Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

The way we reached our conclusion was to present all of the information available to us and decide from their, simply present what is there in the eosfl already and what is on offer for having your licence etc and pit that against what is on offer from the sjfa.... Which is pretty much some match balls and the ability to say you still represent the sjfa.... The only thing Linlithgow will miss will be the junior cup games..... 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's even a debate about the relative merits of the seniors v the juniors any more. I think a decision on that basis has been taken out of our hands by 19 of our neighbouring junior clubs, mostly representing the better clubs, having decided they're leaving. This isn't change versus the status quo; this is change versus dropping our level of opposition by a division and a half. Apart from a handful of better teams north of the Tay, there's now little difference between the East Region and the North Region.

Even if they love the Juniors, even if they hate how this has happened, even if they don't fancy the seniors, members need to accept realities as they now are and follow our peers into the EoSFL. 

Rose posters on here previously stated their fear was a fair number of the members would be influenced in their voting by certain members of the committee. Have these committee members changed their stance or will it go to the wire ?

Tomorrow night's meeting carries huge ramifications for the future which carries great interest both within the club and outside.  Is it possible for the club to provide an official Twitter feed (or alternative media) of the main points made during the meeting?  Can supporters without a member’s card attend to listen to the debate and perhaps provide unofficial updates?

15 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Tomorrow night's meeting carries huge ramifications for the future which carries great interest both within the club and outside.  Is it possible for the club to provide an official Twitter feed (or alternative media) of the main points made during the meeting?  Can supporters without a member’s card attend to listen to the debate and perhaps provide unofficial updates?

No. It's a members meeting and reckon the world will cope for an hour. :)

31 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Well old boy I hope you get the result you want.  

To stay would be a disaster.

I think you mis-spelled disaster - it should be spelt death.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I still think tomorrow is difficult to call.

The level of understanding amongst some of our supporters is frightening.

We will only have ourselves to blame if sense don't prevail.

Show this to the members, it might help sway them: http://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/The-East-of-Scotland-Football-League-Season-2017-18-Fixture-List.pdf

Rose posters on here previously stated their fear was a fair number of the members would be influenced in their voting by certain members of the committee. Have these committee members changed their stance or will it go to the wire ?

There has been no meaningful communication between club and supporters on the subject.

For me the key to will come from how the top table present. As this will sway many doubters.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The older members dont have a clue to who has left and for what reasons.there should have been a meeting when kelty left far less tomorrow.they will be led like lambs to the slaughter listening to shite like.whitburn and bathgate is where our future lies.were whitburn not relegated ? Now they are going to be in the super league with a new set up.and what happens if the SFA turn round and say you are not embracing the pyramid.your licence entry to the big scottish has been revoked (could that happen) money spent on new floodlights,toilets,disabled viewing gallery.will be money pissed up against the wall.imo.

I can't vote as I don't have a season ticket but I do attend most matches.  I accept the logic of this.  However, as someone who is a true supporter I'd like my voice to be heard. 

There is no choice.  The rest of our friends have gone and we have to go with them. 

14 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I can't vote as I don't have a season ticket but I do attend most matches.  I accept the logic of this.  However, as someone who is a true supporter I'd like my voice to be heard. 

There is no choice.  The rest of our friends have gone and we have to go with them. 

Like minded people as yourself perhaps should have got together and organised a petition. It would show the club that a good number of non-voters have a voice. It's your Club and your part of it's future. 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

The older members dont have a clue to who has left and for what reasons.there should have been a meeting when kelty left far less tomorrow.they will be led like lambs to the slaughter listening to shite like.whitburn and bathgate is where our future lies.were whitburn not relegated ? Now they are going to be in the super league with a new set up.and what happens if the SFA turn round and say you are not embracing the pyramid.your licence entry to the big scottish has been revoked (could that happen) money spent on new floodlights,toilets,disabled viewing gallery.will be money pissed up against the wall.imo.

If I remember correctly our licence was only granted if we agreed to join the pyramid system. Declining to join the pyramid would surely see it revoked. 

If I remember correctly our licence was only granted if we agreed to join the pyramid system. Declining to join the pyramid would surely see it revoked. 
You are spot on.

Although not a condition of our original application the caveat was added that we could be asked to join the pyramid as a condition.

With all the new potential applications we could well lose it in the near future If we don't move.

Just have 2 large presentation placards. One showing the likely fixtures if you stay, the other showing them if you leave.

The ‘stay’ placard will be the closest thing to an actual full season fixture list that any fan of a club in the East Juniors will have ever seen.

I am a member but I can't vote as I can't (as things stand) make the meeting. No proxy or 'postal' votes accepted.

Very frustrating.

13 hours ago, boheesian said:

Like minded people as yourself perhaps should have got together and organised a petition. It would show the club that a good number of non-voters have a voice. It's your Club and your part of it's future. 

they did... it was ignored

1 hour ago, GlamourBaws said:

they did... it was ignored

The importance of being a member - so your voice is heard, even if it's only AGM.

An act by a minority can only occur when the majority don't act.

The vast majority of posters on this topic are in favour of the move to senior.  The older members who oppose the move should recognise that it will be the younger members on and off the committee who are the lifeblood of the club going forward.  If they don't the younger members will quickly leave and the club will fall into terminal decline.

Archived