• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

58 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

So in summing up you are looking to everyone except yourselves to fund this.

For such (allegedly) well supported team you have had every opportunity over the years to develop or plan ahead. But the harsh reality the money has clearly been wasted.

This project has nothing to with Bo'ness United. However, the club has spent money on the removal of the old grandstand and re-roofing the bottom half - was told around 23K. 

As you seem to have problem understanding maybe the large print can help NEWTOWN PARK IS NOT THE PROPERTY OF BO'NESS UNITED. 

You just don't understand how this fairly simple arrangement works Auld Dunderheid. People have done their best to explain it but it's just not sinking in.

Perhaps the Newtown Park Association should produce a "For dummies" guide to assist you.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

For such (allegedly) well supported team you have had every opportunity over the years to develop or plan ahead. But the harsh reality the money has clearly been wasted.

Agreed! 

This community Hub should have been situated by the Recreation Centre / high school. 

Plenty of parking spaces, indoor facilities & would create investment to the current community facilities.

Newtown Park is a shite hole and this hasn't happened over night.

But we have Arseholes at bo'ness  who don't think we need facilities such as toilets so why bother

9 hours ago, boheesian said:

This project has nothing to with Bo'ness United. However, the club has spent money on the removal of the old grandstand and re-roofing the bottom half - was told around 23K. 

As you seem to have problem understanding maybe the large print can help NEWTOWN PARK IS NOT THE PROPERTY OF BO'NESS UNITED. 

You are repeating yourself - I know Newtown Park is not the property of Bo'ness Utd.  

You have confirmed what I alluded to that you are basically squatters looking for handouts from others whilst contributing nothing.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

You just don't understand how this fairly simple arrangement works Auld Dunderheid. People have done their best to explain it but it's just not sinking in.

Perhaps the Newtown Park Association should produce a "For dummies" guide to assist you.

It certainly is a fairly simple arrangement - NPA do all the work and Bo'ness Utd sit back and contribute nothing.  Hardly a great deal for the majority of the Bo'ness people.   A community hub surely is for all the community to benefit - not just Bo'ness Utd.

Since 1972 - your local neighbours, have built a successful Social Club, installed new terracing, numerous ground improvements, built a 310 seater stand, installed and updated floodlights, gained membership of the SFA, won numerous trophies, league titles and 3 Scottish Cups.

In the same time, you have shut a club, demolished a stand, won a couple of trophies, a few leagues and  2 Scottish Cups.  The only noticeable recent improvement I can see is the new doocots installed for hospitality.

In years gone bye you had great Junior men in Tiger Mitchell and Geordie Simpson who done loads - maybe you need to ask where has it all gone wrong?

Edited by Auld Heid

It certainly is a fairly simple arrangement - NPA do all the work and Bo'ness Utd sit back and contribute nothing.  Hardly a great deal for the majority of the Bo'ness people.   A community hub surely is for all the community to benefit - not just Bo'ness Utd.
Since 1972 - your local neighbours, have built a successful Social Club, installed new terracing, numerous ground improvements, built a 310 seater stand, installed and updated floodlights, gained membership of the SFA, won numerous trophies, league titles and 3 Scottish Cups.
In the same time, you have shut a club, demolished a stand, won a couple of trophies, a few leagues and  2 Scottish Cups.  The only noticeable recent improvement I can see is the new doocots installed for hospitality.
In years gone bye you had great Junior men in Tiger Mitchell and Geordie Simpson who done loads - maybe you need to ask where has it all gone wrong?

Which makes it all the more baffling and difficult to understand why you’ve spent the last few days on our thread, really, really wound up and bothered about what Bo’ness are or aren’t doing.

I don’t think any more long, drooling posts are required from you though. They’d have effectively been summed by just typing IT’S ALL ABOUT THE B.U!

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Which makes it all the more baffling and difficult to understand why you’ve spent the last few days on our thread, really, really wound up and bothered about what Bo’ness are or aren’t doing.

