jc Hutchison
Martin Brogan
Kyle Stewart
Declan Brady
David Dunn
David O'Donnell
Dean Arrol
Jack Currie
Yami Misanjo
Ben Magee
Dean Currie
Anthony Higgins
James Brown
Aiden Ward

Jc Hutchison
Martin Brogan
Kyle Stewart
Declan Brady
David Dunn
David O'Donnell
Dean Arrol
Jack Currie
Yami Misanjo
Ben Magee
Dean Currie
Anthony Higgins
James Brown
Aiden Ward

Superb mate building something good long term it shows the belief the players have in you and the club and the unity they have all signing an extension

Jc Hutchison
Martin Brogan
Kyle Stewart
Declan Brady
David Dunn
David O'Donnell
Dean Arrol
Jack Currie
Yami Misanjo
Ben Magee
Dean Currie
Anthony Higgins
James Brown
Aiden Ward

Haven't seen this type of post before JC. You must be convinced that all being well, these players will serve you well in the Super League next season.

Still 2/3rds of this season to go so this new squad of yours will keep on growing in confidence and as a solid unit!

Thanks again Derek.

Never like to lose a player and would have liked to see him fight for his position. But wish him all the best at Harthill if he signs cally will have a good player there

9 hours ago, jc1 said:

He's back home working now mate and hungry to play regularly which he showed for us on Saturday

That's good, surprising that Cambuslang didn't tie him up again. Does the wee man drive ? I don't think he did when he played for us. You'll be getting Deco next, they two come as a double act, lol. [emoji16]

Haven't seen this type of post before JC. You must be convinced that all being well, these players will serve you well in the Super League next season.

Still 2/3rds of this season to go so this new squad of yours will keep on growing in confidence and as a solid unit!

Cheers mate I see this job as a long term project and just trying to get stability around the place and create a strong bond between everyone at the club

Archived