Sign in to follow this  
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Leave him alone - Bohessian collects his pension at a Polmont post office and needs to be careful.

Why would I go to Polmont when I get it delivered by Securicor.

Anyway it's all about the BU's.

Auld yin I've mentioned your spelling before it's Boheesian ie. 1 s 2 e's. 

Third round of the Scottish on Saturday, a visit from one of the West's current top sides and a chance for the BU's to get a morale boosting victory.

It's good to see it will dry up for the match. A soggy wet pitch would have given the Ayrshire team a distinct advantage on account of their players having webbed feet.

Mon the BU's !!!

Normally there is a real buzz around when the Cup is coming up.  But I sense a feeling of foreboding amongst the fans.

A team that has conceded 4 to Haddington & 3 to Broughty in their last 2 games needs to stiffen up considerably at the back.  Are they capable of doing so?

A top team from the West is always a challenge but when we are in our current predicament.......

As always I will be giving full support at the game and hope for the (nearly) impossible.

Normally there is a real buzz around when the Cup is coming up.  But I sense a feeling of foreboding amongst the fans. A team that has conceded 4 to Haddington & 3 to Broughty in their last 2 games needs to stiffen up considerably at the back.  Are they capable of doing so?

A top team from the West is always a challenge but when we are in our current predicament.......

As always I will be giving full support at the game and hope for the (nearly) impossible.

Totally agree.

21/10 Bo'ness 4/1 Kilwinning 4/6

When was the last time you got better than 2/1 at home. 

#McGonigalmuststay

Same sort of odds you got on your wee team Auld *** last season #fail #fail

#McGonigalmuststay

Will Auld Dunderheid have the balls to put his money where his mouth is and put his giro on the Buffs.

#ITSALLABOUTTHEBU!

Peep-Show-Wanker.gif

37 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

A very apt picture - it sums up what most people think of you

Wow! What a retort.

We should all aspire to be as witty as you............................................................................not.

Spoiler

It's all about the BU's!!!!!

'Mon Bo'ness get into these Ayrshire duds, they're only capable of beating diddie teams.;)

Edited by gogsy

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Wow! What a retort.

We should all aspire to be as witty as you............................................................................not.

Reveal hidden contents

It's all about the BU's!!!!!

Awwwwwww that's nice - c'mon the Buffs

23 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

What's the chances of the game being on morra ??

Normally our pitch can handle a lot of rain and with the forecast to be cold and dry would imagine game on.

Would just add our resident weather forecaster - Deanburn Dave - has not been on with his bulletin. 

Hard call to make Boheesian. Top 6 inch of soil is moist and it's all about how cold that ground will get overnight . If it goes to only -1C as forecast for about 5 hours in the wee small hours but goes +1C by 9am then I think it would be OK to play on by KO.

The problem will be what will a ref decide at a pitch inspection when the wind chill will make it feel -4C. If he turns up at 9ish and there's a top crust of frosty grass he may not fancy running about in that biting cauld wind.

So in summary if the ref has big BU balls it's game on. If he has tiny Lithgae Rose size balls he will put it off and be in his house standing in front of a mirror practicing flashing yellow cards.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hard call to make Boheesian. Top 6 inch of soil is moist and it's all about how cold that ground will get overnight . If it goes to only -1C as forecast for about 5 hours in the wee small hours but goes +1C by 9am then I think it would be OK to play on by KO.

The problem will be what will a ref decide at a pitch inspection when the wind chill will make it feel -4C. If he turns up at 9ish and there's a top crust of frosty grass he may not fancy running about in that biting cauld wind.

So in summary if the ref has big BU balls it's game on. If he has tiny Lithgae Rose size balls he will put it off and be in his house standing in front of a mirror practicing flashing yellow cards.

Now now Dave - mind your neighbours are less likely than you to have a game tomorrow and allegedly every pound is a prisoner down your way!! 

If there is much of a frost tonight it's going to be a tough call but if your forecast is right then game on I would hope! 

37 minutes ago, PatP said:

Now now Dave - mind your neighbours are less likely than you to have a game tomorrow and allegedly every pound is a prisoner down your way!! 

If there is much of a frost tonight it's going to be a tough call but if your forecast is right then game on I would hope! 

Sorry Pat but based on the half inch of snow lying in the fields around Kincardine at 5pm and the overnight forecast I predict there is zero chance of the Oakley v Rose game being on.