Sign in to follow this  
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

And if the Wee Rose decide to go EOS, is there even one team that’ll bring more than a couple of dozen folk through to Bo’ness?? I’m somewhere between dumbfounded, raging but not at all surprised.

They won't go, they're as backward as BU.   

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

And if the Wee Rose decide to go EOS, is there even one team that’ll bring more than a couple of dozen folk through to Bo’ness?? I’m somewhere between dumbfounded, raging but not at all surprised.

I think the fact that Bo'ness are staying virtually guarantees that Linlithgow will stay as well.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

My feelings exactly. 

Was there any "new" information offered at the meeting that would support us staying in the East Superleague next season i.e. promises from TJ or was it just a presentation of the previously stated facts and there was no appetite for a potentially divisive vote.

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

Was there any "new" information offered at the meeting that would support us staying in the East Superleague next season i.e. promises from TJ or was it just a presentation of the previously stated facts and there was no appetite for a potentially divisive vote.

Check the Eos league thread.  Its being discussed there.

Just a question. Are you guys not members ?? 

1 hour ago, Aggy Doo said:

i was in attendance at the meeting

And what was your thoughts if you were there Aggy Doo ? 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Nope. Don’t even know how you become one.

speak to any committee member and pay a fiver

Nae doubt there would be a sudden change of heart if Lithgae were to announce an application... Not that that looks like happening either. 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Not particularly fussed right now to be honest.

If your preferred option was to join the EOS you should become a member it`s the only way to have your say , if enough people become members that are in favor of joining the EOS  they will have to listen 

Bo`ness are putting a deferred application into the EOS

28 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Check the Eos league thread.  Its being discussed there.

50 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

16 May 2018

To : All Clubs; Regional Secretaries, Management Committee.

Dear Sir / Madam

Given the conjecture following the recent meeting of the Pyramid Working Group, I thought it would be helpful to clarify the purpose of the meeting and what happens next.

The meeting was convened following a SFA Board Meeting on 21 April, where the Board agreed that the SFA should lead and facilitate a meeting which would allow the Juniors to be integrated into the Pyramid system.  The Group would be led by the SFA President.

Present at the Group meeting were representatives of the SFA, SJFA, EOS and LL with Highland League and SOS joining by conference call.

Discussion took place on how integration would work in terms of Registrations, Discipline and Fixture Lists in particular.  We were unable to resolve all the issues at the meeting however it was agreed that the SFA Board be appraised of the progress at their next meeting in June.  N.B. None of the issues raised appeared insurmountable.

The Chairman decided that a “straw poll” be taken regarding the Junior involvement in the Pyramid which was: 

EOS     – No.  However they did suggest that they had no objection to the West joining at Tier 6
SJFA      - Yes.
SOS    - Yes.
HL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.
LL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.

Further discussions took place regarding the Juniors entering a joint East / West combined Superleague in the Pyramid.

The SJFA Secretary advised he would contact the SFA Board requesting a decision at their meeting in June.

Yours faithfully

T.A. Johnston
T.A. Johnston
SECRETARY

The info in that letter on the PWG meeting is a wee bit different from what Burnie_man was peddling on here and if accurate I can see why it would sway people. If Burnie_man's version of events was closer to what really happened then this letter has just delayed the inevitable by 12 months, if Tom Johnston's version is more accurate then junior pyramid entry in 2019/20 is looking likely. Time will tell.

Just now, Aggy Doo said:

Bo`ness are putting a deferred application into the EOS

That's a wee bit different from the spin you were putting on things earlier of staying junior for the forseeable future. Only problem is that not going now means that could mean entry at tier 7 or 8.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The info in that letter on the PWG meeting is a wee bit different from what Burnie_man was peddling on here and if accurate I can see why it would sway people. If Burnie_man's version of events was closer to what really happened then this letter has just delayed the inevitable by 12 months, if Tom Johnston's version is more accurate then junior pyramid entry in 2019/20 is looking likely. Time will tell.

As ever I'm happy to trust the source of my info, which is rather different from what TJ is spinning. 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That's a wee bit different from the spin you were putting on things earlier of staying junior for the forseeable future. Only problem is that not going now means that could mean entry at tier 7 or 8.

They will be staying junior for the forseeable future as that is the preferred option

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

**** me :lol:

9 minutes ago, Aggy Doo said:

They will be staying junior for the forseeable future as that is the preferred option

But if a deferred application is being put in the posture appears to be similar to Dundonald Bluebell's at this point? Giving the collective junior entry to the pyramid thing a chance to happen but getting the paperwork in early to be at the front of the queue into the EoS if it doesn't.