Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prob just holidays etc at this time of the year. Hopefully Finn signs; Dyer will need to rediscover some of his previous form. What's the story with Aron Lynas tho? Not seen him mentioned in either the 'leaving' or 'been offered a contract' lists. Would have thought that we'd be wanting him. 

Not the worst cup draw either? I know no-one takes these very seriously and our cup form is as woeful as our recent league form - but if we could get a home draw v Dundee and get a couple of hundred Dees travelling up the road curious for a first look at their own new signings that could be another little boost for the coffers. 

Prob just holidays etc at this time of the year. Hopefully Finn signs; Dyer will need to rediscover some of his previous form. What's the story with Aron Lynas tho? Not seen him mentioned in either the 'leaving' or 'been offered a contract' lists. Would have thought that we'd be wanting him. 
Not the worst cup draw either? I know no-one takes these very seriously and our cup form is as woeful as our recent league form - but if we could get a home draw v Dundee and get a couple of hundred Dees travelling up the road curious for a first look at their own new signings that could be another little boost for the coffers. 
We d 900 for a friendly last year .Does nt all money go into a pot and get split between 5 teams though ?

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:
5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
A possible new keeper being lined up if the Courier is anything to go by ...........Greig Fleming from Peterhead seemingly. 

That the same one who played for Ayr? He's pretty decent if it's him

Aye . That's him 

Willie Dyer then...Talk to me.
I liked him but he became a bit of a scapegoat as the hammering s started towards end of season.
Hedgie fucking hates him and if you watch our highlights from last season games you ll hear hedgie blaming Dyer for almost every goal we lost [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].
Very 1 footed but definitely good enough for League 1 . I m pissed off he's gone .
Just shows that the players who have nt signed are waiting and don t really want to play for Brechin City anymore . They ll sign as a last resort .

7 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I liked him but he became a bit of a scapegoat as the hammering s started towards end of season.
Hedgie fucking hates him and if you watch our highlights from last season games you ll hear hedgie blaming Dyer for almost every goal we lost emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png.
Very 1 footed but definitely good enough for League 1 . I m pissed off he's gone .
Just shows that the players who have nt signed are waiting and don t really want to play for Brechin City anymore . They ll sign as a last resort .

:lol: Scenes when he picks Hedgie out in the crowd after a goal next season (although judging by his goal record Hedgie is equally as likely to score and celebrate in front of him!)

He apparently lives in Dumbarton, so that's probably played a role in his decision.

[emoji38] Scenes when he picks Hedgie out in the crowd after a goal next season (although judging by his goal record Hedgie is equally as likely to score and celebrate in front of him!)
He apparently lives in Dumbarton, so that's probably played a role in his decision.
Ah well it's a no Brainer , he whips in some decent crosses but under Dodsy our players are nt allowed in the box to attack them

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Willie Dyer then...Talk to me.

Was poor last season, but wasn't alone in that. Seemed to have lost his ability to pass to a red shirt. Scored a calamitous 90th min OG against you guys at the Glebe in November which was probably the closest we got to a fifth point all season. That must have marked him out as a potential recruit for Aitken. 

Done good service prior to that tho and is young enough for last year to have been a blip. Would have thought he will get a warm enough welcome when you visit the Glebe next. 

Was poor last season, but wasn't alone in that. Seemed to have lost his ability to pass to a red shirt. Scored a calamitous 90th min OG against you guys at the Glebe in November which was probably the closest we got to a fifth point all season. That must have marked him out as a potential recruit for Aitken. 
Done good service prior to that tho and is young enough for last year to have been a blip. Would have thought he will get a warm enough welcome when you visit the Glebe next. 
As well as giving away a couple last minute penalties [emoji16][emoji16] na Hedgies right horrendous player had to go [emoji5].. ( joking)

30 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Hedgie fucking hates him and if you watch our highlights from last season games you ll hear hedgie blaming Dyer for almost every goal we lost emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png.

He didn't become a scapegoat.  He brought it on himself.  For a player of his experience he lacked any sort of leadership.  Very inconsistent and liked the big punt. No pace and always lost the player he was marking.  A lot of the goals we lost were down to bad        horrendous marking mainly from set pieces . Willie was indeed to blame for a lot of them but not all.  Crighton can take credit for some along with the frequent  Buzz howler. 

How he managed to last so long at Dundee still puzzles me. 

I am glad he has gone . Fresh start from here on in . 

He didn't become a scapegoat.  He brought it on himself.  For a player of his experience he lacked any sort of leadership.  Very inconsistent and liked the big punt. No pace and always lost the player he was marking.  A lot of the goals we lost were down to bad        horrendous marking mainly from set pieces . Willie was indeed to blame for a lot of them but not all.  Crighton can take credit for some along with the frequent  Buzz howler. 
How he managed to last so long at Dundee still puzzles me. 
I am glad he has gone . Fresh start from here on in . 
Just banter [emoji16] I liked him you did nt that's what footy s about

Archived