Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was anybody at the game? Could someone give us a report please?

Set pieces was our downfall, two goals came from corners and the other was a free kick straight from the training ground. Other than that we did ok but we were up against a strong side who will be competing at the top end of the Championship. Not to mention we were missing 6 players, 4 or 5 of which probably would have started the game.

Crichton of course only signed yesterday and probably only met his team mates for the first time before the game. Their number 15 Mulraney had an excellent game and gave our defence a torrid time.

For us, although we didn't have an awful lot of forays going forward, I thought Kalvin Orsi looked bright and had some good touches.

We'll get a better indication of what level we're at on Tuesday against Forfar with a number of players to return from suspension.

We were missing a 6 4" vocal unit at the back .Our defence were nt that bad Willie Dyer s gave away a pen it happens .I m more concerned up other end Finn Grahams cracked in3 decents corners all missed

Whilst a bit disappointed with the result I can see much promise and with some fine tuning am okay with our team / squad. I liked the system we played with two up top - you have to remember the back line have only played once before and it was just for a half in Inverness, the midfield three have not played there together before and I would say it is the first time that Jackson and Layne have played as out and out attackers. We could also add McGeaver and Watt into the starting 11. So not all bad.

The only thing I would what to see change is for Layne to pass the ball a bit more and work a bit harder. Maybe on the latter we have been spoiled by Jacksons work rate and feel everyone should be at that level. He does tend to hold onto the ball a bit too much - Jackson and Graham giving him pelters for this very thing or not making the proper run. Hopefully one or more of these things can be addressed as we move forward. By the way a very sweet strike.

And three penalty shoot out wins on the trot!

Whilst a bit disappointed with the result I can see much promise and with some fine tuning am okay with our team / squad. I liked the system we played with two up top - you have to remember the back line have only played once before and it was just for a half in Inverness, the midfield three have not played there together before and I would say it is the first time that Jackson and Layne have played as out and out attackers. We could also add McGeaver and Watt into the starting 11. So not all bad.

The only thing I would what to see change is for Layne to pass the ball a bit more and work a bit harder. Maybe on the latter we have been spoiled by Jacksons work rate and feel everyone should be at that level. He does tend to hold onto the ball a bit too much - Jackson and Graham giving him pelters for this very thing or not making the proper run. Hopefully one or more of these things can be addressed as we move forward. By the way a very sweet strike.

And three penalty shoot out wins on the trot!

Fair assessment. I too was a bit disappointed with the result but also a bit surprised at the way the team was set up. At home to Forfar I felt we should have been a little more attacking and played with winger but I understand that we will have to play with 5 at the back for most of next season and Dods is perhaps trying to drill this formation into the new recruits before the league campaign starts.

Isaac was frustrating at times and off the ball positionally he was poor, often had to be told by his team mates and particularly Jackson where he should be. This will hopefully improve as time goes on. He showed why we've signed him though - most would have expected him to lay the ball off for the goal but instead struck an excellent shot into the corner. It's good that he's off the mark already as I think he is very much a confidence player.

As you say, McGeever and Watt still to come back. Both of whom will add a lot to the team.

We could have been 3 up at halftime if young Spark had connected,did well to b there though so a wee bit sharper.it was never a pen the guy fell over Willie.

Was standing right inline with the penalty, he slid in at least a foot away and the guy turned into/over him. Very soft but going off your feet in the box you always run the risk!

4 hours ago, slangs said:

Are we all going 2morrow?

Yeah be a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon. Better than visiting the in laws anyway. Anyone know if we'll be at full strength ? Players back from holidays etc ? Wouldn't want the Dons fans coming to see an weakened City team .  #onlyheretoseethecity                                                                                                                                                                 Also will the "City Club"  be open yet ? Considering a cheeky beverage before the game........just cause.

Archived