Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

A 1st for the Hoose this Saturday as Easthouses Lily come to Park View for the 1st time in the East of Scotland Cup.
Not sure how well they are supported but I hope they bring a few along to the game and to enjoy the delights of The Howff.
Hope the lads under JC stay focussed for the game and keep the winning run going......Go The Hoose!! 

We will be focused and ready. We have to take one game at a time and Saturday has our full attention we will NOT take anything for granted. The fans have my promise on that.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jc1 said:

We will be focused and ready. We have to take one game at a time and Saturday has our full attention we will NOT take anything for granted. The fans have my promise on that.

Can't ask for more than that JC....Go The Hoose!!

Fauldhouse 4-0 Easthouses Lilly

Delighted with the result not so much the performance. Absolutely buzzing to see 17yr old Matty Craig in goal look very comfortable and 17yr old Ben Magee come on score and didn't look out of place delighted for both kids. And been rewarded with a game for Clyde development squad tomorrow away to Albion rovers at cliftonhill both thoroughly deserve it. We now work hard for a huge game next week at home to St Andrews

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

Delighted with the result not so much the performance. Absolutely buzzing to see 17yr old Matty Craig in goal look very comfortable and 17yr old Ben Magee come on score and didn't look out of place delighted for both kids. And been rewarded with a game for Clyde development squad tomorrow away to Albion rovers at cliftonhill both thoroughly deserve it. We now work hard for a huge game next week at home to St Andrews

Agree with you JC. Good result and some good football played in spells. I never thought we were in danger of getting beat today and giving Matty the full game can only add to his confidence especially with a clean sheet. Young Ben looked comfortable and took his goal well so another very positive outcome for the club.

You're spot on next week is a big game but I'm sure you will have the squad well up for it and "buzzing"!!

Oh loved the touch of comedy with the "diddy of the week" t-shirt also.....it was good to see players before the game having a laugh and looking relaxed....well done to all!! 

Go The Hoose!!!

Home happy and a great day mon the hoose. Well done Matty and Ben [emoji108][emoji108]

Your support is invaluable mate giving up your spare time to come help wheelbarrow concrete to the stand is above and beyond

Both still 16 which is scary

Albion rovers 1-1 Clyde
Albion win on pens

Both Ben and Matty were excellent AGAIN
Matty with a number of good stops especially 1 in the last min of normal time to take it to ET. Ben came on at HT and again very comfortable also scored his pen. Great to see young fauldhouse players doing great playing 4 years above their age. I'm very proud of both

Albion rovers 1-1 Clyde
Albion win on pens

Both Ben and Matty were excellent AGAIN
Matty with a number of good stops especially 1 in the last min of normal time to take it to ET. Ben came on at HT and again very comfortable also scored his pen. Great to see young fauldhouse players doing great playing 4 years above their age. I'm very proud of both
Like a proud father well done to the lads

Was at the game yesterday, opposition weren't up to much, result never in doubt. The Easthouse number 5 was built like Razor Ruddock (as he is now !!) The team spirit and camaraderie is excellent. What an outstanding performance from both teenagers, goalkeeper was confident and assured, Crouchy must be a defenders nightmare. Just a few observations and opinions (my opinion)

- Manager has a job on his hands keeping players happy, simply because he has real quality and strength in depth, JC is having to hook players that are perfotming well, may lead to a few players becoming disgruntled. Kyle Richford should be a starter for me !!

- Recruitment has been first class, the team is littered with Super league standard of player, possibly even higher, DD, Jack Currie, Aiden Ward, Dunn,

- Higgy looks a player, a little less timber and he'll be flying as well.

All good in the "The Hoose" Hood

Aaron Miller who scored for Clyde played for the Candy yesterday and will be for the whole season I think!! Good player. Just goes to show if they are good enough they are old enough. I think the future is bright with the young players coming through at all levels in Scottish football. Well done Matty and Ben. [emoji122][emoji122] Keep practicing, keep working hard and keep listening to your coaches. [emoji173]️[emoji460]️[emoji106]

Was at the game yesterday, opposition weren't up to much, result never in doubt. The Easthouse number 5 was built like Razor Ruddock (as he is now !!) The team spirit and camaraderie is excellent. What an outstanding performance from both teenagers, goalkeeper was confident and assured, Crouchy must be a defenders nightmare. Just a few observations and opinions (my opinion)
- Manager has a job on his hands keeping players happy, simply because he has real quality and strength in depth, JC is having to hook players that are perfotming well, may lead to a few players becoming disgruntled. Kyle Richford should be a starter for me !!
- Recruitment has been first class, the team is littered with Super league standard of player, possibly even higher, DD, Jack Currie, Aiden Ward, Dunn,
- Higgy looks a player, a little less timber and he'll be flying as well.
All good in the "The Hoose" Hood

Very kind words and I can understand from outside looking in that taking boys off whilst playing well might make them disgruntled. But I speak to every player individually at why they are subbed ECT. For example Jack Currie yesterday was on 2 goals playing well AGAIN and looking for his Hatrick but the game was starting to get littered with silly tackles so with a big game against St Andrews next week it was sensible imo to take him off and protect him. I'm not going to comment on who should and shouldn't be playing 99% of the squad appreciate the way I select teams and on which merits and my boys who have been subs most of them appreciate that and work hard with fantastic attitudes and support their teammates on the pitch. Also they have shown when coming on they are hungry to do well which is class for me.

Thanks for the reply, the top managers are those who can manage people and get the best out of them, which is clearly what is happening at Park View.

I Listen to you complimenting players all through the game, most notably the two teenagers yesterday, 

That is managing people, bringing the best out of players, players then want to play for the manager.

It's great to see the banter even during the game.

Keep up the good work !!

An absolute breath of fresh air !!

23 minutes ago, PJS said:

Thanks for the reply, the top managers are those who can manage people and get the best out of them, which is clearly what is happening at Park View.

I Listen to you complimenting players all through the game, most notably the two teenagers yesterday, 

That is managing people, bringing the best out of players, players then want to play for the manager.

It's great to see the banter even during the game.

Keep up the good work !!

An absolute breath of fresh air !!

Here here PJS!  Having a manager who (within acceptable managerial parameters) offers comments and openly supports and praises and encourages the younger squad members is as you say a breath of fresh air!

Well done JC and young Matty and Ben today....who by all accounts played well again. 

Big game for all on Saturday.....Go the Hoose!

Archived