Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

At present only three SL clubs are leaving, it will still be a higher standard overall than the EoS. But the problem is that if we don't go now, and go next season or later, we'll be joining behind everyone else. It could easily be the difference between joining at tier 6 and tier 8. If we're ever going, it has to be now.

Penicuik have also been accepted to EoS with Newtongrange ready to join - 5 SL clubs are away, plus Kelty of course.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

At present only three SL clubs are leaving, it will still be a higher standard overall than the EoS. But the problem is that if we don't go now, and go next season or later, we'll be joining behind everyone else. It could easily be the difference between joining at tier 6 and tier 8. If we're ever going, it has to be now.

It's effectively 5 or 6 of next year's east superleague now given Penicuik were accepted last night and given Musselburgh and possibly Haddington would have been promoted into the superleague in a normal season.  Newtongrange Star are highly likely to follow now to make it a probable 6 or 7. Agree on the tier 6 vs tier 8 thing. Regardless of what should have happened, it would be better to get this over and done with quickly rather than being left with two weakened parallel structures and years of squabbling and animosity between them.

No disrespect to the others but now its only Linlithgow and Bo'ness left  out of the big clubs in the superleague.

The EOS now is starting to look a lot stronger, and the place to be IMO.

Looking at the teams leaving from the premier also, there is going to be some really weak teams coming up as most of the top half are leaving.

Looks like a simple proposition for Linlithgow now:

Stay in the Juniors and play in a league with 7 Superleague teams (plus those that would have been relegated), play most of the games to the north, two derby games with Bo'ness, and then leave to join the EoS at tier 7 in 2019/20. With the amount of teams leaving the SJFA won't be able to move the Superleague to tier 6.

Or, move to the EoS along with 5 other Superleague teams (plus Musselburgh who would've been promoted), play teams closer to home and to the south/east, have the chance of promotion to tier 5 or finish well to get tier 6 again in 2019/20.

On 20/05/2018 at 21:44, Auld Heid said:

Any Rose fan on here please check our own forum.

Cheers

As an adopted Linlithgow fan and fairly frequent attendee at your home matches I’ve tried to sign up to your forum but get a message that says it’s invite only?

As a Rose fan in exile in Ballachulish I don’t have a member’s vote.

I have always loved Junior Football.  However the time has come and the choice can only be to enter the pyramid system or stay in a much weakened set up.  I hope that the club applies to join now, prior to 31 May.  An EGM of the members will hopefully ratify the decision.  If not we can look forward to a Super League which will be far from super.  The financial effect on the club could be disastrous.

it is therefore time to move onwards and upwards as our forward thinking committee have suggested.

htg

Totally agree Dreg,there’ll be loads of folk who never fancied moving on but a club like Lithgie and Bo’ness don’t want to be left behind even if for another season so personally I’d like to see both in the set up.

As an adopted Linlithgow fan and fairly frequent attendee at your home matches I’ve tried to sign up to your forum but get a message that says it’s invite only?
Not sure what's the issue as not involved in the running.

I know there was an issue ages ago with lobby dwellers joining to spread gossip.

It's not overly used these days as most post on here.

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Can you provide more than 5 words please?

Why would he, politicians speak for 10 minutes and nobody understands what they're on about. So you there have it, you'll be in the EOSL next season.

1 hour ago, Sheep77 said:

Committee in favour off Eos 

Hope you are correct, but some of the elder folks are dead against. 

The rumours today were that a committee meeting had been arranged for after the game. Another one was that Linlithgow, Bo”ness, Broxburn and from memory Camelon we’re going to discuss and either jointly leave or stay.

If we do go, I hope you guys come too. 

The rumours today were that a committee meeting had been arranged for after the game. Another one was that Linlithgow, Bo”ness, Broxburn and from memory Camelon we’re going to discuss and either jointly leave or stay.

Could be doing with giving that memory a dusting down. Camelon announced ages ago that they’re off to the EOS.

5 hours ago, Karl Berg said:

Sauchie ?

Archived