Brechin City Season 2017/2018

24 minutes ago, Diamond Smiles said:

White shirts for the home kit. Really? We don't want to start looking like Airdrie now do we?

Says the Brechin fan with 'Diamond' in their username. :rolleyes:

Anyway, just seen OH's post.  Seems that something has been lost in translation after I spoke to a board member about it!  A mention of the original colours and that there were rules about similar colours in home and away kits... although the St Johnstone horror strips have had me doubting that somewhat.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Well we ve not really strenghened McGeaver for Hill ( like for like ) and young Spark will be a squad player i m guessing ..Isaacs decent but is he any better than Trouton was ? I was hoping we d sign an expierianced midfielder .Early days we ll see what friendly s bring .. I just don t see us being stronger at this moment ...A guy like Dillon would be such a boost to squad and fans .

I would like to think Spark will be more than a squad player. Trouts never really performed until the last few games mainly due to injury so I see Isaac as a more than adequate replacement. 

On the Dillon issue, I have been informed that no one at the club has been in contact with him.  It was possibly his agent trying to put him in the shop window for when he secured his coaching job.    Interesting to see that we have not been mentioned in the latest press release about clubs interested. 

10 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The home shirt is the same as last year ....Red.   The away shirt is white with red shorts.   

As regards the club shop, this has been an issue for many years now.  The existing shop is not fit for purpose as , 1.  It is too small  ,     2. It gets a bit damp when it is closed and the heaters are off.  This is no use when storing stock        and  3. It is felt that there is more footfall  ( meaning possibly more sales ) at the top of the ground and might be better sighted there.  

Fair enough, as in exactly the same design as last season?  I find the complete lack of awareness of the fundraiser on social media a bit odd though.

http://store.brechincity.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=115

Other fans: if you beat us then you need to put a tenner in each, per game.  It's a new SPFL / FIFA / EU rule.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Fair enough, as in exactly the same design as last season?  I find the complete lack of awareness of the fundraiser on social media a bit odd though.

http://store.brechincity.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=115

Other fans: if you beat us then you need to put a tenner in each, per game.  It's a new SPFL / FIFA / EU rule.

The Supporters Club AGM was only last night so presumably they've just put that up.  Its on Facebook and twitter now so the volunteers of the club must have finished work ;)

Also looking on the pendle site this is the new away strip minus the baselayer https://www.footballkit.co.uk/football-shirts/rio-baselayer-shirt-set/rio-baselayer-shirt-set-white-red/

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I would like to think Spark will be more than a squad player. Trouts never really performed until the last few games mainly due to injury so I see Isaac as a more than adequate replacement. 

On the Dillon issue, I have been informed that no one at the club has been in contact with him.  It was possibly his agent trying to put him in the shop window for when he secured his coaching job.    Interesting to see that we have not been mentioned in the latest press release about clubs interested. 

Ok i was just quizzing not being negative (for a change :whistle).I know monies tight if any ?? And when we went up we all agreed lets just enjoy it , but a couple ald heeds or young  exciting loanees keeps fans keen.. I just don t want relegated without a fight .Hey we might all get a surprise n do an 83/84 in a play off spot with 5 games left ha ha ha .. Imagine the rage from some teams !!..

32 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Ok i was just quizzing not being negative (for a change :whistle).I know monies tight if any ?? And when we went up we all agreed lets just enjoy it , but a couple ald heeds or young  exciting loanees keeps fans keen.. I just don t want relegated without a fight .Hey we might all get a surprise n do an 83/84 in a play off spot with 5 games left ha ha ha .. Imagine the rage from some teams !!..

I think the loanees thing is on the cards  but no indication as yet to any experienced lads coming in.   I am with you on that one.  An experienced sweeper/ midfielder and a striker with presence to work alongside Jacko would be ideal.  There are 3 trialists on Saturday .  Maybe one of them might be decent enough to get a contract. 

32 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think the loanees thing is on the cards  but no indication as yet to any experienced lads coming in.   I am with you on that one.  An experienced sweeper/ midfielder and a striker with presence to work alongside Jacko would be ideal.  There are 3 trialists on Saturday .  Maybe one of them might be decent enough to get a contract. 

Ye a bid daft centre forward to win the inevitable high ball s that we ll lump up park..

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye a bid daft centre forward to win the inevitable high ball s that we ll lump up park..

No in this league.  The higher the leagues  the more chance you get to play proper football.  Or so I've been led to believe. 

3 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Any one know if it's a 3pm or 2pm kick off tomorrow and are season tickets still at early bird prices

2.00pm Kick off.   1.00pm for my son's wedding..........Hmmm ? ................That's a clout on the heid fae the wife for even thinking about it !!!  :cheers

53 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

2.00pm Kick off.   1.00pm for my son's wedding..........Hmmm ? ................That's a clout on the heid fae the wife for even thinking about it !!!  :cheers

Jimmy Mann married nvr thought id see theday:P.....Have a good day ... 

9 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

Can someone please confirm the admission prices for tomorrow's match?

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Any one know if it's a 3pm or 2pm kick off tomorrow and are season tickets still at early bird prices

The match will kick off at 2pm, and Season Tickets will be available for sale at the Trinity Road entrance for an hour before kick-off. Also, those who have completed application forms for the "Free Season Tickets for Schoolchildren" promotion can collect their Season Tickets during this time too. Application Forms will be available for those yet to apply.

Reduced entry prices will apply with adults only £5 and children and concessions £2. The 1983 Hospitality Lounge will not be in operation for this match.

http://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/servlet/BCFCFrontControllerServlet?action=News&page_id=1897&category=2

I am hearing the biscuit tin is nearly shut and money being spent on players is the same budget as last year it was to be cut but that was put on hold, but who knows maybe a good Samaritan will come along and help out. I think a good decision by the committee for Brechin's future to work within the reality of how things are, what would help is if few more Brechiner's would come along and give some support to the team. Mon the City

Archived