Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

People had the opportunity to have their say. It was a fair and balanced discussion.

A lot of good points made from both sides of the argument.

What's clear to me a lot of problems could have been solved by discussion at an earlier stage at all levels.

Not sure the exact numbers but it was pretty clear to go had won.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Wats the league set up in this new EOS era ?

Old Eos clubs in tier 6 premier platinum super league, newcomers in two leagues, tier 7 and 8

37 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Wats the league set up in this new EOS era ?

No one could tell us what teams will be in what league, I think because some teams might not be accepted. We could play a maximum of 28 games next season if we get beaten in the first round of all the cups. 

5 minutes ago, goodold luthgy said:

No one could tell us what teams will be in what league, I think because some teams might not be accepted. We could play a maximum of 28 games next season if we get beaten in the first round of all the cups. 

well not quite true as there is a sectional league cup for one 

and if you then won your league there will be play offs for overall champion 
but the dinosaurs did not want that info put out !!  

It was actually 30 (26 league and 4 cups) and more if league cup is round robin.

Junior we were only guaranteed 33.

You are correct there were a lot of if/but maybes

But the only guarantee was moving EoS and tier 6 now.

From 2019/20 We could be tier 5/6/7

Staying gave no guarantees and relying on the SJFA delivering a miracle.

Whitburn delayed in 2002 when we moved I think from then to now proves who was right.

17 minutes ago, goodold luthgy said:

Linlithgow will be a conference with 12 other teams of varying abilities, no trips to Tayside but a couple of trips to the Borders instead.

If you do as expected then you'll be in tier 6 again for 2019/20, in an EoS Premier Division with most of the Superleague teams, one or two old EoS teams and a relegated LL team.

If you do well then you'll win your conference and have a shot at the EoS title via a play-off.

If you do really well then you'll be promoted to the LL for 2019/20 and join the likes of Kelty, Spartans, East Stirlingshire, East Kilbride etc.

14 minutes ago, Gimme said:

image.png

"Bottom feeders stuck ... in an East of Scotland bubble" :lol: Except in the pyramid you can pop the bubble and move up if you're good enough, as Kelty have shown.

33 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Linlithgow will be a conference with 12 other teams of varying abilities, no trips to Tayside but a couple of trips to the Borders instead.

If you do as expected then you'll be in tier 6 again for 2019/20, in an EoS Premier Division with most of the Superleague teams, one or two old EoS teams and a relegated LL team.

If you do well then you'll win your conference and have a shot at the EoS title via a play-off.

If you do really well then you'll be promoted to the LL for 2019/20 and join the likes of Kelty, Spartans, East Stirlingshire, East Kilbride etc.

"Bottom feeders stuck ... in an East of Scotland bubble" :lol: Except in the pyramid you can pop the bubble and move up if you're good enough, as Kelty have shown.

:lol:

Went to Darvel v KRR tonight, in part to stop me from sitting in front of the laptop hitting refresh every 8 seconds. Hugely relieved by the vote, I've never been a fan of the pyramid as it stands but, given that all our peers have left, a vote to stay was a vote for stagnation.

Looking forward to seeing who we're in a conference with now, and what new trips we'll be making.

55 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

It was actually 30 (26 league and 4 cups) and more if league cup is round robin.

Junior we were only guaranteed 33.

Indeed, and it's only for one year. Unless we have an utterly disastrous season we'll be back in a 16 team league the season after.

As someone who attended the meeting and who has been vehemently pro pyramid for a long time, I'm not filled with any sense of joy at this outcome. By that I mean that I recognise how much junior football has meant to Linlithgow Rose. Junior football has been a good place for the Rose to be over many years. And I think the club has been good for the juniors as an organisation through the last 50 years. 

That's also true of the majority of clubs who will be moving across into senior football. 

I wish there had been a properly progressive direction set by the SFA but it didn't happen. Like so much in Scottish football it was every man for himself. If the SFA had opened up the opportunities we have as a club to the rest of junior football as soon as the February survey results came out, the integration of football in the east might have been more orderly. But that didn't happen so the impact on junior football in the east will be keenly felt. 

Who knows where the future of non league football will go in the next 12 - 24 months but the "grade" thing needs dealt with and dealt with effectively. 

Hear hear.

I'm somewhere between nostalgic, sad, excited and relieved.

Sad to see the Junior Cup go but cessation of the super league and a return to one local league was not an option. By one season it'll be a good EoS and surely an extension of t he pyramid downwards.

New places to see and a lot of work to do.

Bring on LTHV.

Hail the Gallant!

It’s amazing how it’s all the flipped about in the space of a few months.
The eos being this mediocre league with a couple of decent sides in it to what it’s going to be next season.
And the east superleague,it’s not so super now

Guest brycey
23 minutes ago, yak said:

It’s amazing how it’s all the flipped about in the space of a few months.
The eos being this mediocre league with a couple of decent sides in it to what it’s going to be next season.
And the east superleague,it’s not so super now

this statement sums things up exactly yak new exiting times for the eos league

10 hours ago, gogsy said:

I cant he blocked me last week ;)

10 hours ago, Marten said:

My request to follow him has been pending for a few days now!

Despite never tweeting him directly, he's clearly seen my 'analysis' of a couple of his tweets on here over the past week and searched his 600 odd followers to find me and block me from seeing anything further :lol: 

Archived