Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

Like we've been sweeping the boards the last few seasons?
By the way, what's the qualification to be at the EGM and vote? I attend most matches but I don't have a season ticket. I expect I wouldn't be able to vote but could I attend and watch the debate? Again, I don't expect so.
Season ticket is a condition of entry to the meeting.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
24 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:
By the way, what's the qualification to be at the EGM and vote? I attend most matches but I don't have a season ticket. I expect I wouldn't be able to vote but could I attend and watch the debate? Again, I don't expect so.

Season ticket is a condition of entry to the meeting.

Leaving it close to the wire to get your application in. 

2 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Good communications should always be to the fore in any organisation.  Done properly an open debate should have been done back early April to gauge the feeling of all supporters.  When you engage meaningfully with supporters they are more likely to go on and buy a season ticket. 

The ultimate decision would be that of the members and quite rightly so.    

2 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Has it never occurred to the best of enemies, Linlithgow and Bo'ness, to talk together and make a joint, mutually beneficial decision?

Theirs a novel idea.   Bo'ness communicated with the EoS along with the other bodies to give their members an informed choice.  Given the importance that both teams place on each other the conversation between the two would have seen a logical step.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:
Has it never occurred to the best of enemies, Linlithgow and Bo'ness, to talk together and make a joint, mutually beneficial decision?

Perhaps the two committees are trying to outbrink each other.

Mutually assured decline?

On 5/18/2018 at 07:57, GlamourBaws said:

Out of interest, what do you think our crowds, home or away would be like with the following (Super)league? 

Linlithgow 
Broxburn 
Dundonald 
Lochee 
Broughty 
Sauchie 
Carnoustie 
Nitten 
Kennoway 
Forfar 
Fauldhouse 
Tayport 
Dunbar 
St Andrews 
Thornton 
Glenrothes 

Yeah, It's time to go.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:21, juniornews said:

I would love to know just how many games GordonS has attended this season home and away and what he actually knows about these teams if he thinks this is a good product ! 

You could always just ask me instead of pondering aloud for the benefit of others.

Off the top of my head I'd say I've been to about 15 ER Junior games this season, about half of those in the league. It would have been more but I've been doing a bit of ground-hopping - I finished my SPFL 42 and I've been working through the WR lately. Last week was Arthurlie and Clydebank, the week before was Hurlford and Bonnytoun Thistle, tomorrow will be either Sauchie or (if I can get away early enough) Girvan.

I didn't say I thought that was a good product. Though the teams listed there, I'd say that's still far, far better than the EoS any season until 18/19. 

I appreciate that non-members can't have a binding vote, but it's disappointing that they can't attend. Canvassing the wider support to find out what they would prefer should also be part of the discussion, maybe by means of a questionnaire handed out at the gate on Saturday. 

Yeah, It's time to go.

Out of the list above Nitten have a meeting on Sat, St. Andrews have also arranged a meeting and Dunbar have applied to the EOS going by the clubs social media pages.

Dundonald I believe have been accepted but deferred for a year along with Bo’ness.

2 hours ago, findla80 said:

The super league next season looks dreadful!emoji85.pngemoji85.pngemoji85.png

Spoiler

And if you take Penicuik and Newtongrange out and add in Glenrothes and Dundee Downfield - which looks more likely - it looks even worse.

No sign of Bathgate and Whitburn who according to some of our committee are going to save us financially.

7 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

100% correct

Bonnyrigg

musselburgh

dalkeith

easthouses lily

tranent 

haddington

blackburn

edinburgh utd

camelon 

dunipace

croasgates

inverkeithing hill field swifts 

hillof beath

dunbar

and this looks any better ????

8 minutes ago, buloyal said:

Bonnyrigg

musselburgh

dalkeith

easthouses lily

tranent 

haddington

blackburn

edinburgh utd

camelon 

dunipace

croasgates

inverkeithing hill field swifts 

hillof beath

dunbar

and this looks any better ????

Travel is better for a start,  finishing top half next season would see us Tier 6 at worst going into 19/20 and winning could see us Tier 5 and the Lowland League. 

Compared to deferring for a year and starting at Tier 7 -  So Yes I would say it looks a million times better.

Archived