Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

Pleased for my mate, the gateman. Was worried that after last season, the grey hair would start to fall out with a poor start to this season. But, needn't have worried, as JC looks to have assembled a good squad for the season.

Look forward to the challenge ahead as I am sure that at least one of us, hopefully both, will get a straight return to the Super League. I have trust in my team to do the business - hope the gateman thinks likewise!

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the final result was 5-1 it really could have went either way at 1-1.

Least convincing performance I have seen this season, I felt Downfield were very poor with a lot of indiscipline, central defenders looked and performed like something out of Trainspotting.

A few performances which didn't quite meet the standards previously set but must remember the final score line.

JC made a conscious effort to change the game plan with going with 3 at the back and bringing Kyle Richford on was a game changer.

Good solid performances today from ;

Dean Currie / Aidan Ward / Jack Currie / Kyle Richford.

Difficult conditions today...

Great start to the season.

54 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Pleased for my mate, the gateman. Was worried that after last season, the grey hair would start to fall out with a poor start to this season. But, needn't have worried, as JC looks to have assembled a good squad for the season.

Look forward to the challenge ahead as I am sure that at least one of us, hopefully both, will get a straight return to the Super League. I have trust in my team to do the business - hope the gateman thinks likewise!

The "gateman" is fine Casey having recovered from last seasons disappointments and the grey hair remains in tact for the time being! Given the results so far I'm hopeful that not too much of his hair will be pulled out this season...and hopefully none at all will be extracted when we play against the Burgh!! :)

Complete trust (and hope) in JC and the squad....go the Hoose.  

5-1 scoreline defiantly flattered us today. Not anywhere near our best but the character the team is showing in a short space of time is very pleasing. We done to our groundstaff and committee for getting the game on these are unsung heroes imo. The referee today was also superb used common sense and tried to let the game flow also gave the game every chance to be played. After a tough program last couple of weeks my players should be very proud of themselves for the fight and desire they have shown. We WILL NOT get carried away with our start but we will work hard to keep top spot and as I'll continue to say we as a club will stick together work hard and see where it takes us.

41 minutes ago, jc1 said:

5-1 scoreline defiantly flattered us today. Not anywhere near our best but the character the team is showing in a short space of time is very pleasing. We done to our groundstaff and committee for getting the game on these are unsung heroes imo. The referee today was also superb used common sense and tried to let the game flow also gave the game every chance to be played. After a tough program last couple of weeks my players should be very proud of themselves for the fight and desire they have shown. We WILL NOT get carried away with our start but we will work hard to keep top spot and as I'll continue to say we as a club will stick together work hard and see where it takes us.

Nice words JC.....agree performance was not our best BUT to win 5-1 was (and I do agree it flattered us) was still superb. Behind you and coaching staff and the squad 1000%!

Fully agree also about the ref....he was excellent!     Go the Hoose!!

1 hour ago, fu punter said:

It's a good feeling waking up on a Sunday morning, catching up with all the football scores and gossip etc when you're top of the league!! :thumsup2

Go the Hoose!!

Ha ha, there is me praising the Hoose on another thread yesterday, and then waking up on a Sunday morning, catching up on all the gossip on P & B and seeing you gloating! ☹️

Thats it fu; no more praise for your team until us Burgh are back at the top of the league!!

Go the Burgh!!

On 8/19/2017 at 17:32, Casey Jones said:

Which Gate man are you on about they've both got grey hair even the dug is going grey lol

3 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Which Gate man are you on about they've both got grey hair even the dug is going grey lol

Haha nice one!!  :)   Just leave the mighty Hoose's guard DUG out of it or he may attack you next time your up at Park View.....:)!!

Bus for Saturday 26th August 2017

Tayport v Fauldhouse Utd - KO 2.30pm

Howff Open for Breakfast - 10am

Bus departs Park View - 11.15am

Arrive Tayport - 12.45pm

Bus Departs Tayport - 5.15pm

Arrive back Park View - 6.45pm

Names please to Colin Cunningham - 07887 902667

Keep up to date with Live Updates from all Fauldhouse United games - HOME and AWAY by installing the Usqor APP to your phone - click the link below for the type of phone you have, then once downloaded search for Fauldhouse United and click "FOLLOW"

Update your score with Usqor!

For iOS:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/usqor/id1080121192?ls=1&mt=8

For Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=usqor.sports.app

Archived