Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dods deserves to see the season out, he got them promoted. With no budget there was no chance Brechin would even finish 9th. It’s a massive step up.

130K from finishing 10th plus United and St Mirren have taken over 6000 fans In 4 games, Brechin will have a budget advantage over the division next season and If they’re In the top position next year they’ll no how to prepare better for this league.

I think.... it’s 160k they get.

It's paid in instalment s over course of the season I think they ve had most of it

How can it be paid in instalments? Take it everyone has had about the same as yourselves then? Your final payment will just be less than everyone else’s?

I asked treasurer about it a few weeks back when figures were published . I'm guessing the final payments will all differ from top to bottom. It's in instalment s to keep clubs from being naive I think .Imagine giving ourselves 100 k or Stenny 160k and we blew it all on 1 player that's not very clever .Keeps everything sensible

8 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I asked treasurer about it a few weeks back when figures were published . I'm guessing the final payments will all differ from top to bottom. It's in instalment s to keep clubs from being naive I think .Imagine giving ourselves 100 k or Stenny 160k and we blew it all on 1 player that's not very clever .Keeps everything sensible

Naive just about sums up most of the committee  well meaning, hard working, love the club, but naive. Hopefully we do not see a Cowdenbeath  scenario over the next few seasons because of this 

On 22/04/2018 at 06:52, Best Team in Angus said:

Naive just about sums up most of the committee  well meaning, hard working, love the club, but naive. Hopefully we do not see a Cowdenbeath  scenario over the next few seasons because of this 

I can’t understand this “naive” comment. Naive would have been to blow the extra income in trying to stay up and we have done the exact opposite. I suggest a retraction and apology would be in order here if your ego permits.

2 hours ago, OldRed said:

I can’t understand this “naive” comment. Naive would have been to blow the extra income in trying to stay up and we have done the exact opposite. I suggest a retraction and apology would be in order here if your ego permits.

Good post , although I still wonder why Dods wasn't given targets  to reach despite being given a free leash this season.   That might have encouraged a more attacking style of football. 

But  hindsight is a marvelous thing . 

I m meaning say we got a payment off 160k and went and signed 1 better class of player but then 10 games in find out we can t afford to keep paying his wages.

9 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Mmmmm Rangers, Dundee , Hearts , Dunfermline, Livvy , Gretna , Airdrie , Leeds , Portsmouth .

Are you seriously suggesting you've spent £160K on 10 weeks wages for 1 player?  I'm assuming it's the lad from Dundee you're talking about here, if you think you've been paying him anywhere near £16K a week please send me whatever drugs you're smoking in Brechin.

Are you seriously suggesting you've spent £160K on 10 weeks wages for 1 player?  I'm assuming it's the lad from Dundee you're talking about here, if you think you've been paying him anywhere near £16K a week please send me whatever drugs you're smoking in Brechin.

No no no we were discussing how the league placement payment works and WHY it's distributed over the season and not in one lump sum .
My idea was it's too stop clubs being crazy with a huge lump sum I used that figure as an example.

2 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

No no no we were discussing how the league placement payment works and WHY it's distributed over the season and not in one lump sum .
My idea was it's too stop clubs being crazy with a huge lump sum I used that figure as an example.

Ah, I've misunderstood your original post. Apologies, carry on.

5 hours ago, OldRed said:

dont think i need to apologise for stating my opinion that clearly  differ from yours but its a forum so that allowed :rolleyes:

Archived