Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

8 hours ago, HTG said:

As someone who attended the meeting and who has been vehemently pro pyramid for a long time, I'm not filled with any sense of joy at this outcome. By that I mean that I recognise how much junior football has meant to Linlithgow Rose. Junior football has been a good place for the Rose to be over many years. And I think the club has been good for the juniors as an organisation through the last 50 years. 

That's also true of the majority of clubs who will be moving across into senior football. 

I wish there had been a properly progressive direction set by the SFA but it didn't happen. Like so much in Scottish football it was every man for himself. If the SFA had opened up the opportunities we have as a club to the rest of junior football as soon as the February survey results came out, the integration of football in the east might have been more orderly. But that didn't happen so the impact on junior football in the east will be keenly felt. 

Who knows where the future of non league football will go in the next 12 - 24 months but the "grade" thing needs dealt with and dealt with effectively. 

Agree totally.

Last night also proved how poorly led Scottish Football has been in recent years.  

I felt the level of feeling in the room showed why the conversation with members should have been sooner.   There were  many who were not fully comfortable and I think that was reflective in the vote.  As someone who was a Junior through and through - it took a long while to convince me moving was the best option.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bo’ness stayed junior do you think you lot would have done as well?? Sad to see another big gun leave the juniors. All the best Linlithgow for the future. Great club and excellent facilities [emoji106]. Along with Bo’ness ????

57 minutes ago, Ylf said:

If Bo’ness stayed junior do you think you lot would have done as well?? Sad to see another big gun leave the juniors. All the best Linlithgow for the future. Great club and excellent facilities emoji106.png. Along with Bo’ness 

I think there was an element of "panic buying".  You know how you say that panic buying is stupid and you're not going to do it and then suddenly you realise that you're going to be the one who's left without?  In fact, because everyone else IS panic buying, suddenly it does actually make sense to join them.

Somewhere there was a tipping point where we actually had to go, whether our minds were truly behind it.  Several of us went from being either pro-Junior or undecided to pro-EoS through pragmatism.  As far as I remember, Bo'ness went, then sort of delayed it then we panicked and looked like going so they changed course and went for it so we felt we had to go for it.

Another plus point is many fans can now go on holiday earlier.  The EoSFL finished a couple of weeks ago while the junior league still rumbles on.......;)

1 hour ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I think there was an element of "panic buying".  You know how you say that panic buying is stupid and you're not going to do it and then suddenly you realise that you're going to be the one who's left without?  In fact, because everyone else IS panic buying, suddenly it does actually make sense to join them.

Somewhere there was a tipping point where we actually had to go, whether our minds were truly behind it.  Several of us went from being either pro-Junior or undecided to pro-EoS through pragmatism.  As far as I remember, Bo'ness went, then sort of delayed it then we panicked and looked like going so they changed course and went for it so we felt we had to go for it.

What was apparent the knowledge of 104 attendees varied  greatly on the subject - 10 abstentions showed that.  Which lead back to the lack of proper leadership  from the SJFA  who were only providing empty promises.  Moving to the EoS was a 'Real Option' that was actually available.

The top table were in my view excellent and stuck to facts - and where they couldn't answer that was also made clear. 

However for me the views of our former President  was the deciding factor for many of the members who may have been undecided.   His inputs at key points in the meeting were very informative and helpful in guiding members to the right decision.

To give up 129 years History of being junior was hard to accept by many (myself included) and although leaving the Juniors is a sad day in our history, it is also a massive opportunity to write the next chapter.

HTG

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Another plus point is many fans can now go on holiday earlier.  The EoSFL finished a couple of weeks ago while the junior league still rumbles on.......;)

Yes, playing and watching football in decent weather will never catch on.

2 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Yes, playing and watching football in decent weather will never catch on.

:lol: You know the Juniors don't intend to play summer football, right? It just happens because the leadership couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery designed for the purposes of hosting piss-ups.

Four games a week with three on sunny evenings is all good fun, but the players are knackered, some teams play far more games than others and are at a huge disadvantage, clubs can't sell hospitality because they don't know when they're going to be playing, midweek matches always get smaller crowds and much less hospitality sold, and no-one can plan their holidays because they've no idea when the season will actually end. You start to lose players and volunteers to stuff like weddings.

I really enjoy football on summer evenings but it's the product of an utter shambles. Please, please, please tell us that you at least understand that much?

14 minutes ago, Pete77 said:

does FFP apply in the east of Scotland league? be interesting to see how the wee rose do without their annual handouts

Oh the Irony..................!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen that you guys are playing Hibs in a PSF on 30th June but I can't find that much more information on it. If it's true, can I just buy tickets at the gate? I'm planning to go to a Wee Rose game, so this would be a good one.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I've seen that you guys are playing Hibs in a PSF on 30th June but I can't find that much more information on it. If it's true, can I just buy tickets at the gate? I'm planning to go to a Wee Rose game, so this would be a good one.

Yes. Pay at the gate at this time. 

Keep an eye on the facebook page and twitter in case this changes.... 

15 minutes ago, GlamourBaws said:

Yes. Pay at the gate at this time. 

Keep an eye on the facebook page and twitter in case this changes.... 

Thanks, is there a bar at the ground for a pre-match drink or is there a good pub nearby?

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Thanks, is there a bar at the ground for a pre-match drink or is there a good pub nearby?

Yes there is a club at the ground and 11 pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

If you do the Linlithgow Pub trail - starting at the Star & Garter (Train station end) ending up at the West Port - you will get a T-Shirt.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Yes there is a club at the ground and 11 pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground.

If you go to the Swan Tavern -  Fuzzy drinks there, although he is liable to tap you for a drink.

Archived