Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Well done the Rose committee members with the foresight to send in the application. Thought we’d missed the boat. Lets hope Monday’s meeting backs the move and we can continue pumping the beggars next season in a new league !

Dreamer 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Skipper said:

Well done the Rose committee members with the foresight to send in the application. Thought we’d missed the boat. Lets hope Monday’s meeting backs the move and we can continue pumping the beggars next season in a new league !

Continue!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't win the last match played as Junior clubs

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm planning on going to Forfar - never been to that ground before and not likely to have reason to after this season - but I don't have Official Authorisation from the missus yet. I don't know anyone on the committee - I see two guys in Rose ties and with glasses a lot, one a bit taller than the other, I assume they're on the committee? Would they mind being buttonholed at a game? 

That'll be the resident Jack and Victor. And "a bit taller" is an understatement...  :)

It's the final full day for voting for the Rose Goal of the Season Award. If you have not yet voted please see link attached for video showcasing the nominations. After watching, look to the description box of the video for the link to the voting page where you can cast your vote!

Voting shuts 10am tomorrow morning. 

Many Thanks Ben

(Link to voting page if unable to find via video- https://benmcadam.typeform.com/to/hfDMFc)

9 hours ago, BSM said:

It's the final full day for voting for the Rose Goal of the Season Award. If you have not yet voted please see link attached for video showcasing the nominations. After watching, look to the description box of the video for the link to the voting page where you can cast your vote!

Voting shuts 10am tomorrow morning. 

Many Thanks Ben

(Link to voting page if unable to find via video- https://benmcadam.typeform.com/to/hfDMFc)

Hi Ben, just saw some of your footage there on the STV news - well done! 

https://player.stv.tv/episode/3noz/stv-news-edinburgh/ 

Starts at 12:47 

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Is there any truth in what I heard this morning ?
Was said if you vote to go your main sponsor would dump you.
Now I have no idea who that is but info circulating.

I'll be happy to call bullshit on that. 

Tomorrow is the biggest date in the history of LRFC.   Like the Brexit vote it is bound to be divisive among members and supporters.  Is it better to follow our lothian rivals into new territory or stay in a weakened east Junior set up?  In my view we should accept the new challenge.  If the pyramid system fails it is quite possible to reverse the decision in time.   If we don’t go what was the point of installing floodlights or the other ground improvements?  To stand still would involve us in a weaker league with more visits to Tayside and no meaningful local derbies.

Onward and upward

htg

Tomorrow is the biggest date in the history of LRFC.   Like the Brexit vote it is bound to be divisive among members and supporters.  Is it better to follow our lothian rivals into new territory or stay in a weakened east Junior set up?  In my view we should accept the new challenge.  If the pyramid system fails it is quite possible to reverse the decision in time.   If we don’t go what was the point of installing floodlights or the other ground improvements?  To stand still would involve us in a weaker league with more visits to Tayside and no meaningful local derbies.
Onward and upward
htg

I still think tomorrow is difficult to call.

The level of understanding amongst some of our supporters is frightening.

We will only have ourselves to blame if sense don't prevail.

21 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I still think tomorrow is difficult to call.

The level of understanding amongst some of our supporters is frightening.

We will only have ourselves to blame if sense don't prevail.

Just have 2 large presentation placards. One showing the likely fixtures if you stay, the other showing them if you leave.

If the level of understanding is poor it becomes important for someone on the committee to set out at the start of the meeting objectively and exactly what the consequences of a vote either way will mean.  When members know who is joining and who is remaining they will have a clearer understanding.

If the level of understanding is poor it becomes important for someone on the committee to set out at the start of the meeting objectively and exactly what the consequences of a vote either way will mean.  When members know who is joining and who is remaining they will have a clearer understanding.

Would have thought so. But an even better way would be to bring in two independents to discuss. A member of the eos and potentially TJ to promote the stay argument

Archived