Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Just banter emoji16.png I liked him you did nt that's what footy s about

Aye opinions are just that.  I wish him well but hope he continues where he left off with us . :rolleyes:

Just hope we can find a left back who can use both feet and a bit of pace to go forward and good positional sense ...............Oh f**k here I go again !

Aye opinions are just that.  I wish him well but hope he continues where he left off with us . :rolleyes:
 Just hope we can find a left back who can use both feet and a bit of pace to go forward and good positional sense ...............Oh f**k here I go again !
Strange we let O Neill go as well he was nt any worse than Lynas ( Not that Lynas is bad )

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:

Plenty of players going out but not many coming in. Could it be Dods putting players off ?

Excellent opinion there,to go a whole league season without a win and Dodds admitting he didn't have a clue what player would want to come to the club.Maybe Dodds is waiting for the Daily Record trials and just pick the dross from them.

I’m glad Dyer is away, he’s been here for how many years and I’m not particularly sure what he’s actually good at. The most one footed player you’ll ever see and he often cost us goals with his inability to use his right foot. Hits the odd occasional cross but for a full back/wing back he can’t beat a man and his defending qualities are questionable too. I think we’ll get a very able replacement on the wages he was presumably on.

As much as last season was a bit disappointment, for the first half of season we acquitted ourselves pretty well without the wee bit luck needed in football. Second half of season was a different story. Heads down, no leadership and a manager rather clueless on how to change it. At the end of it all, we were out of our depth and found out easily st the opďposition. Season gone, forget about it.
Dods has to get this new team to hit the ground running. Still think he deserves to start season as he has proved he can get the team to play for him in the past. Let's hope who he brings in added to the guys signed are ready to prove that we are still Angus No1

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Yes good signing and Sparky s improving all the time BUT !!!!! It's much same old don t you s think ?? It s like Dyer and Hill s been a swap .

Dyer is a left back and Dougie is a centre half. Dougie is also twice the player???

Sad news about ex Cowden player and Brechin manager John Ritchie passing away. It was incredible how much work he put into football over the years.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Sad news about ex Cowden player and Brechin manager John Ritchie passing away. It was incredible how much work he put into football over the years.

Just reading about him from various sources. Clearly a great guy well respected and liked wherever he went.

RIP.

3 hours ago, PELE said:

Aye , Steve Mitchell will be up there with his old pal Mabawsa winding each other up again.  RIP John. 

Archived