• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

48 minutes ago, Legless said:

Sorry I don’t have his name, but did hear that he was training on Monday and looks decent.
New coach also in, Keith Hogg ex Linlithgow and Bathgate Thistle player, previous Kilsyth manager.

Left back Ryan Hoggan from Alloa, can also play centre half or holding midfielder. Quality player, sweet left foot, destined for senior career. Excellent addition, only 19, will get better with every game. Down side is if he does well and stays fit he will be back in the first team at Alloa. Hopefully a run in the Scottish will keep him at the BUs until June.

On 05/12/2017 at 22:30, Bo'ness United said:

This community Hub should have been situated by the Recreation Centre / high school. 

Plenty of parking spaces, indoor facilities & would create investment to the current community facilities.

Newtown Park is a shite hole and this hasn't happened over night.

But we have Arseholes at bo'ness  who don't think we need facilities such as toilets so why bother

7 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Hoggy's mother will be black affronted at this move - (good to see Keith back in the game - hopefully a stepping stone to a bigger club)

One place he will not be welcome is Duncansfield. Left us in a big hole by failing to make any signings to replace the players who either left or retired at the end of last season then resigning only a few games in to the new season.

I'm afraid I just didn't rate him as a manager in any case, somehow managed to avoid promotion when it looked a virtual certainty at the beginning of April.  Failure to have a squad to cover for injuries, etc. He was still naming himself as a sub, and quite often coming on after almost three years as manager. He went with our best wishes but turns round and snaffles a player who had already agreed to return to us (Prentice) from under our nose. However I suppose dirty tricks are just part of the game nowadays. 

One place he will not be welcome is Duncansfield. Left us in a big hole by failing to make any signings to replace the players who either left or retired at the end of last season then resigning only a few games in to the new season.
I'm afraid I just didn't rate him as a manager in any case, somehow managed to avoid promotion when it looked a virtual certainty at the beginning of April.  Failure to have a squad to cover for injuries, etc. He was still naming himself as a sub, and quite often coming on after almost three years as manager. He went with our best wishes but turns round and snaffles a player who had already agreed to return to us (Prentice) from under our nose. However I suppose dirty tricks are just part of the game nowadays. 

Oh well

Spoiler
8 hours ago, ItsUnited said:

Left back Ryan Hoggan from Alloa, can also play centre half or holding midfielder. Quality player, sweet left foot, destined for senior career. Excellent addition, only 19, will get better with every game. Down side is if he does well and stays fit he will be back in the first team at Alloa. Hopefully a run in the Scottish will keep him at the BUs until June.

I'm pleased to see it looks like we've got a decent one there.

After today's shock signing of Rico Quitongo by Hearts, I was worried we'd sign Devine again.

Oh well

Spoiler  

After today's shock signing of Rico Quitongo by Hearts, I was worried we'd sign Devine again.

That is a surprise.

After today's shock signing of Rico Quitongo by Hearts

Rico never looked good enough for the BU's ..........and now he is at the Hearts.
#Shockmaroony.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He wouldn't come back all the big mirrors have been taken down.8)

14 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Garrellburn, sounds like jealousy getting better of you m8!! Players make decisions on which clubs they join, so maybe the player wanted to keep playing in top league and fancied a change of scenery with playing in the East.

Didn't Hoggy take your club from being a team fighting relegation to a team fighting promotion within 3 seasons??.........injuries happen at all clubs, but were you not punching about your weight with the small budget your club has compared to the other bigger teams in your league. Reality check here, as players don't play for nothing these days and unless clubs are willing to spend decent money due to the upturn in big clubs paying silly money to players, it's push the average players into top earners at some clubs. I've play junior and yes, I know Hoggy, so I know what happens at your club and certain other clubs, but to come on and spout pure nonsense like that, makes you a bitter old man who leads a lonely life as a keyboard warrior.

I hope Hoggy does well along with Kegs and Shirra at Boness, coz good honest guys are hard to find in the game these days.

5 hours ago, Football Junky said:

Garrellburn, sounds like jealousy getting better of you m8!! Players make decisions on which clubs they join, so maybe the player wanted to keep playing in top league and fancied a change of scenery with playing in the East.

Didn't Hoggy take your club from being a team fighting relegation to a team fighting promotion within 3 seasons??.........injuries happen at all clubs, but were you not punching about your weight with the small budget your club has compared to the other bigger teams in your league. Reality check here, as players don't play for nothing these days and unless clubs are willing to spend decent money due to the upturn in big clubs paying silly money to players, it's push the average players into top earners at some clubs. I've play junior and yes, I know Hoggy, so I know what happens at your club and certain other clubs, but to come on and spout pure nonsense like that, makes you a bitter old man who leads a lonely life as a keyboard warrior.

I hope Hoggy does well along with Kegs and Shirra at Boness, coz good honest guys are hard to find in the game these days.

Disapointment rather than jealousy, I know its part of the game and Hoggy really owes no more loyalty to a former club than any other manager who moves on, but along with quite a few others at Kilsyth we felt that he could have done better with the squad at his disposal.  If he felt it was time to move on he should have made the decision at the close of last season rather than do nothing and walk away a couple of weeks in with no signings t o replace the ones who had left. Our budget may be smaller than some others, but we have NEVER renaged on paying our players what they are due unlike some who splash the cash and then don't pay what they have contracted to do.

