Brechin City Season 2017/2018

3 minutes ago, slangs said:

Created a few chances just don’t have a decent striker

Last night  was the first time in a long while that we have played with 2/3 strikers and moved the ball about on the deck.  After their first goal you could see the heads go down and everyone losing that extra yard of pace that they showed in the first half

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it’s the two. Decent chances in games. Thats the difference in those close games. But ultimately I blame the coaches. We’re going back to div. 1 where we were poor,how are we ment to be confident for the season ahead with one of the worst coaches ever in football. ????

2 hours ago, slangs said:

For me it’s the two. Decent chances in games. Thats the difference in those close games. But ultimately I blame the coaches. We’re going back to div. 1 where we were poor,how are we ment to be confident for the season ahead with one of the worst coaches ever in football. ????

Don't normally agree with you slangs but I'm not too confident about next season either. I know there are reasons why DD hasn't been given his marching orders ( probably financial) but I reckon there's a helluva lot riding on the first few games of next season. 

4 hours ago, accris said:

Don't normally agree with you slangs but I'm not too confident about next season either. I know there are reasons why DD hasn't been given his marching orders ( probably financial) but I reckon there's a helluva lot riding on the first few games of next season. 

Get Dodds out now and give the new coach preseason with the players so they can adjust to his ideas.Giving Dodds a few games into the new season is nonsense as then when a new coach comes in then players adjust to his ideas and a couple of months will be gone of new season.

Sorry don’t get that,the two canny finish their Denner

On Tuesday a few players created chances but they re shooting seemed to have no power in their shots . And were more like pass backs .
I ve genuinely no qualms about current squad for next year obviously need a striker .
Offload 2 or 3 and get in a decent striker .
But the manager scares the shite out of me his overall record must make horrendous reading now . That's the paper s picking up on almost a year since a league win now so much ridiculing ahead I guess

Think he has to go at the end of the season, give a new coach time during the summer to get going. If we give Dods a few games at the start of next season and we get off to a poor start as i fear we could, the choice of a replacement could be more limited.

Has Dods stopped giving press conferences after games now or are they just not being posted on the website? I miss him saying 'disappointing' every few words!

At least Fort William 'only' drew last night against Strathspey who are realistically the only team they'll beat.  Having no wins and 4 points, we're now only joint worst at senior level. A sunny good news day. 

15 hours ago, accris said:

Next season worries me too.  His record isn't what you would call impressive.  

Two seasons ago we had the great escape  , which exciting as it was , had us at the bottom of the league for most of the season.  Also out of all the cups at the first attempt.  

Last season we lost more games than we won but managed to hover around the play off places most of the season and secure a place .  granted the play offs were excellent and we deserved our promotion out of them alone.   Also out of all the cups at the first attempt. 

This season speaks for itself.   A fairly logical game plan for the first quarter of containing first half then going for it in the second.  Once the teams worked that out after we played them all once then it was easy for them to deal with our tactics.  No plan B  so the season became a damage limitation one. ...........Two lucky draws in the cup gave us an easier than usual first match followed by  the money spinner. 

I would only hope these facts are put to him from our committee and questions asked on how he will change things for next season especially in the cups .   The last thing we want is a Cowdebeath scenario.  

If there are no hard and fast plans in place ...including the players he wants to keep ...... then I'm  afraid he has to go. 

What's every ones view on the players awards at the end of the season ? Surely we can't have awards after the season we have had ? I know the players deserve praise for putting in effort and it's mostly down to the managers tactics but how can we award a team that's not won a game all season ? All the talk of sacking the manager we might as,well forget about it we don't have the money to pay him off so it's not going to happen so we just have to accept the fact that he will be our manager next season unless he walks

How much is Dods on? Surely the money raked in from the Celtic cup game and the Tangerine and Paisley Pound, plus the increased prize money, would be plenty to sack Dods? It's not as if the board have invested hugely in the playing squad.

How much is Dods on? Surely the money raked in from the Celtic cup game and the Tangerine and Paisley Pound, plus the increased prize money, would be plenty to sack Dods? It's not as if the board have invested hugely in the playing squad.

I was just thinking that when I read your post.
The reason he is nt being shown the door is because he's a friend of the chairman s pure and simple . The fans who are left are sick of this negative pish week in week out .
Saturday we will lose 4 0 we all know it 2 down before halftime then 2 second half goals .
The players are sick of his tactics as well .Players families mix with supporters at away games .
As for POY I'd say Pabs has played at an acceptable level , Dale has tried his best as has young Sparky who's played in a different position every other week never outstanding but never as poor as others.

I was just thinking that when I read your post.
The reason he is nt being shown the door is because he's a friend of the chairman s pure and simple . The fans who are left are sick of this negative pish week in week out .
Saturday we will lose 4 0 we all know it 2 down before halftime then 2 second half goals .
The players are sick of his tactics as well .Players families mix with supporters at away games .
As for POY I'd say Pabs has played at an acceptable level , Dale has tried his best as has young Sparky who's played in a different position every other week never outstanding but never as poor as others.

I would go for Finn, played out of position all season and when he’s been playing wing back they have put Aron on at centre mid.He tries to play a bit of football every game. Don’t think he gets a fair shout.

You are obviously watching completely different games to me. Pabs has been the best of a bad bunch at the back, no defender should be anywhere near an award.

Dale has tried his best? Come on we’re not playing under 10 football. He’s been out of his depth more than most, it’s clear to see he’s a ball winner but can barely play a pass. Been chasing shadows all season. Spark is in the same category I’m afraid.

The only players to come out this season with any kind of credit are Finn and Sinclair in my opinion. Even then Finn has been mysteriously in and out of the team and Sinclair appears to have fitness issues and is made of chocolate.

Archived