Elgin City 2017/18 Season

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, afca32 said:

Yesterday was absolutely fucking dreadful. As bad as I've seen.

I have to agree.

Ok, we were against a full-time team (I'm guessing the Pars are) but even still, we produced absolutely no threat. Worrying.

You guys have signed Jordan Allan according to his agent. Powerful striker who was on trial with us earlier this season, and looked decent. He's rapid, works hard but is very, very left footed.

He'll be a good addition though I reckon, I would've been quite happy if we'd handed him a deal based on his trial showings. Held the ball up well, and read play intelligently to grab the winner against Thistle last week.

It's definitely not the Wolves player, it's the former Coleraine one. Wolves signed their Jordan Allan as a 15 year old from Airdrie and he's very highly rated down there. He played for the under 23s a couple of nights back. Usual pish sky sports reporting of Scottish football getting the wrong player.

I always thought he was a decent player, just one of these that bounces around from club to club and only plays a dozen or so games at each.

If he settles down at one club and gets a couple of seasons/ 70 or so appearances under his belt he can only settle and get better. Most Montrose fans seemed to be disappointed he was freed by Hegarty and Holt. However, there was a rumour that he turned up late to the biggest game in our history (the home relegation play off v Brora) and was mystifyingly absent from the team sheet that day.

If that rumour's true then it's no surprise the Jim McLean-era disciplinarians showed him the door.

Archived