Elgin City 2017/18 Season

Waters

Cooper/Mchardy  Bronsky  Allan

McGovern 

Sutherland  Cameron  Reilly  Strapp

Anderson 

I would obviously have Shane in but it  does not look like he will be a viable option this season.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zak Elbouzedi looks a really good signing  and just what we need  although a longer signing period would have been preferable. He is a regular in the ROI under 19s and was in the West Brom Reserve team so he obviously has quality. Should give us width up front as he appears to be mainly a right winger.

I think it would unfair to name any one player for our failings at the back ,as the overall  defending has been poor  this season  but we do  need another quality goalie as back up  and hopefully the new centre half does the business.

I would like to see a  revamped City team for the second half of the campaign who play for 90 minutes and not half the game. There are several city players who appear automatically  but have been off form  this season in too many games and some competition would be good for them and the team overall.

6 hours ago, Elgin Street Badger said:

Zak Elbouzedi looks a really good signing  and just what we need  although a longer signing period would have been preferable. He is a regular in the ROI under 19s and was in the West Brom Reserve team so he obviously has quality. Should give us width up front as he appears to be mainly a right winger.

I think it would unfair to name any one player for our failings at the back ,as the overall  defending has been poor  this season  but we do  need another quality goalie as back up  and hopefully the new centre half does the business.

I would like to see a  revamped City team for the second half of the campaign who play for 90 minutes and not half the game. There are several city players who appear automatically  but have been off form  this season in too many games and some competition would be good for them and the team overall.

Defending starts from the front and we don't have anyone that can make it stick , midfield missing in to many games therefore all back on our defence .  Yes a few errors being made when under pressure for a lot of the game  .  Don't include the  3rd or 4th last week as we were chasing a point and keeping ball alive if winning I am sure they would have defended differently . In my opinion defence is not our biggest area needing help. 

I agree to a point GMB. It is a collective responsibility for all 11 to defend but still too many mistakes from the back 5 for me. We desperately need a forward to hold the ball up. When Sutherland was in his pomp he and Cameron/Reilly were brilliant playing off each other. The midfielders simply don't have that player to hit or play off of at the moment.

I note the supporters bus is still being advertised on the website as not full, I take it that expectations are low on getting a result against the Blue Toon. As it is a Local Derby and all that I thought we could at least muster a full bus but at least they plan to run this one unlike the others that have been cancelled, due to lack of interest.

Travelling up tomorrow from Edinburgh to Peterhead but will have to leave early to catch bus back to Aberdeen but we might all be leaving early if Peterhead repeat their Saturday performance  after their thrashing of Montrose. The omens do look bleak but it  could be an interesting game if Gav puts on the new players and sets out his stall to stop them playing. We need to do a Chrystal Palace on them as the Eagles did against Man City-that is get in about them for 90 minutes and stop them playing their game.

Forever the Optimist :thumsup2

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

How did Lewis Strapp get on at Elgin?  I rate him and have been impressed any time he’s played in the first team considering his age. Hoping he’ll be even better after getting more first team experience. 

Clearly a very good player, both going forward and defensively. Hard to believe he is only just 18.

Archived