Brechin City Season 2017/2018

Dods and Co need to go.

Baily just needed a ukulele and he would have burst into song 'when I'm cleaning windows' - he just lent against the dug out all night. I had hope for Campbell but nothing seems to change.

I had been super supportive but done.

I was thinking last night that we signed Crighton and McGeaver to play alongside McLean to form a solidish central 3 but they only every played to together on about 3 occasions - so that plan went tits up and ever since it has been a mix and match back three. Dale, Graham and Sinclair in the middle but that never really materialised either and with the work rate and experience of Jackson missing for most of the season we have had little up top. So whilst I still think Dods and Co should go he has not been helped by injury.

That said we came into the league and went straight out with a wimper which is disappointing.

One thing for sure this years AGM should be interesting.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No raging just enough to deal with. Don’t mean to be ignorant or anything else just got enough on our plate

The boy was asked a question and he answered it, get over yourself.

Dods and Co need to go.
Baily just needed a ukulele and he would have burst into song 'when I'm cleaning windows' - he just lent against the dug out all night. I had hope for Campbell but nothing seems to change.
I was thinking last night that we signed Crighton and McGeaver to play alongside McLean to form a solidish central 3 but they only every played to together on about 3 occasions - so that plan went tits up and ever since it has been a mix and match back three. Dale, Graham and Sinclair in the middle but that never really materialised either and with the work rate and experience of Jackson missing for most of the season we have had little up top. So whilst I still think Dods and Co should go he has not been helped by injury.
That said we came into the league and went straight out with a wimper which is disappointing.

Injuries have hampered Dodsy since he took job on usually centre halves for some odd reason . Even his loan signings are jinxed . I don t think he's signed many bad players more his tactics have failed.

56 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Dods and Co need to go.

Couldn't agree more.  I've had a feeling that Dods should go for a couple of months now but the last couple of weeks or so has just confirmed it.

I do feel sorry for Dods in that he has had his fair share of injuries this season, however it appears that we have turned up this season with the sole intention of 'making it difficult' for other teams rather than trying to gather points for ourselves. 

Ken confirmed that whilst the Club will support the Manager with a good player’s budget to allow him to compete in the Championship we do not plan to spend big to try and keep up with the full time teams, instead electing to repair some of the financial damage incurred over the past two seasons.

This is a quote from the club website from the AGM last year, and while I agree 100% with the decision to not 'chase the dream' and play the long game, it does say that he was given a good budget to allow him to compete.  I actually feel he did relatively well with the budget he was given - Crighton has been one of our best players this year and Sinclair has been one of our only real goal threats.  I believe Layne was already lined up to come in at the end of the season regardless of whether we went up or not, and even though he had to endure a LOT of stick at the start of the season, I feel he was coming on to a game before disappearing from the side.  More funds were given in January following the Celtic cup draw, Tapping has looked ok since joining and I haven't seen enough of Storie to judge, however by this point we were pretty much down already, so I have to question why we are spending more money this season (unless these two are going to stay on next year?)

Sadly Dods' only real tactic this year was to dig our heels in and hope we were still in with a shot in the last 10 minutes or so and then 'give it a go' - this never really worked and he didn't seem to have a Plan B.   Rarely have we ventured forward looking for a goal until we need one - normally after the first 15 minutes.  I think we've conceded about a quarter of our goals in the first 15, so we can't even use the full time teams' fitness as an excuse.

I think the chopping and changing the last few weeks has shown that Dods has run out of ideas - Crighton being dropped on Tuesday and being subbed on after 25 minutes is baffling as Spark didn't look injured (I may stand corrected on this one) and I don't think Smith did himself any favours in goal - I felt O'Neil had done well enough in the previous games to keep his spot, despite making a mistake for the OG on Saturday.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I've been very disappointed in the lack of ambition Dods has shown this season - and lack of faith in his own players to go out there and win a game.  I think it's shown in the last few weeks, where players have given up the ghost and don't seem to be trying anymore - neither do the coaching staff.

If the club are going to stand by Dods and give him next season, then he HAS to start planning for it now.  Treat the rest of the games as pre-season for next year, and play the team how he wants to play next season.  We surely aren't going to go into League One with the same attitude of defending for most of the game.  See who fits the system and who doesn't, sign up the players you want to keep and line up replacements for the ones that are getting shown the door.  I don't even care if we lose every game 10-0 as long as we give it a go - I'd have been happy with that this season but it just feels like we haven't even tried.  Rant over.

Greenie even though I don't agree with the losing 10-0 every week part. Bang on for the rest of it though.

Well apart fae Crichton, he’s wash a great big guy that doesn’t command his area.Dods has not got what it takes. Plays his favourites no matter. It’s worked against him.

Hows Gadz getting on? Thank you.

You being serious ???? First game gave away a penalty got booked and broke his nose. .
2nd game dislocated shoulder after colliding with own keeper and post .Out for season. .[emoji30]

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

You being serious ???? First game gave away a penalty got booked and broke his nose. .
2nd game dislocated shoulder after colliding with own keeper and post .Out for season. .emoji30.png

Jeezo :lol: I apologise for laughing but that kinds of sums up the whole escapade for you.

Jeezo [emoji38] I apologise for laughing but that kinds of sums up the whole escapade for you.

Ye and we signed Craig Storie a few weeks back first start at weekend scores a bra free kick then off injured might be out for season [emoji22]

Well that's went worse than we expected . Hopefully Dods changes his ways or we ll be straight down next year . We ve been far too negative all season apart from Tannadice in August .He's not getting the sack so we ll just have to back him I guess

31 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Can anyone come up with a genuine reason why DD should not be sacked ?

"He did really well to get you promoted, and you should just accept relegation"

Will be the reason wheeled out by his pals in the media, and by people who know little about being a football fan. I like Dods, I think that he comes across as a decent guy, and obviously the circumstances aren't easy. But for any club, at any level, to get relegated having failed to win a single league game between August and March is unacceptable. 

I'm surprised he hasn't resigned actually. It must be every bit as brutal for him as it has been for you guys - although at least he's been paid to watch it!

He was pretty much treated as a hero for saving us from almost certain relegation in his first season, even though it was actually him that had taken us to the brink of it in the first place after an awful run. We perhaps saw this as a progressing team that eventually became invincible at the end, hoping that would lead us to a more typical level.

However, other than winning the playoffs, his greatest achievement with the club is scraping 4th place in League 1 by the skin of our teeth. Winning two rounds against Raith & Alloa on penalties isn't enough for immunity I'm afraid.

"He did really well to get you promoted, and you should just accept relegation"
Will be the reason wheeled out by his pals in the media, and by people who know little about being a football fan. I like Dods, I think that he comes across as a decent guy, and obviously the circumstances aren't easy. But for any club, at any level, to get relegated having failed to win a single league game between August and March is unacceptable. 
I'm surprised he hasn't resigned actually. It must be every bit as brutal for him as it has been for you guys - although at least he's been paid to watch it!

It's not just league games his cup record s 2 wins outta 17 ( one of which is against Buckie )
Kenny Ferguson s quick to state in yesterday's paper that the Season Ticket holders own the club .
Well Kenny I think the Season Ticket holders are looking for a few answers ?

1. 0 points against Dumbarton who were to be our big rivals . ?
2. Why we go 2 goals down in first 15 minutes every other game ? obviously a lack of motivation in dressing room prior to game ?
3. Why we never signed a striker when it was blatantly obvious pre season we needed fire power ?
4.And how long are we expected to watch same old defensive tactics
5. We ve signed half decent players will they be staying for next year ?

Archived