Brechin City Season 2017/2018

4 minutes ago, underpar said:

Thanks for the welcome everyone even you Jinky Bairn. Lets be realistic no one expects us to beat the drop this season . In my eyes the pressure is off us totally . Lets go out and have a right go at this and i echo the thoughts of a previous poster no one should be getting on the players or the managers back when things get tough , which no doubt they will. For us diddy teams this is as far up the leagues as we will get . This could be classed as the holy grail for diddy teams . We should change the teams run out music at the Glebe from Puff Daddy to The Champions League Theme . Its that big for us. The negativity we had last season from our one poster was crazy and i dread to think what they will post when we get a few pumpings. We are in the Championship and i for one am going to drink in every minute of it,  We are the small fry up against really good teams and i cant wait to get going.        Thanks again everyone....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Anyone heard of any pre season fixtures yet . 

Stop calling yourselves a diddy team, the way i see it a clubs budget + crowd + income should define a team , you guys are now punching above your weight ,compare this to a club like r*angers who are underperforming way below thier budget/crowd figures to me  are the diddys !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Stop calling yourselves a diddy team, the way i see it a clubs budget + crowd + income should define a team , you guys are now punching above your weight ,compare this to a club like r*angers who are underperforming way below thier budget/crowd figures to me  are the diddys !

SSSHHH ! You'll give my game away . Clearly we are sleeping giants 2 seasons from starting European dominance. Trying to lure the rest of the league into false sense of security with my last post.....

Anyone heard of any pre season fixtures yet . 

Only news I know of is that Aberdeen have cancelled their July game with us for St Johnstone. Disappointing for the finances of course.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Watch oot for the Brechin Mafia when you come to the Glebe they try and make your day out shite and will try and destroy you if you make crap comments about Brechin.

You and Jinky will have a field day! 

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Only news I know of is that Aberdeen have cancelled their July game with us for St Johnstone. Disappointing for the finances of course.

Yeah agree it had become the first pre season game for us in the previous 2 years and a cracking start to preparations . I recall Aberdeen played St Johnston at the Glebe in a friendly a couple of years ago before both teams flew out to Europe for games. Hope we hear some news on this soon.

2 minutes ago, brechincity said:

You and Jinky will have a field day! 

Cant wait for that. Hope the under soil heating is in place and working for start of the season or que tears and snotters from the pair of them when the December clash of the titians at the Glebe is called off with a ticky frost....

Brechin! Who'd have fucking thought this? Brilliant stuff, as long as we keep our decent record up against you...

Last time I was there I seen Michael Paton do a George Weah at the terrace end.

Any expectations of your team? I honestly can't see you staying up but I guess worse teams will have managed it at some time.

Congratulations to Brechin on their achievement of getting to the Championship, it really shouldn't be understated.

It puts us in an unfamiliar position whereby, no disrespect to Brechin, I don't think we'll be expected to be the favourites for relegation.

I look forward to our trips to the Glebe this season, always a good day out and if the season pans out for both sides as would probably be expected, the twelve points available in the four games between us could be pivotal.

All the best (just not against us, of course!).

Mate, even Bainsford looks good in the sun.

Sorry Jinky, you are wrong on this one. Been to Brechin a few times and it's probably one of the nicest wee grounds in Scotland.

Really looking forward to my visits again next season.

Watch oot for the Brechin Mafia when you come to the Glebe they try and make your day out shite and will try and destroy you if you make crap comments about Brechin.

For away fans' peace of mind, this is not actually what he's suggesting:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Were you the guy I spoke to at Alloa at half time who was moaning about us being all defensive and purely  lumping the ball forward ?  ......................Despite everyone else there and who watched the game on telly saying what a great game it was ?  

Aye that was a crap comment  worthy of  being destroyed .  8)  

Welcome to a very tough league guys. 

It's great to be in the same league with you lot again. I always enjoy away days to Brechin, and looking forward to it again. 

On 2017-6-4 at 13:49, Nowhereman said:
It's a pity that your introduction to Championship posters should be one of the worst in Jinky Bairn. Most of the folk in here are pretty decent but there's a few, Falkirk and Morton in particular, that you might want to ignore

From previous experience, there are certain Morton fans on here that are evidently still rather bitter about our league title win that kept Morton down in the seaside leagues, wrecking their self-entitled Greenock Galactico revolution.  To Morton's credit though, they have managed to reach the dizzy heights of the Championship too.

23 hours ago, CITY1974 said:
Mortons our bitches can t remember last time they beat us 

2007. We've been unbeaten in the four games since, triumphant twice. In fact, Morton have only beaten the 'village team' four times in at least their last 13 attempts (losing over half of them, with a cup defeat in there), so no wonder they've been seething for over a decade, particularly the millennials who have known nothing other than Brechin domination in this fixture.

Also, St Mirren copying Brechin's great escape to save them from emulating Morton really won't have raised their mood either (see the rather entertaining 'St Mirren Relegation Express' thread that they all conveniently ran away from).

Archived