46 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Disapointment rather than jealousy, I know its part of the game and Hoggy really owes no more loyalty to a former club than any other manager who moves on, but along with quite a few others at Kilsyth we felt that he could have done better with the squad at his disposal.  If he felt it was time to move on he should have made the decision at the close of last season rather than do nothing and walk away a couple of weeks in with no signings t o replace the ones who had left. Our budget may be smaller than some others, but we have NEVER renaged on paying our players what they are due unlike some who splash the cash and then don't pay what they have contracted to do.

yousa had the fire aswell which was one of the things I was surprised about when he left.

45 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

yousa had the fire aswell which was one of the things I was surprised about when he left.

:jerry :o

Make no bones about, it he left us on our arse!! That's why he left. No structured preseason no signings no clue without his side kick McBride . Writing was on the wall when he packed it in.Goes on to blame lack if budget and talking of taking the team as far as he could !! Same league you found it in would be that answer. The most challenging circumstances in the club's history, after the fire and he was gone before the smell of it!

Make no bones about, it he left us on our arse!! That's why he left. No structured preseason no signings no clue without his side kick McBride . Writing was on the wall when he packed it in.Goes on to blame lack if budget and talking of taking the team as far as he could !! Same league you found it in would be that answer. The most challenging circumstances in the club's history, after the fire and he was gone before the smell of it!

Oh well

Doesn't a manager get judged on results?? Must've done a good job for Kilsyth, as we're you not fighting relegation for a few seasons before he took charge??
Yes, you are still in same league when Hoggy took over, but they're is no denying the fact he improved league position season after season!!
Anyway, he's now moved on to bigger & better things at Bo'ness & good luck to him!!

3 hours ago, John S said:

Ryan Hoggan - son of Kevin?

2 hours ago, Scuzz said:
3 hours ago, John S said:
Ryan Hoggan - son of Kevin?

Yes.

I am scunnered................I thought he was the son of Hulk Hoggan

hulk hogan BU.png

Doesn't a manager get judged on results?? Must've done a good job for Kilsyth, as we're you not fighting relegation for a few seasons before he took charge??
Yes, you are still in same league when Hoggy took over, but they're is no denying the fact he improved league position season after season!!
Anyway, he's now moved on to bigger & better things at Bo'ness & good luck to him!!
Bigger and better??? Manager to coaching staff at Boness!! Don't think so Hoggy!!.

From the Unofficial BU website:-

Stevie Kerrigan started his programme to organise a team to help the BU get away from the danger area in the league and bolster his Scottish hopes  Local media is reporting that Nicky Prentice has joined the club from Pollok but is cup tied. On loan until the end of the season local lad Ryan Stevenson a midfielder from Raith Rovers.  Ryan Hogan comes in to strengthen the left back position from Alloa Athletic. Also completing a deal to keep Marc Kelly until the end of the season

Two tweets from the Rutherglen Glencairn Twitter page at 3pm today :-     (tweet 1)  A pitch inspection has been called for 9am on Saturday morning ahead of our Scottish Junior Cup tie against Bo'ness United. At present the pitch is playable, however there is heavy overnight rain forecast.         (tweet 2)  The club has a reservation on a pitch at Glasgow Green for 12pm for any of our teams to use in the event of a postponement tomorrow. If the cup tie is postponed, the 1st team will take up this booking and the first club to contact us will provide the opposition for a friendly.

Looking at the weather forecast it should be OK overnight but it will be raining heavily in Rutherglen 6am to 9am tomorrow morning.    As the ground is probably already saturated I am guessing there will be puddles on the pitch when the inspection by the referee takes place at 9am.    Not looking good.     

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

From the Unofficial BU website:-

Stevie Kerrigan started his programme to organise a team to help the BU get away from the danger area in the league and bolster his Scottish hopes  Local media is reporting that Nicky Prentice has joined the club from Pollok but is cup tied. On loan until the end of the season local lad Ryan Stevenson a midfielder from Raith Rovers.  Ryan Hogan comes in to strengthen the left back position from Alloa Athletic. Also completing a deal to keep Marc Kelly until the end of the season

Two tweets from the Rutherglen Glencairn Twitter page at 3pm today :-     (tweet 1)  A pitch inspection has been called for 9am on Saturday morning ahead of our Scottish Junior Cup tie against Bo'ness United. At present the pitch is playable, however there is heavy overnight rain forecast.         (tweet 2)  The club has a reservation on a pitch at Glasgow Green for 12pm for any of our teams to use in the event of a postponement tomorrow. If the cup tie is postponed, the 1st team will take up this booking and the first club to contact us will provide the opposition for a friendly.

Looking at the weather forecast it should be OK overnight but it will be raining heavily in Rutherglen 6am to 9am tomorrow morning.    As the ground is probably already saturated I am guessing there will be puddles on the pitch when the inspection by the referee takes place at 9am.    Not looking good.     

Why cant they move your game to glasgow green.if their pitch isnt upto it.