Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

So much for "All Weather"  - Almost as bad a the Transport Minister - blaming the wrong type of snow.

Looks like another quiet Saturday.

There is no pitch in existence which is called "all weather", obviously.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

So much for "All Weather" 

What all weather - only somneone stuck in the 1980s still calls them "all-weather". They are artificial pitches not "all-weather" - a couple of inches of snow or ice will put a game on an artificial pitch off just as it will a grass pitch.

Oh hang on its you, and as we know you are still stuck in 1690 so I guess its understandable that you don't understand the modern world.

Disappointing but only to be expected after the weather. Nothing Blackburn can do with that amount of snow and frost. It's a good surface up there as I've been on it many times with kids football and quite rightly the decision was made in the best interests of what was best for the surface and all the users not just trying to get this game on.

Look forward to freezing up there nxt week instead .... I don't think it's ever been warm when I've been up lol.
HTG

40 minutes ago, Specky said:

Disappointing but only to be expected after the weather. Nothing Blackburn can do with that amount of snow and frost. It's a good surface up there as I've been on it many times with kids football and quite rightly the decision was made in the best interests of what was best for the surface and all the users not just trying to get this game on.

Look forward to freezing up there nxt week instead .... I don't think it's ever been warm when I've been up lol.
HTG

Gutted the game is off, hopefully we get a better week next week.

At 33 im no dinosaur but not a fan of plastic pitches either. Mainly due to the injuries I’ve experienced but also because it’s a completely different ball game. So if removing snow from them is a no no, what are the actual benefits?

Its not for everyone but I'd guess the fact that you can rent it out and generate income; That it is playable most weeks (except when contaminated with snow or ice); That it has a smooth and even playing surface; That it requires minimal day to day maintenance, no cutting or lining.

Its not for everyone but I'd guess the fact that you can rent it out and generate income; That it is playable most weeks (except when contaminated with snow or ice); That it has a smooth and even playing surface; That it requires minimal day to day maintenance, no cutting or lining.

Most are installed via grants. Yes they generate income - the issue comes when they start to wear - who replaces them?

If clubs are using the income will they have the 200k or whatever to upgrade.

Most are installed via grants. Yes they generate income - the issue comes when they start to wear - who replaces them?

If clubs are using the income will they have the 200k or whatever to upgrade.

I imagine anyone who installs these pitches is made aware of the expected lifespan dependant on its use. This should prompt the organisation to budget appropriately for its replacement/repair.

9 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

I imagine anyone who installs these pitches is made aware of the expected lifespan dependant on its use. This should prompt the organisation to budget appropriately for its replacement/repair.

Sink funds, part of the criteria with grant awards for these pitches is that the club saves over a 10-12 year period to contribute towards replacement.

1 hour ago, Dunc the drunk said:

At 33 im no dinosaur but not a fan of plastic pitches either. Mainly due to the injuries I’ve experienced but also because it’s a completely different ball game. So if removing snow from them is a no no, what are the actual benefits?

Use them 24/7, all the clubs teams can train and play on them year round (when it doesn't snow......), a great, true surface to play football on, and of course it generally beats most weather thrown at it apart from heavy frost and snow.   Neither is it a "completely different ball game", no more so than going from a good grass pitch one week to a bumpy mud heap the next, almost everyone trains on them these days anyway.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Use them 24/7, all the clubs teams can train and play on them year round (when it doesn't snow......), a great, true surface to play football on, and of course it generally beats most weather thrown at it apart from heavy frost and snow.   Neither is it a "completely different ball game", no more so than going from a good grass pitch one week to a bumpy mud heap the next, almost everyone trains on them these days anyway.

I have said it before and will say it again - fantastic facility for kids football and great training facility. Still not seen a game on a plastic pitch where it completely resembles a grass facility. Most players I speak to prefer grass. Makes you wonder on these pitches in our top league.  

Having a great pitch at Linlithgow is no combat to poor pitches or plastic and probably comes at a huge cost to the club. 

In my opinion a grass pitch always beats a plastic one. 

I hear linlithgow and Bo'ness are leaving the juniors end of season to join the east pyramid good luck. It's always best to get going sooner rather than wait around for the enevitable.

Teams in the west will be stuck a few years behind now.

1 minute ago, kenny131 said:

I hear linlithgow and Bo'ness are leaving the juniors end of season to join the east pyramid good luck. It's always best to get going sooner rather than wait around for the enevitable.

Teams in the west will be stuck a few years behind now.

Watching a good series on netflix the now."underground" should try it if your that bored :lol:

Archived