Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

Aaron Miller who scored for Clyde played for the Candy yesterday and will be for the whole season I think!! Good player. Just goes to show if they are good enough they are old enough. I think the future is bright with the young players coming through at all levels in Scottish football. Well done Matty and Ben. [emoji122][emoji122] Keep practicing, keep working hard and keep listening to your coaches. [emoji173]️[emoji460]️[emoji106]

Certainly is a very good player, height, touch, good finisher, good in the air and quick.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Very kind words and I can understand from outside looking in that taking boys off whilst playing well might make them disgruntled. But I speak to every player individually at why they are subbed ECT. For example Jack Currie yesterday was on 2 goals playing well AGAIN and looking for his Hatrick but the game was starting to get littered with silly tackles so with a big game against St Andrews next week it was sensible imo to take him off and protect him. I'm not going to comment on who should and shouldn't be playing 99% of the squad appreciate the way I select teams and on which merits and my boys who have been subs most of them appreciate that and work hard with fantastic attitudes and support their teammates on the pitch. Also they have shown when coming on they are hungry to do well which is class for me.

8) Big Jack must be touching double figures already, only managed up to one game this season against Whitburn, he was different class, try to get to Park View soon. Team playing well & scoring goals. Good to hear the young boys are doing well too, go the Hoose!

Thanks for the reply, the top managers are those who can manage people and get the best out of them, which is clearly what is happening at Park View.
I Listen to you complimenting players all through the game, most notably the two teenagers yesterday, 
That is managing people, bringing the best out of players, players then want to play for the manager.
It's great to see the banter even during the game.
Keep up the good work !!
An absolute breath of fresh air !!

I am not stealing JC's nor your praise of him and his style of dealing with players. But when I hear this, I can relate this to musselburgh's manager Calvin Shand. Not a close friend or on the committee, I have no idea what Calvin says to his players who are subbed. Some probably take it better than others, but as a player, if you are not injured, you want to stay on for the full game?.

However, it is a squad game now and it is good to see a guy coming on during the game who you feel will either improve the team or keep the play going at a high standard.

What JC and Calvin do equaly from your comment is praise and encourage the team through out the match. Even in the warm up, our players seem happy to be there. Maybe why both teams are in the top 2 in the division at this time

8) Big Jack must be touching double figures already, only managed up to one game this season against Whitburn, he was different class, try to get to Park View soon. Team playing well & scoring goals. Good to hear the young boys are doing well too, go the Hoose!

He's currently on 9 and doing fantastic great kid too

Good to see young boys playing in both set ups.Personally the u20s games I watch can be a bit wishy washy with any half decent 50/50 tackle resulting in a booking or the player acting as if he has been shot,sadly this is also happening a lot more in juniors as well

Nothing wrong letting younger prospects  playing against older pros and seeing how they hande it .

Who has first choice on player if midweek games clash ?

Good to see young boys playing in both set ups.Personally the u20s games I watch can be a bit wishy washy with any half decent 50/50 tackle resulting in a booking or the player acting as if he has been shot,sadly this is also happening a lot more in juniors as well
Nothing wrong letting younger prospects  playing against older pros and seeing how they hande it .
Who has first choice on player if midweek games clash ?

We have full control of the players as they are ours. If it was Clyde signed players on loan to us they would have the say

On paper (top v 4th in league) the Hoose face our biggest game and test of the season so far against St Andrew's at Park View on Saturday. I hope we can manage to attract a reasonable crowd to what is IMO the Premier League's "match of the day".

I'm sure JC and the management team will have the squad fired up and ready for this one as usual as we seek to extend our winning streak. Confidence, self belief and ability is there and self evident within the squad so really looking forward to the game on Saturday.

Go the Hoose!!

5 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Hot off the press. Saturday's game has been switched to St Andrews as Fauldhouse's pitch is already unplayable.

What's happened there are they having trouble with the park used to be always on when other games around were off plus they have or had a guy who looked after it.

2 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

What's happened there are they having trouble with the park used to be always on when other games around were off plus they have or had a guy who looked after it.

Correct! Game switched to St Andrews on Saturday. We have had almost non stop rain in the Hoose since Monday and even tonight its chucking it down. The park hasn't had a chance to drain or dry out.

At least plenty of notice has been given instead of chancing a Sat morning pitch failure so at least Club has been proactive here.

Go the Hoose!

17 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Although a switch in venue l don't think this will make much difference to the overall result if The Hoose play as they have done in the last few weeks.

For Musselburgh fans, however, I hope that you have an off day!

I hope your prediction is correct Toffee. Oh and we also hope the Mussy have an off day today....so feelings both mutual :thumsup2:)

Go the Hoose!!

I'll take a point after a woeful first half performance. But my thoughts are with Anthony Higgins who has dislocated his ankle and broke his leg he will be operated on tomorrow at wishaw general. Higgy has worked so hard last few weeks to get fit and soon as he came on today scored. I'm absolutely devastated for him

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

I'll take a point after a woeful first half performance. But my thoughts are with Anthony Higgins who has dislocated his ankle and broke his leg he will be operated on tomorrow at wishaw general. Higgy has worked so hard last few weeks to get fit and soon as he came on today scored. I'm absolutely devastated for him

Here here JC, there are times when the result isn't the b all and end all and tonight all our thoughts are with Higgy.

Go Higgy!

Any update on the young man injured Jon?

Archived