Elgin City 2017/18 Season

Wee bit of confusion over the home league opener against Montrose on 5th August.  On the Edinburgh City website it says 7.45pm kick off but on the Montrose website it says 3pm, so somebody's cocked up somewhere. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we did well. Had a few decent spells of play. Allen looked the sort of player we need. All the players did well but was particularly impressed by Bronsky at Centre Back. Still need a Left Back imo. More optimistic about season now.

The whole team played well esp the defence. I thought Smith played well at LB. Allan has that physical presence we missed. Ally Sutherland had his best game in a City shirt. Agree with T&G about being more optimistic about the season ahead.

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Comprehensive but what do you mean by this:

"Elgin had their best season since joining the league when they finished fourth in 2011-12 and reached the playoffs, where they lost to Albion Rovers. Season 2015-16 saw them finish second, but they again lost out in the play-offs. "

I'm not sure what you are asking

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is finishing second not a better season than finishing fourth?

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, when they were fourth, that was the best they had done to that point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

We've signed Lewis Strapp on loan from Morton. Googling him shows he was apparently linked with Swansea in the summer..

We've got high hopes for him. He's only 17/18 but he's looked comfortable (apart from on Tuesday night :lol:) anytime he's played for us. Hope he gets a good experience with Elgin. 

7 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

We've signed Lewis Strapp on loan from Morton. Googling him shows he was apparently linked with Swansea in the summer..

Seriously good young left back prospect.  Needs game time at first team level and league 2 is an ideal place.  I  expect him to establish himself and cruise league two. 

Archived