• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

On 12/3/2017 at 19:34, Jambo'ness said:

Better wrap up warm, it is freezing up there at the best of times.  

Current top temperature forecast for Saturday in banjo country is +1C but it will feel -3C with the windchill.     Great excuse for you getting in the soup and stovies.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Current top temperature forecast for Saturday in banjo country is +1C but it will feel -3C with the windchill.     Great excuse for you getting in the soup and stovies.

Dave, when have I ever needed an excuse?

Jambo,

As everyone knows there's loads of different opinions on what goes in to "stovies".       What "stovies" camp are you in ?  

(a) square sausage

(b) link sausage

(c) left over roast beef

(d) minced beef

(e) corned beef   

(f) other........

For me it just has to be square sausage  in my stovies.         

(..................and corned beef in stovies is a trick answer because as everyone knows that is Corned Beef Hash.  Anyone who tries to say otherwise is a total numpty) 

12 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Jambo,

As everyone knows there's loads of different opinions on what goes in to "stovies".       What "stovies" camp are you in ?  

(a) square sausage

(b) link sausage

(c) left over roast beef

(d) minced beef

(e) corned beef   

(f) other........

For me it just has to be square sausage  in my stovies.         

(..................and corned beef in stovies is a trick answer because as everyone knows that is Corned Beef Hash.  Anyone who tries to say otherwise is a total numpty) 

I like to live on the edge so it has to be.................... g) everything

10 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Leftovers or mince for real stovies 

When you guys joining EOS come join the party :-)

We need to wait until we have put a decent team together and got our facilities upgraded.  Certainly wouldn't think it will be next year.  But the day is coming....

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

We need to wait until we have put a decent team together and got our facilities upgraded.  Certainly wouldn't think it will be next year.  But the day is coming....

There have been very little noticeable ground improvements  - a new portacabin (which has seen better days).  No covering for away supporters and terracing which is a tad dangerous.

Realistically you are a long way from being in a position to move.

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

There have been very little noticeable ground improvements  - a new portacabin (which has seen better days).  No covering for away supporters and terracing which is a tad dangerous.

Realistically you are a long way from being in a position to move.

The Football Club don't own the ground. All future deveopment will be overseen by the NPA ie The Hub and the new pitch. 

The extra portacabin was brought in to give extra space for match day hospitality.

Of course you have been told the first part repeatedly but you seem to have the inability to retain the knowledge. Evidently symptons of early memory loss.

The Football Club don't own the ground. All future deveopment will be overseen by the NPA ie The Hub and the new pitch. 
The extra portacabin was brought in to give extra space for match day hospitality.
Of course you have been told the first part repeatedly but you seem to have the inability to retain the knowledge. Evidently symptons of early memory loss.

Well your NPA landlords are selling you short.

6 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Serious ? Who would decide if boness would move.committee ?.what I have heard since this all started,the rose wont be joining any league going by what members say.as it would be a vote and not just a committee decision.

23 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Serious ? Who would decide if boness would move.committee ?.what I have heard since this all started,the rose wont be joining any league going by what members say.as it would be a vote and not just a committee decision.

The question was asked if Bo'ness United would be joining the EOS league. Who in Bo'ness is interested what Linlithgow Rose do? certainly not me.

There is only one reason clubs would join the EOS is to get into the SPFL, if your ground is not up to SPFL standards then there is no point in joining.

Look at the work Kelty are putting in also the squad Bo'ness have currently would be nowhere near good enough, they need to start winning domestically again.

In my opinion they are years away from joining the EOS.

52 minutes ago, Standalone said:

The question was asked if Bo'ness United would be joining the EOS league. Who in Bo'ness is interested what Linlithgow Rose do? certainly not me.

Is that the question answered then.lot clearer now.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Well your NPA landlords are selling you short.

Are they? Please explain. Sorry don't as this has also been explained in previous posts but as your memory keeps failing you I'll make it easy. The pitch next year the Hub facilities around 3 years - all dependant on funding from outside sources ie Lottery, Sports Scotland etc. The trust is not a cash cow. This is a Community project.

It’s all about the B.U!

It’s all about the B.U!

It’s all about the B.U!

It’s all about the B.U!

Are they? Please explain. Sorry don't as this has also been explained in previous posts but as your memory keeps failing you I'll make it easy. The pitch next year the Hub facilities around 3 years - all dependant on funding from outside sources ie Lottery, Sports Scotland etc. The trust is not a cash cow. This is a Community project.

So in summing up you are looking to everyone except yourselves to fund this.

For such (allegedly) well supported team you have had every opportunity over the years to develop or plan ahead. But the harsh reality the money has clearly been wasted.