Sign in to follow this  
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

Deanburn, Both Bo'ness and Linlithgow should have applied this year,  it became obvious a few months ago that this was the future route of any big East Junior clubs. 

Both clubs have long standing committee set in their ways.

Whilst they both have a lot of commendable attributes - forward thinking clearly isn't to the fore.

A missed opportunity

Both clubs have long standing committee set in their ways.

Whilst they both have a lot of commendable attributes - forward thinking clearly isn't to the fore.

A missed opportunity

Missed opportunity for both clubs, lesser clubs there first can begin now to set the agenda!

Cut and pasted from the BU webste:-

Pyramid System Consultation
Bo'ness United will be in attendance at the East Region meeting next midweek. There will be in attendance Sjfa board members who will update the East Region club delegates on future plans regarding integrating the Juniors into the pyramid system. Once we have received any information, we will seek to consult our club members to discuss how the club moves forward. 

Looks like a missed opportunity for both but Linlithgow will sit the better of the 2 big guns with their licence and automatic Scottish Cup entry each year.

Boness could have got ahead of Linlithgow but now you have to fear it could set them back years, they could be in tier 8 or 9 and other clubs will be Licenced before them.

Players gravititating to the LL and EOS with a better structure and finances available to clubs in the  LL and EOS. Linlithgow have the comfort blanket of their SFA Licence that might help them rise through the tiers.

Edited by kefc

Missed opportunity for both clubs, lesser clubs there first can begin now to set the agenda!

Pretty disappointed we didn’t apply. Struggle to think of a single good reason to stay Junior these days, and as you say, ‘lesser clubs’ will get there first and find their feet.

Looks like a missed opportunity for both but Linlithgow will sit the better of the 2 big guns with their licence and automatic Scottish Cup entry each year. Boness could have got ahead of Linlithgow but now you have to fear it could set them back years, they could be in tier 8 or 9 and other clubs will be Licenced before them.

Players gravititating to the LL and EOS with a better structure and finances available to clubs in the  LL and EOS. Linlithgow have the comfort blanket of their SFA Licence that might help them rise through the tiers.

This 100%.

However, with so many Junior sides looking to move and be able to compete in the big Scottish as part of the pyramid, it’s maybe time now that Linlithgow’s license was revoked.

Seriously what is wrong with the juniors ? 

It’s dying on its arse! The quality has dropped, attendances are down across the board, prize money in the league and cups isn’t great and the majority of clubs are constantly counting the pennies.

53 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Pretty disappointed we didn’t apply. Struggle to think of a single good reason to stay Junior these days, and as you say, ‘lesser clubs’ will get there first and find their feet.

This 100%.

However, with so many Junior sides looking to move and be able to compete in the big Scottish as part of the pyramid, it’s maybe time now that Linlithgow’s license was revoked.

Why would it be revoked.the rose worked to the guidelines to achieve the licence.ground improvements etc set out by the sfa.

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s dying on its arse! The quality has dropped, attendances are down across the board, prize money in the league and cups isn’t great and the majority of clubs are constantly counting the pennies.

Do you think moving leagues is going to make a difference to crowds 

Why would it be revoked.the rose worked to the guidelines to achieve the licence.ground improvements etc set out by the sfa.

Do you think moving leagues is going to make a difference to crowds 

Yes. Competing in the big Scottish has proven to boost our gates significantly in the past, and even more so when we’ve had a decent run.

I also think on the league front there’s potential as well. We already know from experience that Kelty and Bonnyrigg carry a decent support, and even if it’s just been the odd couple of games we’ve lost out on, we’re still worse off not having the likes of Kelty’s support coming over and paying their gate money.

I think natural curiosity will also play a part as there’s potential for gates to increase as some of our stay-away supporters or new supporters may want to “check out this new league Bo’ness are in”.

There might also be the chance we could ‘do a Kelty’ and hit the ground running. Some of the teams in the EOS might be pretty poor, but I don’t think demolishing the likes of Eyemouth or Ormiston 12-0 has done Kelty’s gates any harm.

Whatever way I look at it I keep finding myself concluding that we’d be better off having tried and failed as opposed to not having tried at all.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

emoji1.png

Yes. Competing in the big Scottish has proven to boost our gates significantly in the past, and even more so when we’ve had a decent run.

I also think on the league front there’s potential as well. We already know from experience that Kelty and Bonnyrigg carry a decent support, whilst I think natural curiosity will play a part as there’s potential for gates to increase as some of our stay-away supporters or new supporters may might want to check out this ‘new league Bo’ness are in’. There might even be the chance we could ‘do a Kelty’ and hit the ground running. Some of the teams in the EOS might be pretty poor, but I don’t think demolishing the likes of Eyemouth or Ormiston 12-0 has done Kelty’s gates any harm.

Remember just going to EOS does not gain you entry to the big scottish you need to be licensed as well 
so the likes of Camelon or Bonnyrigg if they move wont automatically walk into the big scottish every year 

33 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Unfortunately I  have to agree with you. When only a few hundred turn up for a sixth round Scottish tie (even allowing for the weather) then there is a problem.

Whether this pyramid system is the answer, who really knows? I would certainly not panic and join as has been suggested by some. It will probably be a bit of a novelty to begin with but can't see it improving attendances.

4 minutes ago, roseyposey said:
10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Remember just going to EOS does not gain you entry to the big scottish you need to be licensed as well 

Correct, but you can't get your licence without joining the EoS - plus in the meantime you can qualify for the big Scottish by either winning the EoS, or a cup competition for non-SFA members.

Kelty haven’t beat Ormiston 12-0.

FFS...

source.gif

The actual score was hardly the point I was making.

Remember just going to EOS does not gain you entry to the big scottish you need to be licensed as well  so the likes of Camelon or Bonnyrigg if they move wont automatically walk into the big scottish every year 

I know mate, but we are at least aware there are steps to take and are working on this process.

5 minutes ago, roseyposey said:

so the likes of Camelon or Bonnyrigg if they move wont automatically walk into the big scottish every year 

Clubs you have mentioned will be working on what needs to be done to get their licence, I will bet both will have it in place for start of 19/20 season,

24 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Clubs you have mentioned will be working on what needs to be done to get their licence, I will bet both will have it in place for start of 19/20 season,

We will have to wait and see on that one..... for all the clubs who go.... For some its going to take a LOT of work and money to get grounds up to scratch and to meet all the other
background policies......  Lots of work ahead for some. 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

and you get fixtures week by week !....

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

So was that on any conditions? How long does the licence last for?

To be honest I dont think any club should compete in both the wee and big Scottish - either or imho.