Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do the Rose supporters stand on entering the senior grade?  Do they back the committee or are there some who would prefer the club to stay in the junior grade?  Have we lost out by not going senior next season along with Bonnyrigg?

1 hour ago, Dreghorn said:

Where do the Rose supporters stand on entering the senior grade?  Do they back the committee or are there some who would prefer the club to stay in the junior grade?  Have we lost out by not going senior next season along with Bonnyrigg?

Every Rose fan - and committee member for that matter -  that I know think we should have gone to the EOS league before Kelty.

1 hour ago, Dreghorn said:

Irrespective of views - the subject should have been discussed with members to canvass views.  This isn't a day to day decision on running the club but one which will define our whole future.  (Before we joined the Super League such a discussion took place).

Opinions are varied depending on who you stand next to - what is clear there are a lot of uneducated views on the implications.  Proper leadership  required to present the facts and inform opinions factually - unfortunately this has not happened

In recent years the money invested in the infrastructure has been far in advance of the requirements of our current grade. 

By default much of the above has put us at a real disadvantage in the coming years.   

I for one would love to see Linlithgow rose join the pyramid set up.... What a statement that would make and I do not think they would last long in the eosfl or LL..... 

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Irrespective of views - the subject should have been discussed with members to canvass views.  This isn't a day to day decision on running the club but one which will define our whole future.  (Before we joined the Super League such a discussion took place).

Opinions are varied depending on who you stand next to - what is clear there are a lot of uneducated views on the implications.  Proper leadership  required to present the facts and inform opinions factually - unfortunately this has not happened

In recent years the money invested in the infrastructure has been far in advance of the requirements of our current grade. 

By default much of the above has put us at a real disadvantage in the coming years.   

Like any product it has to be sold to the fans and that hasn't been done on either side of the Flints. It looks to me that some clubs have jumped on the bandwagon - might be wrong - whilst others have weighed up the benefits and have joined. 

It has been invested wisely so why sit on the fence when you have these facilities.

Rumour mill you have applied

Absolutely no chance the rose have applied! The committee want to play in a crap league with no decent teams or to attract decent players![emoji106][emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Like any product it has to be sold to the fans and that hasn't been done on either side of the Flints. It looks to me that some clubs have jumped on the bandwagon - might be wrong - whilst others have weighed up the benefits and have joined. 
It has been invested wisely so why sit on the fence when you have these facilities.

Not invested wisely if you refuse to reap the benefits.

11 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Aye a bitter arsehole mans point of view means a lot........ quit my arse.  

Archived