Sign in to follow this  
Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

On 3/25/2018 at 00:38, Red Rose said:

Stroll in the park for the big rose today. I’d be a bit worried if I was a wee rose fan. 

An unnecessarily negative view.

Lithgae are going well this year, I didn't think it was possible that they could become so competitive in the league so quickly given the state the squad was in last season. I wasn't disappointed with their performance on Saturday, but I was impressed with Bonnyrigg. They were sharp up  front, and in the period in the second half when the home side were in control I thought they were very well organised and disciplined. That sort of shape and composure without the ball is very rare below league level. In a way the score didn't reflect the gap between the teams, but that's often what happens when a team is so good out of possession and takes their chances when they come. You've got a good side there, be proud of them instead of having a pop at others :thumsup2

I don't usually post on here but I'd thought I'd give some answers to your points raised.
1) The Kirkintilloch and Penicuik games which Linlithgow both Lost recently are well over 17 mins with the Rob Roy game being 22 mins and the Penicuik 19 minutes. 
2) I wasn't at the Hill of Beath game so I didn't interview Mark. The reason why I interview him before the game to catch up with him and his thoughts as I wasn't at the game last week.
3) The advert was for an upcoming media project I'm doing for my Higher Media at school. I've done this same thing on two previous occasions.
The first time being to promote my at the time new film 'LinLithgow' Link below.
[/url]  
And the second time being the game against Tayport back in November (which Linlithgow won) and again this was for a film I was promoting at the time. Link below
4) I only ask Mark the questions I believe relevant to the game or at the time. How Mark responds is up to Mark. Some interviews last longer than others.
Hope this answers any questions you have.

Doing a great job mate as does vinny at bonnyrigg.

40 minutes ago, GordonS said:

An unnecessarily negative view.

Lithgae are going well this year, I didn't think it was possible that they could become so competitive in the league so quickly given the state the squad was in last season. I wasn't disappointed with their performance on Saturday, but I was impressed with Bonnyrigg. They were sharp up  front, and in the period in the second half when the home side were in control I thought they were very well organised and disciplined. That sort of shape and composure without the ball is very rare below league level. In a way the score didn't reflect the gap between the teams, but that's often what happens when a team is so good out of possession and takes their chances when they come. You've got a good side there, be proud of them instead of having a pop at others :thumsup2

You didn’t think Linlithgow would be competitive this year( Really )  

13 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

You didn’t think Linlithgow would be competitive this year( Really )  

No, I didn't think they'd be able to bring in enough players of the right standard, who would settle quickly enough, to be contenders. I thought the rebuild needed was too big and there's always a risk bringing players in that some won't perform as well as they did before (eg Malone). 

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/236247-linlithgow-rose-20162017/&page=57&tab=comments#comment-11363048

Biggest decision coming up in the Club’s history whether to stay in or leave the Juniors.

The decision will be taken by the members of the club not the committee at an egm.

Does the club constitution have any rules on how the egm is run?  Do members have to be present to vote? is proxy voting allowed?  What majority is required to effect change?

Like Brexit the Junior world is divided on this issue.  The difference is that if the majority of clubs leave there will be little left for the others with each region down to 2 divisions leaving the top tier of the regions half filled with smaller clubs with little support or ambition.

if Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg go Lithgae might well be champions next season!  But of what value and more visits to Dundee and Perthshire to look forward to.   With regret therefore I think that the Rose ought to follow the others by joining the senior ranks.  My post on the Talbot website today illustrates the benefits of doing so.

Biggest decision coming up in the Club’s history whether to stay in or leave the Juniors.
The decision will be taken by the members of the club not the committee at an egm.
Does the club constitution have any rules on how the egm is run?  Do members have to be present to vote? is proxy voting allowed?  What majority is required to effect change?
Like Brexit the Junior world is divided on this issue.  The difference is that if the majority of clubs leave there will be little left for the others with each region down to 2 divisions leaving the top tier of the regions half filled with smaller clubs with little support or ambition.
if Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg go Lithgae might well be champions next season!  But of what value and more visits to Dundee and Perthshire to look forward to.   With regret therefore I think that the Rose ought to follow the others by joining the senior ranks.  My post on the Talbot website today illustrates the benefits of doing so.

You need the committee to engage in meaningful discussion on their position first.

The silence so far has been deafening.

An EGM requires I'm sure either 12 or 15 signatures to happen.

I have an official statement from the club to be posted on the club website. Unfortunately I am in Portugal until Saturday and cannot access the site via my phone to post it. Currently trying to talk someone through doing it.

What's your excuse for not updating it the rest of the time.
Shut the fvck up. He has a job and a family.

Just now, FuzzyBear said:
33 minutes ago, sevesnape said:

:lol: Calm down dear.

More than 1 job actually. It gets updated usually once a week unless I am away. Paris last week portugal this week. Its all go

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:
2 hours ago, sevesnape said:

That's a tad aggresive for a reasonable guy like yourself Fuzzy.    Try some Yoga..........or a beer...............or try both at the same time !!

More than 1 job actually. It gets updated usually once a week unless I am away. Paris last week portugal this week. Its all go

The website has announced we have joined the super league.

Your web assistant needs more training.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Bit of a wish washy statement if I may say. Time isn't on your side for next season.

And dont they know it ;)

Bit of a wish washy statement if I may say. Time isn't on your side for next season.

The statement looks like it was written a Tory spin doctor.

It says everything and nothing in the same sentence.

51 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The statement looks like it was written a Tory spin doctor.

It says everything and nothing in the same sentence.

You seem to be very negative lately