Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smith has reffed the rose on four occasions this season and in each game he has given a contentious and possibly game changing decision against us. From tc sending off at penicuik to the offside goal at boness to the denied pen against star hearts and now this pen. Even Donald Findlay would find it hard to defend him!

The sooner he goes to the leagues full time the better.

Remember McLean? See how far he's gone now.....

You were beaten by the better side on Saturday, you don’t mention that Linlithgow’s goal came from a free kick that was awarded after TC let out a roar even though there was no contact, Linlithgow weren’t in the game before that, I take it that because that decision went for Linlithgow Smith was excused?

No not at all legless, it's been said already that the cookie deserved their win but two one down or three one down is a different story.

What I was meaning was that every contentious decision in our games all seem to go against us. Not sure about our free kick on Saturday as it was at the other end from me but it looked a free kick. If you had a better view then I'll defer to your better judgement.

Quite agree but this Ref and I quote "ITS ALL ABOUT HIM"

I agree he is a poor ref, truth be told he was poor for both sides though!

Roddy misses a sitter to put Linlithgow in front, Penicuik go up the park and score. Ruari knows what the referee is like and should know better than risk a second booking for descent!

Was it a penalty, wasn’t it a penalty? On first viewing both myself and the Linlithgow supporter I was standing with thought it was a stonewaller, I still think he catches the man before the ball, it’s easy to see why he gave the penalty!

Linlithgow performed every bit as poorly as the ref but there is no criticism of their performance.

The abuse of the injured Penicuik player wasn’t called for either, then the mock offence when he had the cheek to speak back to the supporter abusing him was embarrassing.

Happened right in front of where I was standing, the keeper came running out and I said oh, here comes a penalty, but he played the ball cleanly, so it was never a penalty in a million years, dreadful decision and made a lot worse when he consulted the linesman and overruled his take on it. If he had gone with the lino`s take on it, would he have told Rhuiri to come back on, as I have made a terrible blunder, I think he realised this and just thought well I've done it now, so fxxk it. Time to promote him to the bigger leagues and see how long he lasts.:blink: 

Happened right in front of where I was standing, the keeper came running out and I said oh, here comes a penalty, but he played the ball cleanly, so it was never a penalty in a million years, dreadful decision and made a lot worse when he consulted the linesman and overruled his take on it. If he had gone with the lino`s take on it, would he have told Rhuiri to come back on, as I have made a terrible blunder, I think he realised this and just thought well I've done it now, so fxxk it. Time to promote him to the bigger leagues and see how long he lasts.:blink: 

Bottom line was Linlithgow we’re responsible for the defeat, open goal, 6 yards out, was as much of a mistake as you think the ref made but no criticism of the player!

53 minutes ago, Legless said:

I agree he is a poor ref, truth be told he was poor for both sides though!

Roddy misses a sitter to put Linlithgow in front, Penicuik go up the park and score. Ruari knows what the referee is like and should know better than risk a second booking for descent!

Was it a penalty, wasn’t it a penalty? On first viewing both myself and the Linlithgow supporter I was standing with thought it was a stonewaller, I still think he catches the man before the ball, it’s easy to see why he gave the penalty!

Linlithgow performed every bit as poorly as the ref but there is no criticism of their performance.

The abuse of the injured Penicuik player wasn’t called for either, then the mock offence when he had the cheek to speak back to the supporter abusing him was embarrassing.

In a similar vein to that last bit, I had a wee chortle late on in the game - TC told the far side lino to ‘f*ck off’ and the response of ‘shut it Tommy’ met with a lady Rose fan behind the Lino shout ‘you can’t say that’. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Interesting move by Bonnyrigg - while we sit on our hands.

You have stated categorically that you are against joining the pyramid so you will be quite happy we have sat on our hands.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

You have stated categorically that you are against joining the pyramid so you will be quite happy we have sat on our hands.

That's correct, I am no fan of the pyramid - that's my personal view.   That doesn't mean I haven't listened to other views, on the subject.  Unfortunately despite my views, it's clear that change is coming like it or not.  

Despite my personal reservations - this isn't  about me but the future of Linlithgow Rose and surely it's wrong of the club to sit back and not have the discussion whilst others around us move. 

Archived