Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

I would like to ask that ahead of the meeting on 4th June, the committee please come prepared with ALL the information required to make an informed decision ie ALL pros and cons of staying junior along with a projection of where this will leave us financially, in football terms and also projection of development and advancement ALONG WITH the pros and cons of moving to EOS and the same projections in terms of finance, football and development/advancement.

I for one was against moving but the more I hear the more I have altered that position and I NEED to have all the facts, not just personal preference or scare mongering and agenda suiting "stories" to be able to make up my mind.

Any stories of hidden agendas need to be set aside and all attendees MUST come with open minds with only the best interests of Linlithgow rose in their mind.

Whatever opinion you have just now our committee need to bring all information to the table to allow a reasoned debate rather than tit for tat insults and resignation threats.

I fully accept the brilliants job our committee has done over the last countless decades but the world has moved on and we need to be in a position to keep this great club great whether as junior or not.

Happy to help with this and running of the meeting (it's what I do for a job) if someone just wants to get in touch.

HTG!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry should have added that I would like to know actual attendance figures from this year with a forecast projection of the same for next season based on both scenarios - I'm sure someone from Kelty could help with the EOS one to base on actuals if asked.

2 hours ago, buloyal said:

Bonnyrigg

musselburgh

dalkeith

easthouses lily

tranent 

haddington

blackburn

edinburgh utd

camelon 

dunipace

croasgates

inverkeithing hill field swifts 

hillof beath

dunbar

and this looks any better ????

You wont be playing all these teams and has been said it' one season. Plus already seen with Dunipace signings none of which with all due respect would have signed for them as a junior club. I think you have to look at that aspect aswell

1 hour ago, Specky said:

Sorry should have added that I would like to know actual attendance figures from this year with a forecast projection of the same for next season based on both scenarios - I'm sure someone from Kelty could help with the EOS one to base on actuals if asked.

I would doubt you will see that much of a difference attendance wise

2 hours ago, buloyal said:

Bonnyrigg

musselburgh

dalkeith

easthouses lily

tranent 

haddington

blackburn

edinburgh utd

camelon 

dunipace

croasgates

inverkeithing hill field swifts 

hillof beath

dunbar

and this looks any better ????

Some dung in there:thumbsdown

Some dung in there:thumbsdown
You think so?

The Super League isn't that great especially when you factor all the additional travel.

On balance I would probably prefer the one with a future.

3 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

You think so?

The Super League isn't that great especially when you factor all the additional travel.

On balance I would probably prefer the one with a future.

The superleague is a busted flush, the juniors in the East are dead, it makes sense for LRFC to make the move immediately.  What benefit is there of staying?  A gate with Bo'ness United.  It would be sheer lunacy and negligence to stay for that reason, and if they're staying junior for another reason then christ knows what is is.

Hopefully the forward thinkers seize the day, gain enough support and get your club to the Eos league.

Not sure this would be a major influence for me.

Our home crowds have been markedly down in recent seasons. That's the key point here as that's the income generator.

Other than Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg I can't recall any decent travelling support.

One going one staying.

Moving may give a novelty boost.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

The Superleague will stagnate and get worse. Progress to the LL for the Rose and hopefully Bonnyrigg, Boness would be a far more exciting proposition.

What would be better is Bo’ness and Linlithgow moving to the west super league  These games would get the crowds back and it would be better quality games  than the Eos 

Just now, Sheep77 said:

What would be better is Bo’ness and Linlithgow moving to the west super league  These games would get the crowds back and it would be better quality games  than the Eos 

Boness and linlithgow would need to play every game away.the west teams through out any notion of a super duper league.due to the amount of travelling they would have to do.iirc.

The west teams didn’t/don’t want to travel to tayside etc.

If both the teams mentioned left would the West vote for it? I’d have thought that both teams would need to go into the bottom league as I don’t see teams giving up promotion etc to let them swan into the top division

East teams join the EoSFL if they want to be in the Pyramid

West teams join the WoSFL from 2019/20 if they want to be in the Pyramid

How difficult does this need to be? answer, when someone is trying to save his skin rather than looking after the interests of the member clubs.

Similar been talked about before the West teams didn't want it citing travel. They have it easy as their current set up most clubs are within 45 minutes.

If they set up a WoS league there are no certainties on the top clubs taking part. This isn't happening before 19/20 anyways.

So the only certainty on the table is moving now and a guaranteed tier 6.

In a perfect world I would remain junior but circumstances change a fact lost on TJ when football started evolving whilst he sat and did hee haw.

The west teams didn’t/don’t want to travel to tayside etc.

If both the teams mentioned left would the West vote for it? I’d have thought that both teams would need to go into the bottom league as I don’t see teams giving up promotion etc to let them swan into the top division
It's a nonsense to think that Bo'ness and Linlithgow could be slotted into the top league in the West. It is not going to happen. There are at least 50 clubs in the West would say GTF.

Yes, but did I read it correctly that a "conversion" of the West Superleague into a LL (West) would have it at level 5? Surely that can't happen?  If it did though, it could make sense for some of the farthest west East Superleague teams like Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Sauchie to apply for that rather than the tier 6 or 7 EoS?  Pure conjecture of course.

I'm still having trouble separating what is official and what is, as I said, conjecture.  Has, for example, the idea of a transitional season of 2 parallel EoS divisions leading to a Division 1 and 2 actually been mooted at official level or is it the musings of someone on here?  It makes sense but I don't know if it has any basis in fact.

21 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I'm still having trouble separating what is official and what is, as I said, conjecture.  Has, for example, the idea of a transitional season of 2 parallel EoS divisions leading to a Division 1 and 2 actually been mooted at official level or is it the musings of someone on here?  It makes sense but I don't know if it has any basis in fact.

Yes, the EoS have confirmed two parrallel seeded divisions for next season, with the top 6 in each guaranteed a top division place for the following season as a minimum IF they go to two divisions.  No final decision has been made on structure for 2019-20 yet.   This is assuming they dont all of a sudden find another 10 clubs wanting to join (28 currently)

The Lowland League are voting at their AGM whether to relegate two clubs, if they do (I get the feeling it's likely) then it will be upto the EoS and SoS to decide how to work a play-off. So potentially 2 EoS clubs could be promoted to LL end of next season, if Licenced.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Yes, the EoS have confirmed two parrallel seeded divisions for next season, with the top 6 in each guaranteed a top division place for the following season as a minimum IF they go to two divisions.  No final decision has been made on structure for 2019-20 yet.   This is assuming they dont all of a sudden find another 10 clubs wanting to join (28 currently)

The Lowland League are voting at their AGM whether to relegate two clubs, if they do (I get the feeling it's likely) then it will be upto the EoS and SoS to decide how to work a play-off. So potentially 2 EoS clubs could be promoted to LL end of next season, if Licenced.

Thought the pyramiď couldnt have another play off ....THIS IS THE LITHGY ROSE THREAD STOP CANVASSING ITS EMBARRASING NOW .

3 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Thought the pyramiď couldnt have another play off ....THIS IS THE LITHGY ROSE THREAD STOP CANVASSING ITS EMBARRASING NOW .

Get back in your box ya Dale loony, you're embarrassing yourself :lol:

So how are we feeling about making up that 32 goal difference margin in the next three games? It's the proverbial big ask...

After last season I'm just happy we took it this far this season. For the league not to be mathematically out of reach going into the last week of the season was much more than I'd hoped for in August. Whatever the future holds, we've got a decent manager and a good core of players.

Archived