ADL Season 17/18

20 hours ago, ardeerultra said:

I watched the highlights from the saltcoats game, Some terrible defending from irvine vics for the goals but obv didn't impact the result. I think Dalry will be a hard team to beat this year in the Adl.

My predictions

1. AWR v Maybole - Ardrossan -WIN
2. Craigmark v Ardeer - Draw (Hopefully a win)
3. Dalry v Irvine -Draw
4. Lugar v Muirkirk - Draw
5. Whitletts v Annbank - Whitletts win

ADl Predictions

1st - Dalry
2nd - Irvine
3rd - Ardrossan w
4th - Craigmark

West of scotland winners - Ardeer (Obv)

Studying a result grid and who is still to play who i believe George will have a positive effect at Whitletts. This will have a part to play in who achieves promotion.

Whitletts have Dalry to play twice, and to travel to Craigmark and Irvine Vics.

It is difficult to guage Dalry and we will have a clearer picture after Saturdays match against Irvine Vics. They also have to face trips to Craigmark, Whittlets and Irvine Vics as well as Ardeer home and away Ultra. 

A vey interesting league this  season with a couple of additional teams playing their part.

Yes the thread is a bit less active than last year but a lot of the negativity has disappeared. As the season moves forward from the recent poor weather, I think there will be a lot of discussion going forward as the division divides itself into 3 by the season end with an additional play off place as well adding to the intrigue.

Winton has turned a wee corner, but nothing is being taken for granted. Still a lot of hard work and hard games ahead.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I’m bored watching same teams at same grounds every season, and we’ve only been in ADL 4 year since I started watching Whitletts. We play yourselves, Craigmark and Maybole minimum of 3 times between league and Ardagh. Thats 9 games against the same 3 teams in a season of only 28 games if you go out cups at 1st stage. For me thats just too much, so I’m looking forward to visiting new teams and grounds next season regardless of what league we end up in

Ok ... but surely that’s why promotion is in place mate ??

Small clubs with low budgets are going to go to the wall with this reconstruction as expenditure will rise and income will fall ...

At least with local rivalries you get a gate of sorts ..

All about opinions but I think it will be the beginning of the end .. [emoji848][emoji460]️

Small clubs with low budgets are going to go to the wall with this reconstruction as expenditure will rise and income will fall ...

All about opinions but I think it will be the beginning of the end .. [emoji848][emoji460]️

As you say mate, it’s all about opinions. I know some teams might find it hard, but surely at the start of every season the main aim for most ADL clubs must be promotion, which would take them into a west league anyway. Not so long ago Annbank were challenging at the higher end of the Super 1st, so nothing to say you can’t get back there mate. Chances are we could end up in same league anyway, so we’ll end up playing each other another 3 times next season lol

Personally, I’m bored watching same teams at same grounds every season, and we’ve only been in ADL 4 year since I started watching Whitletts. We play yourselves, Craigmark and Maybole minimum of 3 times between league and Ardagh. Thats 9 games against the same 3 teams in a season of only 28 games if you go out cups at 1st stage. For me thats just too much, so I’m looking forward to visiting new teams and grounds next season regardless of what league we end up in

I'll say again then. Be careful with what you wish for.
What's going to happen to you in another 4 years time when you're club's been stuck in the same league and they're playing the same teams season after season?
I remember when the West of Scotland Cup was a big event, second only to the Scottish. Buses were booked, pubs or clubs were contacted about booking in for supporters, in general it was a big day out.
Now it's just another game.

I'll say again then. Be careful with what you wish for.
What's going to happen to you in another 4 years time when you're club's been stuck in the same league and they're playing the same teams season after season?
I remember when the West of Scotland Cup was a big event, second only to the Scottish. Buses were booked, pubs or clubs were contacted about booking in for supporters, in general it was a big day out.
Now it's just another game.

