ADL Season 17/18

21 hours ago, ardeerultra said:

Aye seen Dalry on weds they looked good, Will be a good finish to see what happens

I seen them too last Wednesday, Ardeer were the better team for almost an hour and if you go 2-0 up when you hit the bar, you might have went on to win at a canter. However it wasn't to be.

T

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tombo said:

Agree with you TT, they have a great set up,too good to be functioning in the lower tiers, after the reconstruction.

However by all accounts, Slaven's, hands were tied because McLean supposedly blew two seasons worth of player budget on this current squad and he was stuck with them.

A massive gamble which has spectacularly failed if true. And before you ask my source was a former player who is well respected in the game and with no axe to grind.

T

Harsh to Blame McLean for Slaven's failure, the facilities were there for him to add to the squad and he didn't bring anyone in? 

12 hours ago, Reidy7 said:

Dalry will win league, Irvine Vic’s or Craigmark will be 2nd. Both those teams still to head to Station Park, as has Whitletts.

If Craigmark avoid defeat to Whitletts then that will guarantee them automatic promotion IMO.

Mon the CCC!!!!

Hard run in for Craigmark. I can’t see them blowing automatic promotion this season but a lot of work still to be done.  

Having played Dalry and Muirkirk in recent weeks in cup games I’ve a feeling that 4th Place will really struggle against any of the bottom 2 in the Super first... but hope I’m wrong and good luck to whoever it is that’s 4th

Just a pity yous aren’t in bottom two, because id have fancied our chances against yous lot. Im basing that on the fact Petershill took 6 off you without reply, and they couldn’t score against us when we put them out the West

17 hours ago, tombo said:

Agree with you TT, they have a great set up,too good to be functioning in the lower tiers, after the reconstruction.

However by all accounts, Slaven's, hands were tied because McLean supposedly blew two seasons worth of player budget on this current squad and he was stuck with them.

A massive gamble which has spectacularly failed if true. And before you ask my source was a former player who is well respected in the game and with no axe to grind.

T

Tombo, your information is very wrong. I would re-check my sources. LeftRightback comments are far closer to the mark.

2 hours ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Tombo, your information is very wrong. I would re-check my sources. LeftRightback comments are far closer to the mark.

WWR, my post wasn't to have a kick at the Winton, far from it. I was surprised at what I heard and if you read my post I stated if true, then it was a massive gamble that failed. However in fairness to the person I had the conversation with, he is a former player of recent seasons with no axe to grind, who also was surprised at the position of the club.

LRB, I heard that Slaven had to unload before he could recruit new blood, but we could argue that wasn't the case. However whilst both he and McLean are culpable, the real culprits are the players for underachieving this season. The reasons for that known only to them.

T

P.S. I am still optimistic that the Rovers can beat Dalry and keep the title race open.

2 hours ago, tombo said:

LRB, I heard that Slaven had to unload before he could recruit new blood, but we could argue that wasn't the case. However whilst both he and McLean are culpable, the real culprits are the players for underachieving this season. The reasons for that known only to them

He did unload and still couldn't bring in players?  Decided to play himself and we've seen how that turned out! As I stated before does the player/manager include himself as one of the underachievers!  

The same players have beat the league leaders home and away.  Sometimes its not the tools you've got but how good a craftsman you are with them!

If anyone was/is to blame it is the players and in particular those who took early showers. The discipline was poor and a manager no matter how good can stop a player from getting a red card. Ditto a player cant play football when he is in the dressing room

48 minutes ago, wintonfan said:

If anyone was/is to blame it is the players and in particular those who took early showers. The discipline was poor and a manager no matter how good can stop a player from getting a red card. Ditto a player cant play football when he is in the dressing room

A  manager should know when a player has been yellow carded that maybe he should be substituted before a red.  

Also down to the manager if he continually starts any  player who's discipline is questionable and has let the team down too often.

Ditto cant  play football or get sent off when not selected.

The wintons problem is they believe they are already playing a division above them without kicking a ball. With the right man in charge they can be a premier team? Frye, Strain, McLean, Slaven.....All good managers who everyone on here liked to have there say in what the winton “Could” Do. The winton are like England at a national tournament, Tim henman at Wimbledon if you like.

The pressure before a ball is kicked is there to see, Have ambition but be realistic also.

Support your team through thick and thin

11 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Just a pity yous aren’t in bottom two, because id have fancied our chances against yous lot. Im basing that on the fact Petershill took 6 off you without reply, and they couldn’t score against us when we put them out the West

The loonie house awaits 

id be shouting to noddy stop that’s enough for this game show respect to them 

We would beat yous every day of the week 

The loonie house awaits 
id be shouting to noddy stop that’s enough for this game show respect to them 
We would beat yous every day of the week 

I speak to the organ grinder, then the monkey appears ????????‍♂️

13 hours ago, Armchairfan said:

Leftrightback sounds like a player with an axe to grind... both previous managers have done well in previous jobs- whilst that doesn’t guarantee success the players need to take some blame on the chin

No axe to grind and not a player!  There is no doubt the players have to take some of the blame.  My original post was in answer to Tombo who reckoned that McLeans spending "2 seasons Budget" on players meant that Slaven couldn't improve the squad which as results have proved weren't up to the task.  As far as I know the club had provisions available to bring in players but none were added?   I agree with wintonfan that discipline was a problem, but I think that managers can substitute players on a yellow before being sent off, straight red not much you can do to avoid that, also indisciplined players should be dropped, but to do that you need replacements but none were brought in.

Archived