Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don t really fault players I'd fault tactics . Obviously players made mistakes as well during season . I think we were fit enough we d bad luck with loan signings and new signings getting injured as well .Plus Jackson out all season and Big Mcgeever out never helped .
Too negative for me

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

had the rest of the pub genuinely bewildered as to how Brechin came to be in a division where they were so massively out of there depth. 

Due to the mentalness of the play offs in this country mainly. 

They finished 4th last season with a negative goal difference. They didn’t deserve promotion. 

Look at Peterhead, they now need to play Stirling Albion in the playoffs, who they finished 21 points clear of.  Peterhead deserve promotion as they’ve been as good as Montrose , SA most definitely don’t. 

Finishing 4th in a 10 team league shouldn’t be rewarded with the chance of promotion.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Due to the mentalness of the play offs in this country mainly. 

They finished 4th last season with a negative goal difference. They didn’t deserve promotion. 

Look at Peterhead, they now need to play Stirling Albion in the playoffs, who they finished 21 points clear of.  Peterhead deserve promotion as they’ve been as good as Montrose , SA most definitely don’t. 

Finishing 4th in a 10 team league shouldn’t be rewarded with the chance of promotion.

That's plenty. The play-offs have been a tremendous addition to the SPFL and have given almost every club in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 something to play for over the course of the season. You only deserve to win automatic promotion if you win the division outright. I have no sympathy for Peterhead.

Brechin City absolutely deserved promotion last year after winning the play-offs, they've just been so abjectly resourced and managed this term.

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

That's plenty. The play-offs have been a tremendous addition to the SPFL and have given almost every club in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 something to play for over the course of the season. You only deserve to win automatic promotion if you win the division outright. I have no sympathy for Peterhead.

Brechin City absolutely deserved promotion last year after winning the play-offs, they've just been so abjectly resourced and managed this term.

If potentially two clubs are to be promoted from each league, it should be the two best I’m afraid. 

Montrose, Peterhead, Ayr, Raith, St Mirren and Livingston are the only clubs who deserve promotion because over the season, they’ve been the two best in each league.

It’s a ludicrous concept. Finishing mid-table shouldn’t be rewarded with a chance of promotion. 

This less meaningless games argument is a poor one as well. Every league on the planet ends up with meaningless games at the end of the season. Scottish football’s hard-on with trying to be different all the time is tiresome.

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s a ludicrous concept. Finishing mid-table shouldn’t be rewarded with a chance of promotion. 

This less meaningless games argument is a poor one as well. Every league on the planet ends up with meaningless games at the end of the season. Scottish football’s hard-on with trying to be different all the time is tiresome.

So I assume if ICT had finished 4th you would have been campaigning that you refuse to take part in the Play offs ? 

9 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So I assume if ICT had finished 4th you would have been campaigning that you refuse to take part in the Play offs ? 

I knew this was coming. The play off setup is ridiculous, regardless of who qualifies for it. I’ve been very vocal about ICT not deserving promotion. They’re no where near good enough.  Like Brechin weren’t last season.

I knew this was coming. The play off setup is ridiculous, regardless of who qualifies for it. I’ve been very vocal about ICT not deserving promotion. They’re no where near good enough.  Like Brechin weren’t last season.

Pipe down Barry Boring

If rumours are true we re letting our better players go ? Has they re been unrest in dressing room .
Our squad s good enough to challenge in League 1 . Need a couple strikers and a severe change of formation . But I think we d do okay

Archived