Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

They always say the season  ticket holders own the club but like you say when it comes to stuff like this it falls on deaf ears. I for one feel I have not had value for money for my season ticket this year 

I ve enjoyed seeing better players and larger crowds better stadia . But gutted that committee of our community club are happy to go along with the worst ever season possible.  We ve NOT got the worst squad of players I ve seen at the club and genuinely believe a more attacking minded manager would ve made much more of this season . Yeah we would ve went down the gaps bigger than  I thought but not too lay a finger on Dumbarton s been the hardest part . With a few tweaks this squad could be a decent team next season .But we need a new man at the helm . Who does nt constantly defend . 

Is there one single person in here that believe Dods shouldn’t go?

The committee are elected to run the club on behalf of the supporters. Every supporter (unless someone proves me otherwise) wants Dods gone so surely you’d think the committee are of the same opinion? They are supporters of the club just like us too.

Paying off his contract might be a stumbling block but you’ve got to look at the bigger picture. We rode our luck getting into this league, I can’t see that happening again. We need a new manager to instil confidence back into this squad and club as a whole so we don’t do a ‘Cowden’.

I ve enjoyed seeing better players and larger crowds better stadia . But gutted that committee of our community club are happy to go along with the worst ever season possible.  We ve NOT got the worst squad of players I ve seen at the club and genuinely believe a more attacking minded manager would ve made much more of this season . Yeah we would ve went down the gaps bigger than  I thought but not too lay a finger on Dumbarton s been the hardest part . With a few tweaks this squad could be a decent team next season .But we need a new man at the helm . Who does nt constantly defend . 

I have to agree with you. From an external point of view you have been a stick on for relegation since Christmas but you aren't as bad a team as your record makes you look.

You aren't capable of defending for 90 minutes though and a manager with eyes would have been able to see a change was needed, attacking in every game would still have gotten you relegated but you might have won a couple of games.

39 minutes ago, slangs said:

Who’s going to take a gamble on them so that could affect their livelihood if Brechin don’t want them

Raith fans were probably saying the same about Mark Stewart or Chris Johnston (possibly even Craig Barr) yet all players got deals in the Championship this year. If players have potential or ability they'll be picked up somewhere, even if it's down a level or two. Dods isn't stopping these guys getting food on the table, he's just ruining his managerial reputation.

After the 2nd goal goes in tonight around 7 52 shall we loup the barrier and all sit in the centre circle and protest until DD puts a 2nd striker on [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]...

Serious stuff ????????

Archived