Sign in to follow this  
Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

2 minutes ago, drs said:

So who amongst the Rose support is best placed to set out the facts and figures about moving?

Who can go over the list of benefits that have been posted around here previously and explain things?

Who can point out the continued flaws in communications from the SJFA?

Who can point out that moving will be the ultimate kick in the bollocks to Bo'ness? ;)

At least we now have an opportunity to present both sides.  The argument at ground level is exactly as I posted above - and sadly is believed by many of the older guys.  If we can combat Project Fear then hopefully we can have a factual debate - in which case there should be only one winner.  The call for an EGM which would have been submitted today had well in excess of the 12 required members names.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

A couple of the newer committee members are more than capable of this.

Hopefully Auld Heid will print off the list of benefits and pass it to all the folks attending the meeting.

I still think that we will vote against moving. 2 of the top committee are dead against it and can see a lot of the older members voting with them.

Might even laminate them...............!!

A couple of boys I spoke to on Saturday were worried about not winning anything again. I mentioned that there are still cups open to EoSL/LL sides. Does anyone know what prize money is available for these and how they compare to the Junior equivalents?
Also, increased travel!? The prospect of 10 trips across the Forth Bridge next season should be enough to convince them that the Super League isn't the answer... Surely

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not if you are a Junior club.

Hasnt the 3rd Saturday in July rule been changed?

Edited by gogsy

18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not if you are a Junior club.

Dual membership?

Edited by Auld Heid

Dual membership?

I know that but Junior clubs cant play before 1st July, does dual membership override that? Not that it matters.....

Some strange rumours on the go this morning.  If true and we vote to stay in the juniors I can see Prestonfield being a new housing estate in 3 or 4 years time. 

Edited by FuzzyBear

I know that but Junior clubs cant play before 1st July, does dual membership override that? Not that it matters.....

The club applied for and were granted permission to play the game.

The club applied for and were granted permission to play the game.

We asked for that a few seasons back to play a Testimonial for one of our long serving players against a senior side. Denied.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We asked for that a few seasons back to play a Testimonial for one of our long serving players against a senior side. Denied.

Aye but you are a Diddy Team (kidding)

2 hours ago, Black Dug said:

A couple of boys I spoke to on Saturday were worried about not winning anything again. 

Like we've been sweeping the boards the last few seasons?

By the way, what's the qualification to be at the EGM and vote? I attend most matches but I don't have a season ticket. I expect I wouldn't be able to vote but could I attend and watch the debate? Again, I don't expect so.

Has it never occurred to the best of enemies, Linlithgow and Bo'ness, to talk together and make a joint, mutually beneficial decision?

By the way, what's the qualification to be at the EGM and vote? I attend most matches but I don't have a season ticket. I expect I wouldn't be able to vote but could I attend and watch the debate? Again, I don't expect so.
Season ticket is a condition of entry to the meeting.

21 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
24 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Season ticket is a condition of entry to the meeting.

Leaving it close to the wire to get your application in. 

2 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Good communications should always be to the fore in any organisation.  Done properly an open debate should have been done back early April to gauge the feeling of all supporters.  When you engage meaningfully with supporters they are more likely to go on and buy a season ticket. 

The ultimate decision would be that of the members and quite rightly so.    

2 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Has it never occurred to the best of enemies, Linlithgow and Bo'ness, to talk together and make a joint, mutually beneficial decision?

Theirs a novel idea.   Bo'ness communicated with the EoS along with the other bodies to give their members an informed choice.  Given the importance that both teams place on each other the conversation between the two would have seen a logical step.

Perhaps the two committees are trying to outbrink each other.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Perhaps the two committees are trying to outbrink each other.

Mutually assured decline?