• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Jambo'ness

Bo'ness United 2017/18

up until the last 20 minutes or so, he was anonymous, after the sending off he came more into it. lets not pretend he had a good game.

That is a really poor observation.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

For me, the argument has never been about whether matches would be postponed or not.  Shite weather is shite weather.  End of.

The real debate is about can the club progress in its present fashion or does it adapt to the community using the facilities and be able to grow stronger from the improvement in the facilities.

Much as I prefer playing on grass, my head tells me astro is the only way forward.

Astro is fantastic for youth development but based on other pitches locally it's not conducive to great football for adults! 

1 hour ago, PatP said:

Astro is fantastic for youth development but based on other pitches locally it's not conducive to great football for adults! 

Based on the plan to be more self-sufficient in players, the youngsters who come through the ranks will be used to playing on it as standard.  As I said earlier, I don't necessarily like it but I realise the change has to happen some time.

38 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Based on the plan to be more self-sufficient in players, the youngsters who come through the ranks will be used to playing on it as standard.  As I said earlier, I don't necessarily like it but I realise the change has to happen some time.

Aye - it's not the future in my opinion for our grade but is definitely necessary for kids.

May be too early to tell but how long have Broxburn had their Astro pitch and how many players have progressed to their junior team? 

If I am honest I can never see many progressing to junior through that route - other than that I can see why clubs would think it a good idea. 

I would suggest it is a poor observation to say he had a great game.:wacko:
Spoiler  
Spoiler  

Lay off the vodka and lighter gas.

3 hours ago, PatP said:

Aye - it's not the future in my opinion for our grade but is definitely necessary for kids.

May be too early to tell but how long have Broxburn had their Astro pitch and how many players have progressed to their junior team? 

If I am honest I can never see many progressing to junior through that route - other than that I can see why clubs would think it a good idea. 

Broxburn pitch is over 7 yrs old - not sure how many players have come through but half the team are ex BU players

On 25/11/2017 at 21:20, goodold luthgy said:

up until the last 20 minutes or so, he was anonymous, after the sending off he came more into it. lets not pretend he had a good game.

Must have been his brother that made the reverse pass for Calum Scott to score the opener. As you were probably hanging about outside the ground waiting for half-time so you would sneak in can explain your lack of knowledge.

12 hours ago, DuklaWandy said:

Good to read a neutrals viewpoint.  One wee thing.....you mentioned only our most ardent fans would have expected that result.  I can assure you that we really didn't and were pleasantly surprised!

43 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Good to look at the pictures.  One wee thing.....you mentioned only our most ardent fans would have expected that result.  I can assure you that we really didn't and were pleasantly surprised!

Sorted that for you.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

^^^^ You really are a sad little dick, aren't you?^^^^

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Sorted that for you.

:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

Edited by boheesian

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

^^^^ You really are a sad little dick, aren't you?^^^^

True   

Now the dust has settled and a chance to digest that fantastic result!

Now it's up to the guys to kick on and do the business in the League too.  This weekend gives a chance of revenge over Broxburn, who won three weeks ago in controversial circumstances.