Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff .A bit happier now .Looking strong defensively . A bit top heavy once there all fit n free from suspension .Take it Fusco will be midfield tomorrow ..I was at all the friendlies but can t recall Sinclair playing 

Two pretty good signings, questions over Crighton's ability to step up to Championship but was solid last year (look at his goal v Airdrie).

Sinclair looked good but nowhere near the level Pittman/Byrne were showing

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There is no rush now as it was all over twitter before the guys had even put pen to paper. 8)

I know its just happened today but that aside for some reason the local papers are giving us zero coverage .. (i m not meaning todays signings ) but even less than usual .. I feel a bit more positive stories in Local press would encourage stay away fans to give us a try again .Not everyones on bloody facebook etc .. Everyday the other 3 Angus teams are mentioned in The Courier .. 

Just saying like ....

Decent effort by the committee and the manager to try and strengthen the squad but keeping within their limited budget.

Agreed, haven't heard about Paddy Cregg being signed though, has he missed out because of the recent influx? Be a shame if he did I think.

22 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I know its just happened today but that aside for some reason the local papers are giving us zero coverage .. (i m not meaning todays signings ) but even less than usual .. I feel a bit more positive stories in Local press would encourage stay away fans to give us a try again .Not everyones on bloody facebook etc .. Everyday the other 3 Angus teams are mentioned in The Courier .. 

Just saying like ....

Dick Campbell had his faults but one thing was for sure, he certainly knew how to work the press...............Mind you one of his mates was a prominent Sun Sport reporter so that sometimes helps. ;).

I know what you mean about the local stuff though. A real stigma with them about the village team being constantly the most successful . 

32 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Dick Campbell had his faults but one thing was for sure, he certainly knew how to work the press...............Mind you one of his mates was a prominent Sun Sport reporter so that sometimes helps. ;).

I know what you mean about the local stuff though. A real stigma with them about the village team being constantly the most successful . 

Seems that way eh ? If team are built up in press etc and club matters published folk would take more of an interest .I genuinely believe we don t push ourselves enough ..

Our real season starts on Tuesday then the papers will have to sit up n take notice :thumsup2... 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Do you believe that ? has never made much difference in the past same OLD faces week in week out.

Once things like holidays and even bowling season ( that can affect wee teams like City ) are passed i feel if we get 2 or 3 positive results we can gain a few extra supporters... I think club and press need to big things up a bit ...I know a few of my mates are looking forward to it who don t normally attend...

Archived