Jump to content

Brechin City Season 2017/2018


Recommended Posts

Maybe if they swallowed their pride and asked business s and folk to help out anyway financially folk would .

We all know folk who ve given up spare time to support club with other ventures then been belittled .. A mate of mine did around £1500 of work free and was promised an advertising board by chairman ... 3/4 years down the line nothing at all ...And he s asked several times

Local firm Carnegies sponsor Montrose FC..Are committee missing a trick?Is they re something they re doing wrong regards fundraising ? (Spot on everything else) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the game with Spartans . Good workout for the team and Mc geever looks like he's going to be great signing for us. Trailists playing nos 6 7 and 8 . The number 8's face i think i've seen before but could be wrong . Anyone know any of them ? You can tell me ,i wont tell a soul i promise. Really looking forward to next Saturday at Links Park . Hope to see a good away support going through to this one as this game is what i consider to be our big derby as Montrose are closer in miles than the other Angus clubs. It would be nice to see them taking a step up this season. They must be a good bet to reach promotion playoffs this coming season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AGM next week - all the rumors and counter rumors can be addressed. I was under the impression Ferguson would do the away strip with Delson doing the home one. Do we not still have the Delson lounge?

We have to remember they are volunteering time - if you think you have something to offer then get on the committee.

Trialist - heard 8 being referred to as Blair and the 7 being Ali but beyond that it could be anyone. 6 got better as the game progressed, 7 also worth another look. 8 was nae seen much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

AGM next week - all the rumors and counter rumors can be addressed. I was under the impression Ferguson would do the away strip with Delson doing the home one. Do we not still have the Delson lounge?

We have to remember they are volunteering time - if you think you have something to offer then get on the committee.

Trialist - heard 8 being referred to as Blair and the 7 being Ali but beyond that it could be anyone. 6 got better as the game progressed, 7 also worth another look. 8 was nae seen much.

Committee s a closed shop mate .Friends of chairman only ..Many have tried and failed...But there are good men on committee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Committee s a closed shop mate .Friends of chairman only ..Many have tried and failed...But there are good men on committee

Serious allegations that I assume you can back up with facts, you should go to the AGM with this evidence and demand answers. Have you looked at the committee I don't see many if any at all that would have been classed as his "friends" prior to them going on the committee  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I attend AGM s every year .. And know Mr Chairmans friends get voted on ... I m not saying they don t pull they re weight .I think we have a good committee . And i know how hard they work .But i also know a lot of folk who ve offered their services and had door shut on them ... And if you ask around you ll find a lot of folk agree ...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AGM next week - all the rumors and counter rumors can be addressed. I was under the impression Ferguson would do the away strip with Delson doing the home one. Do we not still have the Delson lounge?
We have to remember they are volunteering time - if you think you have something to offer then get on the committee.
Trialist - heard 8 being referred to as Blair and the 7 being Ali but beyond that it could be anyone. 6 got better as the game progressed, 7 also worth another look. 8 was nae seen much.



7 was boy orsi, ex Aberdeen played for Queen's Park last season, 6 was euan smiths wee brother and 8 was ex ICT player
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Serious allegations that I assume you can back up with facts, you should go to the AGM with this evidence and demand answers. Have you looked at the committee I don't see many if any at all that would have been classed as his "friends" prior to them going on the committee  

 

7 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I attend AGM s every year .. And know Mr Chairmans friends get voted on ... I m not saying they don t pull they re weight .I think we have a good committee . And i know how hard they work .But i also know a lot of folk who ve offered their services and had door shut on them ... And if you ask around you ll find a lot of folk agree ...

 

 

I kinda agree with both statements.

I suspect they become friends after joining committee. Of all the others who have come onto the committee and last a short period of time probably did not realise the amount of time that goes into it. However it cannot be easy when the committee has been pretty much the same for years - not a complaint, an observation. Some will be hard to replace when the day comes for them to give it up.

Euan Smiths wee brother settled and did ok, was nae sure as gave the ball away a lot - prob trying too hard, 7 worth another look too. 8 no - get someone else in for a look.

Onto Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awful quiet .No one got any news ?rumours ? Still think we need to strenghten we re far too little a team .Especially when you see guys the others around us are signing .. Without paying ridiculous money bound to be some guys out there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...