Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 1st 4 games a proper test. We will need to be at our very best to get anything out of them. Consistency is going to be key,What a challenge.Hope we can get in a few decent players to bolster the squad

12 minutes ago, doonhamer64 said:

You did well in your last appearance on a plastic pitch though!  We underestimate you at our peril!

Mind 4 years ago at Station Pk you were 6 up at halftime night u won the league:thumbsdown...

We ll need to sign a couple expierianced lads and a big striker 

7 hours ago, Cel123 said:

What you you say was Brechin's best ever season ??

1983/84 in the old 1st division when there were 3 leagues.  We were top of the league at New Year and the SFA were crapping themselves that a wee part time team like Brechin might just win promotion to the Premier League. Ran out of steam near the end though and finished 4th or 5th.   That could have been about the time they were making up all sorts of stupid shite rules for entry into the big league which did more harm financially to the Scottish game than anything else .   Don't know if it was actually us who triggered it all or not but apologies if it was. :lol:

On 2017-6-23 at 12:56, CITY1974 said:

Mind 4 years ago at Station Pk you were 6 up at halftime night u won the league:thumbsdown...

We ll need to sign a couple expierianced lads and a big striker 

It was only 5-0 at HT but your point stands.

This is from youtube if you want to relive that glorious night.

Informed tonight that we have a squad of 17 signed; anyone want to try and name them?

Feck it here goes - 

G Smith

O'Neil (x2)

A Lynas

McGeaver

McLean

Dwyer

Fusco

Dale

E Smith (still recovering - looking to be fit in October)

Spark

Layne

Jackson

Ford

Watt

Graham

Love

Led to believe their are two others to come, suspect the next few weeks might be used for this purpose.

24 minutes ago, slangs said:

Why do u think we look weaker??

Well we ve not really strenghened McGeaver for Hill ( like for like ) and young Spark will be a squad player i m guessing ..Isaacs decent but is he any better than Trouton was ? I was hoping we d sign an expierianced midfielder .Early days we ll see what friendly s bring .. I just don t see us being stronger at this moment ...A guy like Dillon would be such a boost to squad and fans .

James has agreed to sign and is coming back up at the weekend. This is a great addition for us as he was excellent last season. He had gone back down south but I had hoped the lure of playing in the Championship would provide to strong. I have know him for a while. He was on trial at Falkirk when I was there and then he played for Stirling University while on a scholarship there.

Dick Campbell then signed him when I was at Forfar and I snapped him up when I came to Brechin. We probably played him out of position in his first season but he was brilliant for us at the turn of the year in the last campaign and capped it all by scoring his first goal in the play-offs. James is still only 23 but he has lots of experience under his belt already and I feel he is getting better year after year, so I am absolutely delighted to have him back.

- Darren Dods

Eta:  On other matters, has anybody got further details on the new strip(s)?  I see all the new ones for other clubs and not seeing ours is bugging me now.  I know it was shown at the first season ticket night and only know that the home shirt is white with red trim. Any further descriptions from those in the know here??

Additionally, what's the need for this new 'site office' supporter's club portacabin appeal when there's already an actual shop in the ground? :unsure2: Seeing it on the club website but no mention of it on anywhere else, including the numerous FB pages, which I find rather odd.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta:  On other matters, has anybody got further details on the new strip(s)?  I see all the new ones for other clubs and not seeing ours is bugging me now.  I know it was shown at the first season ticket night and only know that the home shirt is white with red trim. Any further descriptions from those in the know here??

Additionally, what's the need for this new 'site office' supporter's club portacabin appeal when there's already an actual shop in the ground? :unsure2: Seeing it on the club website but no mention of it on anywhere else, including the numerous FB pages, which I find rather odd.

White shirts for the home kit. Really? We don't want to start looking like Airdrie now do we?

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The home shirt is the same as last year ....Red.   The away shirt is white with red shorts.   

As regards the club shop, this has been an issue for many years now.  The existing shop is not fit for purpose as , 1.  It is too small  ,     2. It gets a bit damp when it is closed and the heaters are off.  This is no use when storing stock        and  3. It is felt that there is more footfall  ( meaning possibly more sales ) at the top of the ground and might be better sighted there.  

Archived