I don’t think any more long, drooling posts are required from you though. They’d have effectively been summed by just typing IT’S ALL ABOUT THE B.U!

More deflection

5 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

You are repeating yourself - I know Newtown Park is not the property of Bo'ness Utd.  

You have confirmed what I alluded to that you are basically squatters looking for handouts from others whilst contributing nothing.

You forgot the new covered area for disabled persons going up in the new year.if the application gets approval.

Edited by lithgierose

This community Hub should have been situated by the Recreation Centre / high school. 

Plenty of parking spaces, indoor facilities & would create investment to the current community facilities.
Newtown Park is a shite hole and this hasn't happened over night.
But we have Arseholes at bo'ness  who don't think we need facilities such as toilets so why bother

Quick question and not intended to be controversial, but ....

Let's assume that the hub goes ahead, we have been told repeatedly that the club will NOT own it so will Bo'ness then require to rent this for matches as it won't belong to them and presumably need to be self financing?

This then raises the problem of block bookings and in spring when two or three games are scheduled per week who would take precedent on using the pitch? A community team who have a block booking on it 45 weeks of the year or Bo'ness who are assigned a fixture at no notice?

Just a thought.

Sorry should have added that I hope that if that is the case and you haven't considered it before now then you will now as only trying to be helpful and not as 8ballBU likes to think.

The hub would appear to be the only hope of Bo'ness being able to move forward so it's a big deal for you I would imagine.

Sorry should have added that I hope that if that is the case and you haven't considered it before now then you will now as only trying to be helpful and not as 8ballBU likes to think.

The hub would appear to be the only hope of Bo'ness being able to move forward so it's a big deal for you I would imagine.

On the contrary. I only think you Rose boys are slavering fuds 90% of the time. I’ve never doubted you all have it in you to be helpful and informative though.But what can’t be denied is that IT’S ALL ABOUT THE B.U!

2 hours ago, Specky said:

Let's assume that the hub goes ahead, we have been told repeatedly that the club will NOT own it so will Bo'ness then require to rent this for matches as it won't belong to them and presumably need to be self financing?

This then raises the problem of block bookings and in spring when two or three games are scheduled per week who would take precedent on using the pitch? A community team who have a block booking on it 45 weeks of the year or Bo'ness who are assigned a fixture at no notice?

Just a thought.

There is a similar model at Broxburn and Spartans - seems to work.

Edinburgh City are at Ainslie Park just now as well which must complicate things further.  I think the training is all block booked but if a fixture appears for the 1st team they take priority.

Edited by Che Dail

There is a similar model at Broxburn and Spartans - seems to work.
Edinburgh City are at Ainslie Park just now as well which must complicate things further.  I think the training is all block booked but if a fixture appears for the 1st team they take priority.

Bo'ness have no attachment or call over Newtown Park - as old Freddie keeps saying it's the NPA who will run it.

#Homeless

41 minutes ago, Specky said:

But don't Broxburn and Spartans own their ground tho?

I believe West Lothian Council owns the land at Albyn and BUSC (charity) has a long lease.

At Spartans I think CEC is the owner and Spartans Community Football Academy (charity) is the tenant. 

Community Interest / JV approach makes funding from external sources possible. 

Edited by Che Dail

10 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Bo'ness have no attachment or call over Newtown Park - as old Freddie keeps saying it's the NPA who will run it.

#Homeless

WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!

In the context of football clubs operating at this level, land and property 'ownership' is overrated.  The Bo'ness approach seems to be the way forward to get the necessary improvements done, and the facility is held in the Community Interest for the benefit of everyone in the town.

4 hours ago, Specky said:

Just a thought.

Good question. .. although I am not in favour and hope this doesn't go ahead.

I don't think the current park has enough parking spaces and would increase traffic next to a school not to mention noise and light pollution.

Good question. .. although I am not in favour and hope this doesn't go ahead.
I don't think the current park has enough parking spaces and would increase traffic next to a school not to mention noise and light pollution.

Exactly the same situation at Kelty but I can’t say I’ve heard of any grumbles.