ADL Season 17/18

Just a question, would you rather play us on the small park at KSC or our home park?
Was saying yesterday that junior football shouldnt be allowed to play on a park as small as the one at KSC.

I thought the better surface at KSC would suit yourselves better

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers Beng,for dispelling the myth that the Vics are awash with cash. We have to fight for every penny given our noisy neighbours inflated status in the town. 3 of the 4 preseason signings that the Vics made last year were amateurs and Jamie Anderson left cos we couldn't give him the cash what Dalry were offering.
T

You can scratch Irvine Vics off your list of teams with the biggest budget. I also think you would be surprised what a lot of these other teams pay their players as know that players they have wouldn' play for nothing even though they like to tell everyone that they do.

I’m embarrassed having been told what some of the ardeer players are on!! Unreal getting super 1st wages for players who have been rank rotten this season and giving up. Some on good money and are happy to be bottom of the league! Get them to f**k. Never knew our players where on what they are on. As I said Embarrassing

6 hours ago, tombo said:

Cheers Beng,for dispelling the myth that the Vics are awash with cash. We have to fight for every penny given our noisy neighbours inflated status in the town. 3 of the 4 preseason signings that the Vics made last year were amateurs and Jamie Anderson left cos we couldn't give him the cash what Dalry were offering.

T

Irvine Vics are a fantastic club with a small hard working committee & a great band of supporters. The crazy situation that what all teams face is that the players wages even in the district league are way over inflated.  Jamie Anderson is a cracking player but has a lot of injury problems & it's a big risk for a team to pay a players wages when you know he has a problem that will keep him out.

3 hours ago, Appraisal said:

No stating you guys are “awash with cash” but probably outwith AWR, Vics, Dalry & Whittlets will have the largest player budgets in the league whereas Lugar & Craigmark will be amongst if not thee smallest??

I think you would find that wrong again, you would be surprised if you knew the truth about what budgets each team has & you would be very surprised what a Lugar or Craigmark are paying out.  Proof being Ardeer Ultra post above.  

6 hours ago, VORman said:

In whitletts support the injuries they had last year was unreal. Not getting into a massive thread about this but it was quite horrendous. Loads of first team players out for long term.

Am glad as can’t be doing with excuses!! You’s had a great start last season but threw it all away.

6 hours ago, Beng24310 said:

I think you would find that wrong again, you would be surprised if you knew the truth about what budgets each team has & you would be very surprised what a Lugar or Craigmark are paying out.  Proof being Ardeer Ultra post above.  

Lugar only pay one player who is on loan and Lugar pay his previous contract. No other player at Lugar gets paid. They all received a small present at Christmas. Their team is signed for next year with the average age very low. they have two sixteen year olds  and five seventeen year olds in their squad. They are building

12 hours ago, Bakkali said:

The surface is great, its more the size of the park. Extremely small, cant pass the ball around at all.

How does it work when trying to take entrance money from people at the sports club to watch a junior game

3 hours ago, sweep said:

Lugar only pay one player who is on loan and Lugar pay his previous contract. No other player at Lugar gets paid. They all received a small present at Christmas. Their team is signed for next year with the average age very low. they have two sixteen year olds  and five seventeen year olds in their squad. They are building

That's great for yous, glad to hear it, but i don't think anybody really believes what they read on here so its all irrelevant.

3 hours ago, The chassis said:

How does it work when trying to take entrance money from people at the sports club to watch a junior game

They've put a blue construction sheet (dont know the name) around the fences & locked the gates at the other side.

Am glad we’re not getting into a massive thread about this.

If they threw it away then you must think that they were far superior and had much better players than the other teams. Is this correct? And the fact I understand a huge injury list does not make me a fan.

56 minutes ago, VORman said:

If they threw it away then you must think that they were far superior and had much better players than the other teams. Is this correct? And the fact I understand a huge injury list does not make me a fan.

It sounded as if you were a fan & maybe I don’t understand what a massive injury list is, I hope you can help me out with that? Remember your words are a massive injury list, I hope you don’t tell me that means 3 or 4 players. 

I thought that after their first 7 or 8 results they were sitting in a very good position maybe even their first 9 matches. They had beaten most if not all of them then started losing a lot of points after that.

23 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Dalry v Whitletts is now being played at Dalry and not Kilwinning Sports Club

And Wednesday's v Saltcoats is also now listed as reverting to Merksworth.

Glad I went on Saturday, even if it did nearly cost me my life!

Thanks tombo for sticking up for my neutrality - I just called it as I saw it. The perceived injustice certainly spurred on Dalry's ten men to the victory.

On 13/05/2018 at 16:04, Terry Tibbs said:

Dalry v Whitletts is now being played at Dalry and not Kilwinning Sports Club

I think Dalry need 1 point from 4 remaining games to secure promotion - think they will rest players tonight  for Wednesday game v Saltcoats? or go for it tonight?

6 hours ago, Beng24310 said:

That's great for yous, glad to hear it, but i don't think anybody really believes what they read on here so its all irrelevant.

You said on an earlier post it you would be very surprised to find out what Lugar are paying. Then when you are given the truth of the matter you question if people believe it  and say it is irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, ChinaX said:

I think Dalry need 1 point from 4 remaining games to secure promotion - think they will rest players tonight  for Wednesday game v Saltcoats? or go for it tonight?

Surely they will want to win the league?

Archived