Auld Heid

Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Good stuff, hope you enjoyed your day.

I did thanks.  Really enjoy my trips through to Blackburn.

I did thanks.  Really enjoy my trips through to Blackburn.

Yes, so we’ve heard...

IMG_5571.jpg

You're just jealous.

Aye of your stiff upper lip and ability to see a job through...

Good earner?

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye of your stiff upper lip and ability to see a job through... emoji4.png

Good earner?

I thought it was time your family shared the wealth.

Edited by DuklaWandy

On 19/01/2018 at 22:47, Burnie_man said:

Having watched most home games on it I barely notice any difference. It's a fantastic surface and you get a better game of football on it that you do on half the pitches in Junior football.  That said, it does need a certain level of looking after ie. regular brushing which some 3G's dont get and they deteriorate quicker as a result, and get them a bad rep.

A great grass pitch is always preferable, but those are not very common at our level and a 3G is much more of an asset to a club like ours than a grass pitch that nobody is allowed on.

Seen the first half of the Killie  v Celtic game earlier and 2 players  injured in the game due to the surface. I rest my case.

Seen the first half of the Killie  v Celtic game earlier and 2 players  injured in the game due to the surface. I rest my case.

Ah well, case closed then. Players never get injured on grass pitches. Thanks for clearing that up

Huffed and puffed today and made life difficult for ourselves. Shields with 2 needless bookings within minutes.

The two McLennan's being probably our shining lights.

Darren with another howler which is concerning as his error gave pumpherston a life line in a game we were in total control off.

Can't afford these errors in the coming weeks.

19 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Huffed and puffed today and made life difficult for ourselves. Shields with 2 needless bookings within minutes.

The two McLennan's being probably our shining lights.

Darren with another howler which is concerning as his error gave pumpherston a life line in a game we were in total control off.

Can't afford these errors in the coming weeks.

It's no wonder we huffed and puffed as we were playing on a glue pot for 60 minutes with ten men! Bring back the plastic!! Lol

Darrens mistake seemed to come from a horrific bounce - no surprise on that pitch. 

But despite that we won. And the run without a loss continues! 

It's no wonder we huffed and puffed as we were playing on a glue pot for 60 minutes with ten men! Bring back the plastic!! Lol
Darrens mistake seemed to come from a horrific bounce - no surprise on that pitch. 
But despite that we won. And the run without a loss continues! 

Agree the park was a glue pot - albeit didn't hinder Roddy who seemed to glide effortlessly over it at times.

I thought Darren took his eyes off the ball rather than a bounce. Either way it was one of these one in a million mistakes

Agree the park was a glue pot - albeit didn't hinder Roddy who seemed to glide effortlessly over it at times.

I thought Darren took his eyes off the ball rather than a bounce. Either way it was one of these one in a million mistakes

Darren will get the blame but I think that's harsh. With the state of the park we shouldn't be passing it back into the centre of the goals. It always could take a bobble, which it did. Daz also pulled off a few good saves.

Jack Beaumont giving it the GIRUY

Darren will get the blame but I think that's harsh. With the state of the park we shouldn't be passing it back into the centre of the goals. It always could take a bobble, which it did. Daz also pulled off a few good saves.

Jack Beaumont giving it the GIRUY

Beaumont still looked like he was playing above his level...!!!

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Beaumont still looked like he was playing above his level...!!!

Explain this one. That suggests last season he was playing above his level too. You should wait until you are sober to post. 

31 minutes ago, PatP said:

Explain this one. That suggests last season he was playing above his level too. You should wait until you are sober to post. 

If he was a Mglynn signing that says it all about auldheid bitter man 

Where is specky not on the BU page tonight oh we won today 

Quite straightforward he was rank last year and is still rank.

Therefore is still playing above his level.

Other than Hill and Leiper there is not a single McGlynn signing still at Linlithgow.

I think that's a reasonable reflection of the standard that majority of his signings were at.

37 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Your more bitter that your boss isn't still at the Rose pulling the strings and pulling us down and feeding you the inside line. At least Auldheid talking rubbish is based on what he sees rather than being somebody's mouth piece. 

25 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Quite straightforward he was rank last year and is still rank.

Therefore is still playing above his level.

Nonsense. Are you forgetting the great save he forced Darren to make in the first half. He had a decent game today - move on from last season.