ADL Season 17/18

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Teofilio said:

Dean is a good player and a good lad.

His main issues have been staying fit and being able to commit, for various reasons.

If he is there and fit he'll be a big asset to Annbank.

As for the league, I believe if Craigmark beat Whitletts at home that will be enough to all but guarantee them third. Lugar have come on really well but I see them dropping points in the run in. Really hope Ian and the boys at Craigmark can secure that 3rd place, would be an amazing achievement.

It would be a great achievement. However they all have to play each other and in my opinion all the teams in the race for four spots will drop points

46 minutes ago, sweep said:

It would be a great achievement. However they all have to play each other and in my opinion all the teams in the race for four spots will drop points

I agree they will all drop points but even if you and Whitletts win your game in hand over Craigmark the gap will still be 3 points and added to that is Craigmark's vastly superior goal difference which is effectively another point. Muirkirk and Saltcoats improvement means I can't see any thrashings been given out which will eat into that. I see it between yourselves and Whitletts for the 4th spot.

Just saw Lugar's lineup for last weeks games against Ardeer and you have got some quality signings on board which will certainly make it very interesting in the run-in.

i agree a lot of twists and turns to come. If Craigmark or Lugar go up can they sustain been in the league above ?

Well according to sweep, Lugar wont survive in mixed league, so who knows. Wonder what they’ve been aiming for all these years in ADL.

12 hours ago, Ayrshirejuniors said:

i agree a lot of twists and turns to come. If Craigmark or Lugar go up can they sustain been in the league above ?

It’s going to be a similar cost no matter what league we go into now 

and there’s hardly ever an adl team that’s not bank rolled that goes up to the 2nd league and doesn’t struggle  

It’s going to be a similar cost no matter what league we go into now 
and there’s hardly ever an adl team that’s not bank rolled that goes up to the 2nd league and doesn’t struggle  

Aye it’s going to be tough for all of us next season.

As I said previously I believe a few clubs could fold....

Expenditures are going to go up and income down..

Insane imo as ADL was fine as it was ..

Aye it’s going to be tough for all of us next season.

As I said previously I believe a few clubs could fold....

Expenditures are going to go up and income down..

Insane imo as ADL was fine as it was ..

Well said that man.The turkeys have voted for Christmas

It will only take one club to fold then many other’s will follow, Craigmark, Lugar, Muirkirk to name a few have diced with the end and have to be commended for turning things round for the better if not necessarily on it but definitely off the pitch, but if you look at the Ayrshire Amateur leagues, huge history gone in recent years in relation to Clark Drive, Knockentiber & Newmilns Vesuvius so it would naive to think the same won’t befall the junior level

9 hours ago, Cancellara said:

Most contracts in Junior football are not worth the paper they are written on

Was just wondering what happens at the end of the season can managers and players etc just walk away then ? I know in the past players contracts ran out but they still couldn't move unless they were bought ?

2 types of form a player can sign.Either an amateur form which ties the player to the club for one season or a professional form which ties the player to the club for life.A club can sell a player under contract anytime but a player can't move on while contracted.A player can reinstate himself from professional to Amateur but can only do this once in his career. This is to protect the clubs investment in the player.We can't have players jumping about from club to club in a season but invariably it does happen that is why I have said the contract isn't worth the paper it is written on

28 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

2 types of form a player can sign.Either an amateur form which ties the player to the club for one season or a professional form which ties the player to the club for life.A club can sell a player under contract anytime but a player can't move on while contracted.A player can reinstate himself from professional to Amateur but can only do this once in his career. This is to protect the clubs investment in the player.We can't have players jumping about from club to club in a season but invariably it does happen that is why I have said the contract isn't worth the paper it is written on

I'm afraid part of that isn't true. A professional contract only ties the player to the club for the length of the contract, not for life. It used to be the case but, thankfully, getting rid of the reinstatement rule changed this.

I'm afraid part of that isn't true. A professional contract only ties the player to the club for the length of the contract, not for life. It used to be the case but, thankfully, getting rid of the reinstatement rule changed this.

Sorry it's been a while since I dealt with players contracts

Archived