Brechin City Season 2017/2018

Cheers! Here's to the club sticking to the black detailing and shorts, made for a really good look the last two years IMO.
It'd be cool to get a matchworn top for my site, anyone specific at City I should write to?

Darren Dods he s been selling the jerseys since start of the season [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So with Buzz gone dose Paddy get the no 1 spot ? Or will we bring on another keeper ? Think Paddy deserves a chance if he signs again that is. He's done well when he's played so think he more than deserves a chance

Wheres smith off to or has he retired?

No surprises in the list of those leaving, though maybe slightly surprising there weren't more. I'd we're to assume that the rest are in negotiations then perhaps we can hope to see the likes of Sinclair and maybe Storie at the Glebe next season. If we could field those two in midfield along with Tapping we could have a side worth watching in League 1 and a few overdue wins. 

Thanks to all those departing for your efforts, particularly Fusco, Smith and Dale. fusco has obviously been a good servant over many years and hopefully will get a good turnout for his testimonial. Smith is a few subs short of a full squad but is still a good keeper and will be a great acquisition for someone. 

Of the others leaving, I'd also flag up Liam Watt who the OS says is still looking for a club. Had some great moments for us the previous season and will be an asset for someone else too - if he is match fit which he seemed not to be for us this season

22 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Cheers! Here's to the club sticking to the black detailing and shorts, made for a really good look the last two years IMO.

It'd be cool to get a matchworn top for my site, anyone specific at City I should write to?

Red shirts, white shorts next season.

Ye we ll miss Buzz he was looking good the last few games when others had given up .
We need to get in a striker though that's priority

Buzz is a fud looked good blaming everyone in front of him I’m sure he thot he was bigger than the club

if Buzz was a fud he would nt have stayed 5 seasons. Anytime he was out injured or suspended he was there with his kids all with they re City strips on.
I think we ve lost a good keeper . But we ve always had good keepers

if Buzz was a fud he would nt have stayed 5 seasons. Anytime he was out injured or suspended he was there with his kids all with they re City strips on.
I think we ve lost a good keeper . But we ve always had good keepers

Oh ffs. he stayed because he was over paid. What an effort to bring your family to games?? Smell the coffee

On 5/6/2018 at 18:26, RedintheBed said:

The club are asking us to vote on whether to keep the squad numbered and named shirts for next season or revert to the traditional 1-11. I feel that going back to the old way suggests a lack of ambition and we're happy to be back with the lower league guys. We should be giving the message that we're an ambitious club and willing to move forward with the more modern method. Come on City fans - show we're no longer a wee village team. Squad numbers please!
PS. cost difference is minimal!

Depends on your definition of "minimal". I would think if you have say 4 sets of kit and a 20 man numbered squad as a minimum (it's in reality likely to be more like 30 over a season) and are using names as well as numbers which means even if someone leaves you can't re-use the shirt by allocating the number to someone else then it will amount to a four figure sum over the season. By the time. If you use "1-11", which is in reality 18 numbered shirts since you need 7 sub kits, then it's likely to be about 40 odd less sets of kit never mind the fairly trivial cost of the additional lettering and printing.

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

(it's in reality likely to be more like 30 over a season)

I'd be surprised by that given the utter state of our strips (last season certainly):

DAS12n3VoAAENn4.jpg

The camera guy clearly shares my thoughts on it.

Oh ffs. he stayed because he was over paid. What an effort to bring your family to games?? Smell the coffee

Agree with 1947 he was a great servant to the club if it wasn't for the penalty saves in the play offs we wouldn't have got to the championship. How do you know he was over paid ? Do you have access to players wages ?

38 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Agree with 1947 he was a great servant to the club if it wasn't for the penalty saves in the play offs we wouldn't have got to the championship. How do you know he was over paid ? Do you have access to players wages ?

He was a good negotiator .  Managed to wangle a wee rise mid contract too .............. Pity his early season form didn't reflect his negotiating skills !!  ;)

His last 4 or 5 games he looked fitter and was back to his best it was nt his fault the inevitable hammering s started. He saved us a helliva lot . Excellent eccentric goalie

Why then is he offski?

Archived