3 up, 3 down means 6 new teams every season. Thats why i loved the Super 1st! You could have 7 different teams playing in that every season. Listen, I’m not knocking anyone that’s against reconstruction, everyone had their own reasons for voting for or against it, but the majority of clubs wanted it

Whitletts have made their 1st signing under George Grierson, Adam Forsyth has signed from Troon. If he gets the goals he got for Annbank in this league we’ve got ourselves a cracking striker

Sadly I totally agree with this post.League reconstruction has never been or ever will be good for Junior football. That's a fact

Sadly I totally agree with this post.League reconstruction has never been or ever will be good for Junior football. That's a fact

Surely the guarantee of 5 extra home league games instead of the current 10 in the ADL is good for clubs. It’s not reconstruction that’s going to be Junior Footballs downfall, its the dinosaurs that runs it that’s pushing clubs to look at other options

Surely the guarantee of 5 extra home league games instead of the current 10 in the ADL is good for clubs. It’s not reconstruction that’s going to be Junior Footballs downfall, its the dinosaurs that runs it that’s pushing clubs to look at other options

Asking clubs to travel even further than they do at present with the expenses that entails is a recipe for destruction. Not viable,never viable. The death knell for the smaller teams in Junior football is getting closer and the accelerant has been proposed

Asking clubs to travel even further than they do at present with the expenses that entails is a recipe for destruction. Not viable,never viable. The death knell for the smaller teams in Junior football is getting closer and the accelerant has been proposed

Annbank were in the super 1st not so long ago and fighting for promotion to the premier for on more than one occasion, they never went to the wall then, so whats changed now?? Only using them as an example. Is the traveling really going to be that big a deal, considering all the North Ayrshire teams have had to travel to Craigmark, Muirkirk, Girvan and Kello in the one season. Muirkirk will arguably have less traveling in the new set up as well

Annbank were in the super 1st not so long ago and fighting for promotion to the premier for on more than one occasion, they never went to the wall then, so whats changed now?? Only using them as an example. Is the traveling really going to be that big a deal, considering all the North Ayrshire teams have had to travel to Craigmark, Muirkirk, Girvan and Kello in the one season. Muirkirk will arguably have less traveling in the new set up as well

Ask any older supporter if they are willing to travel to Glasgow and beyond. The answer is no.It is the older generation who are keeping the Junior game alive.This ludicrous decision alienates them and will be an accelerant to the demise of smaller teams within Junior football. As usual the punters who keep the game going have been disregarded and not consulted.

Annbank have been struggling last few years hence the reason the Ayr utd deal happening as it was saving the club a lot of money. I'm sure ginola could expand on that. If these lesser teams are going to want players to travel a longer distance there going to have to pay them atleast expenses. I think it's a bad idea asking players from the adl and smaller clubs that don't have a huge financial backing to travel long distances. Plus the crowd ain't going to get any bigger. Who's fans are going to travel from Glasgow area to say, Maybole, Craigmark, Lugar etc. Only my opinion but I think it's a bad idea for the smaller clubs.

Very rare to get a big gate in the ADL as it is, so away supports wont get much smaller. Surely with 5 extra home games thats going to boost the coffers. The vote was 4-1 in favour of reconstruction so couldn’t have been many teams against it

1 minute ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Very rare to get a big gate in the ADL as it is, so away supports wont get much smaller. Surely with 5 extra home games thats going to boost the coffers. The vote was 4-1 in favour of reconstruction so couldn’t have been many teams against it

Hard to argue with that logic about gates being small anyway. The travelling distance argument never ceases to amaze me. Either you want to follow your team or not. If you do then you’ll go wherever.

The lack of ambition hurts my eyes on here sometimes.

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Hard to argue with that logic about gates being small anyway. The travelling distance argument never ceases to amaze me. Either you want to follow your team or not. If you do then you’ll go wherever.

The lack of ambition hurts my eyes on here sometimes.

It is not lack of ambition it lack of realism by those who think it is a good idea. Five extra games per year. So say we get weather like we have had this year .How would some teams ever be able to complete their season. Five extra games on parks that cannot cope with the amount of games on them at present. That is O.K for teams with astro or teams whose pitches are looked after by the council. Teams like Whitletts who proposed this. They have no extra work. They pay their rent for the pitch and facilities and walk away. What about Dalry, annbank, Muirkirk and others will their pitches take another five games. I agree with Cancellera It is a recipe for disaster.

Archived