Brechin City Season 2017/2018

If rumours are true we re letting our better players go ? Has they re been unrest in dressing room .

Our squad s good enough to challenge in League 1 . Need a couple strikers and a severe change of formation . But I think we d do okay

Really?

I'm not even remotely convinced our squad would be good enough to challenge in League 1 and we finished 26 points better off than yourselves.

I mean Dods hasn't exactly covered himself in glory but I'd be astounded if any gaffer could get a squad of players who went a full season winless, picking up a paltry 4 points, challenging next season. The players have to shoulder some of the blame for this seasons failings. If I was a Brechin fan I'd want the majority of them emptied.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a bit of truth in that.some players are not up to it some just playing out their careers and of course bad tactics.we still have some good young players who unfortunately will be tarred with the same brush. I hope for their sake their football career isn’t damaged to much

Really?

I'm not even remotely convinced our squad would be good enough to challenge in League 1 and we finished 26 points better off than yourselves.

I mean Dods hasn't exactly covered himself in glory but I'd be astounded if any gaffer could get a squad of players who went a full season winless, picking up a paltry 4 points, challenging next season. The players have to shoulder some of the blame for this seasons failings. If I was a Brechin fan I'd want the majority of them emptied.

Yes honestly , get a couple lads up front would be a massive help. But this sitting back till the 2nd half killed us .
The games we attacked (Utd away Aug)both St Mirren games at home and Caley at home December we played really well. Of course there's guys that can move every team has them .

So that's fusco retired. Bit surprised the club haven't said any thing he has been a great servant to the club always gave his all pretty poor by them for not doing any thing for him

They don t say much about anything now . Even the websites not announced POY stuff etc .
No word of frees nothing .
We ve usually got guys signed up etc

So that's fusco retired. Bit surprised the club haven't said any thing he has been a great servant to the club always gave his all pretty poor by them for not doing any thing for him

It was announced at the dinner dance on Saturday and Fusco himself gave a farewell speech. It was also confirmed that he’d get a testimonial. Not sure what else you’d be looking for.

It was announced at the dinner dance on Saturday and Fusco himself gave a farewell speech. It was also confirmed that he’d get a testimonial. Not sure what else you’d be looking for.

Ah ok I wasn't at the dinner dance so never knew. There's been nothing put on the club website so those who weren't there wouldn't have known

7 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Ah ok I wasn't at the dinner dance so never knew. There's been nothing put on the club website so those who weren't there wouldn't have known

I think I agree with this.   It's been a long hard season for the supporters but now that it's over the majority are looking for glimmers of hope for next season.  I know it's only the first week after the season finished but the sooner some positive stuff is announced the better. Announcements thanking the fans would be a start along with signing  and releasing updates. 

Most ( other than those at the dance) don't even know if Dods is staying or going.  

Players are probably mulling over new deals as we speak, and once the club know the outcome of those I’m sure there will be a roundup of those who are staying and going in due course.

Most ( other than those at the dance) don't even know if Dods is staying or going.  

Eh? He’s got another year on his deal.

I wasn’t at the dance either as I don’t live local.

How did Callumn Morrison look whilst playing for you? He was obviously at Stirling for the first half of the season and looked a class act, absolute stand out. Hope he gets a chance to impress at Hearts if he looked the part during his time with you.

I had heard that on the grapevine. Would be good to get it from the horses mouth though.  

Heard what on the grapevine? He signed a two year deal last summer so unfortunately he’s still got a year left. What needs confirmed?

28 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Heard what on the grapevine? He signed a two year deal last summer so unfortunately he’s still got a year left. What needs confirmed?

Oh I thought you meant the extension !!!   Sorry :whistle

Nah , joking aside his comments a couple of months back saying that football management is not a long term thing  when talking about his new business ventures had us all wondering  whether he was thinking of jacking it.  

Players are probably mulling over new deals as we speak, and once the club know the outcome of those I’m sure there will be a roundup of those who are staying and going in due course.

Yeah I under stand that I wasn't really taking about that. I know things like this take time and there is no rush i was just making a point about the fusco thing

I think it was at the Morton away game , his partner was sticking up for him and a City fan started abusing her .
Does nt matter how bad a guys playing you don t insult they re families .

Archived