Elgin City 2017/18 Season

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, elginite said:

we have signed tony dingwall fae ross county on emergency loan sure hes a midfield player i thought we would be looking more for a defensive player with a few of them having knocks unless hes defensive midfield

According to the Ross County website he is a forward -

http://rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/tony-dingwall-completes-loan-move-to-elgin-city/

Confused as to why the club were trying to generate excitement for the signing as I've literally never heard of him until now.The internet says he's played a massive 4 league games, too.

Is he a midfielder or an attacker? We definitely do not need another striker to sit in the stands while Jordan Allen and Calum Ferguson share 5 minutes of football in each game.

3 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Confused as to why the club were trying to generate excitement for the signing as I've literally never heard of him until now.The internet says he's played a massive 4 league games, too.

Is he a midfielder or an attacker? We definitely do not need another striker to sit in the stands while Jordan Allen and Calum Ferguson share 5 minutes of football in each game.

He's a forward had two spell's with our 19/20s sides as well as Airdrie.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:14, Thom & Gerry said:

Think he is more of a winger. Has a fair bit of first team experience so should be a good signing.

He'll waltz your league.  Great signing for you guys.  Number 10/inside forward/wide right.  He's 3/4 of the way to being a top flight player, but at this point, I'm not sure he'll quite make it.  Easily good enough to be playing in the Championship.  

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hi lads,

I’m working in your neck of the woods this week

Any pub recommendations for Sevco v Aberdeen on Wednesday??

the granary will probably show it or the reopened cooperage they seem to have various sports on on different tvs

We've signed a centre half from Lochee Utd, Aaron Whitehead. He's apparently played with Chris McLeish and Chris Dodd. Good to see we've finally strengthened at the back, although it'll be interesting to see how quickly he finds his feet at our level.

Jamie Reid has gone the opposite way, signing for Lochee. Not a big surprise given the amount of games he's started lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived