Sign in to follow this  
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

I love your naivety at what has gone on at your second (or is it third team) over the past half decade or so.  Its delicious.

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Surprised Larry the Lamb hasn't been on suggesting his pal(s) for the job.

As DD says there is no vacancy   and  pals for the job why no  they have won leagues and cups in junior football 

Well as long as we don't go for Max Christie...      Seriously though, shows a lack of ambition that we hold on to the boss despite the horrific first half of the season we've suffered and yet Broxburn get rid of a guy who has his club in mid table.

With a Bo’ness boy and several ex B.U’s that would walk straight into our current team.

I've got to disagree with you to a certain degree. Gibby is not an inexperienced player, far from it. He was away on holiday the week before himself and was on the bench probably rightly so if players in his position trained all week. You would think he would be itching to get on the park, after all he gets paid by the money we bring in through the gate. I will agree that AMcG i personally think has had his time, but you cant undermine the manager at any time. IMO

I don’t disagree with you with the reasons Gibby was on the bench, but the rest is just egotistical, petty pish and IMO poor man-management over a minor indiscretion.

Take him to one side at training, tell him he won’t be stripped at all for the next game and explain why. A fair attitude and good man management also putting the onus on the player to improve his attitude and simmer down until the next chance to play comes up. But no, we get a wee drama queen taking the huff at a fairly long-serving player, who’s been loyal despite knowing he’s not likely to play every week, and horsing the guy out the club just because he once said a bad word.

I love your naivety at what has gone on at your second (or is it third team) over the past half decade or so.  Its delicious.

Thought not.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

You obviously dont

17 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Thought not.

Why would I name them - I know who they are, former players and managers know who they are.

Everyone seems to know who they are but you - watch out snakes bite when they feel threatened. 

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Why would I name them - I know who they are, former players and managers know who they are.

Everyone seems to know who they are but you - watch out snakes bite when they feel threatened. 

Blah blah blah.thats all I am seeing.no names no substance.

Blah blah blah.thats all I am seeing.no names no substance.

Correct. He has a track record of slavering.

99% of Rose supporters know exactly what happened and who was at fault.

Sheep - have a look at junior international query thread. Question about Tubby you maybe able to help with.

DRS with the amount of chips on your shoulder you should open a shop.

The only poster on P&B that makes Larry the Lamb seem credible.

The pair of you insinuate but when challenged can add no substance to their claims.

Here is one fact Prestonfield is a place full of smiles again on and off the pitch.

On 12/11/2017 at 16:02, 8MileBU said:

Just reading AMcGs words in the Journal regarding his reasons for Gibby being transfer listed...

“Scott had the petted lip because he hadn’t been picked to start the game...”

- He doesn’t start many games and has a good attitude, so I don’t see why it would’ve been any different being a sub at Broxburn.

“I asked him to hurry up the third time and he swore back at me. After that he was never going to get on the park and and he will never play another game for Bo’ness. We want him booted out.”

- “We” f**k all. Just you AMcG.

“Booted out”. Get a fucking grip.

“B.b.b.but he swore at me!!” You’re a grown man Alan. Deal with it.

Thanks for the successful seasons but time to stop the rot.
AMcG - GTF!

I reckon your manager is spot on, swear at the manager and your gone. 

Anybody up for a game at Fives on a Saturday, that's if anybody has five player's left. 

I reckon your manager is spot on, swear at the manager and your gone. 
Anybody up for a game at Fives on a Saturday, that's if anybody has five player's left. 

Well we’ll agree to disagree. I think players who’ve been there a while should be punished, but also given the chance to prove it was a one-off, albeit I do admit I don’t know if this is his first indiscretion.

Can’t make our game on Saturday so going to take my son along to Bo’ness.

Having read the last page or 2, this does sound so trivial, but he is 6 years old and collects Pin Badges from every ground he visits. Do your club sell them?

5 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Can’t make our game on Saturday so going to take my son along to Bo’ness.

Having read the last page or 2, this does sound so trivial, but he is 6 years old and collects Pin Badges from every ground he visits. Do your club sell them?

BB - were you looking for these at Linlithgow last season?  I had some available recently but they sold out very quickly. PM me on here so I remember the next time we get some (soon I hope).

BB - were you looking for these at Linlithgow last season?  I had some available recently but they sold out very quickly. PM me on here so I remember the next time we get some (soon I hope).

Hi HTG, that’s right, I was. We were at the Scottish Cup game last season......funny story but I emailed Linlithgow over the weekend about this because my son happened to tell me on Friday night that he had started writing his list to Santa and it should be finished soon. I asked him what was on it and the first thing he said was “a Linlithgow Rose badge” I told him that I had tried but it looks like they don’t sell them.....to which he replied “it’s ok Daddy, Santa’s elves will make it for me” haha

I will do if that’s ok with you, it would be very much appreciated

No player should undermine his manager but its usually a sign that things aren't going well in the dressing-room.  AMCG is lucky if he has much respect left.  Just cast your minds back to the time, 2 years ago, when he announced everyone was on the transfer list.  He has a hot head and doesn't take any form of advice, seeing it as criticism of himself.

Maybe if he showed a bit more commitment, the players would too.