Sign in to follow this  
brechincity

Brechin City Season 2017/2018

In your opinion but I believe as a supporter that Love and Isaacs strikes were equally great strikes .

Loves was in a friendly so doesn’t count for a start.

They could maybe have included the goals by Layne and Storie just to beef it up a bit but equally good? Gies peace

Loves was in a friendly so doesn’t count for a start.

They could maybe have included the goals by Layne and Storie just to beef it up a bit but equally good? Gies peace

Well stop moaning ... If I'm honest it would be between the 2 picked but they re both equally good .

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

They are quite clearly the standout goals and was only ever going to be a two horse race. Don’t really see the issue.

The embarrassment is that it's only 19 goals to choose from.

2 hours ago, Diamond Smiles said:

The embarrassment is that it's only 19 goals to choose from.

We haven't scored in the last  SEVEN games now !!! 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

3 minutes ago, slangs said:

Created a few chances just don’t have a decent striker

Last night  was the first time in a long while that we have played with 2/3 strikers and moved the ball about on the deck.  After their first goal you could see the heads go down and everyone losing that extra yard of pace that they showed in the first half

If only Dods had set us up that way more we could well have won some games. It’s down to him last night proves it. Has he done the right thing and walked yet?

57 minutes ago, slangs said:

Created a few chances just don’t have a decent striker

Mackin looked good on Tuesday.  I remember isaac's goal v Forfar being a wonder strike and boding really well for the season ahead

Mackin looked good on Tuesday.  I remember isaac's goal v Forfar being a wonder strike and boding really well for the season ahead

Sorry don’t get that,the two canny finish their Denner

For me it’s the two. Decent chances in games. Thats the difference in those close games. But ultimately I blame the coaches. We’re going back to div. 1 where we were poor,how are we ment to be confident for the season ahead with one of the worst coaches ever in football. ????

2 hours ago, slangs said:

For me it’s the two. Decent chances in games. Thats the difference in those close games. But ultimately I blame the coaches. We’re going back to div. 1 where we were poor,how are we ment to be confident for the season ahead with one of the worst coaches ever in football. ????

Don't normally agree with you slangs but I'm not too confident about next season either. I know there are reasons why DD hasn't been given his marching orders ( probably financial) but I reckon there's a helluva lot riding on the first few games of next season. 

4 hours ago, accris said:

Don't normally agree with you slangs but I'm not too confident about next season either. I know there are reasons why DD hasn't been given his marching orders ( probably financial) but I reckon there's a helluva lot riding on the first few games of next season. 

Get Dodds out now and give the new coach preseason with the players so they can adjust to his ideas.Giving Dodds a few games into the new season is nonsense as then when a new coach comes in then players adjust to his ideas and a couple of months will be gone of new season.

Sorry don’t get that,the two canny finish their Denner

On Tuesday a few players created chances but they re shooting seemed to have no power in their shots . And were more like pass backs .
I ve genuinely no qualms about current squad for next year obviously need a striker .
Offload 2 or 3 and get in a decent striker .
But the manager scares the shite out of me his overall record must make horrendous reading now . That's the paper s picking up on almost a year since a league win now so much ridiculing ahead I guess

Think he has to go at the end of the season, give a new coach time during the summer to get going. If we give Dods a few games at the start of next season and we get off to a poor start as i fear we could, the choice of a replacement could be more limited.

Has Dods stopped giving press conferences after games now or are they just not being posted on the website? I miss him saying 'disappointing' every few words!

At least Fort William 'only' drew last night against Strathspey who are realistically the only team they'll beat.  Having no wins and 4 points, we're now only joint worst at senior level. A sunny good news day.