Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

EGM called 4th June. Finally a cha vd to debate. I'm not convinced it's a certainty but will be good to see what the members want. Nearly 200 so it's hard to call.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

My word, imagine the #scenes if the Wee Rose utterly shaft Bo'ness here!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, drs said:

Delighted the Club have finally called this meeting - as avoided a neutral call by Members for an EGM which would have been submitted today with excess of the required numbers needed for such a meeting.

The problem now is the demographics in the room where reason and logic won't be followed, more who certain figures vote for.  Bo'ness showed last night it doesn't matter how pro supporters are on here - it means nothing when many of them weren't members anyway.

"The EoS is rubbish you will win 10-0 every week.   The travelling will increase.  You will be playing Elgin away on a Tuesday.  Bo'ness aren't involved.  We need to be playing Bathgate and Whitburn again".    Just a few of the quality reasons being cited for staying by the Nay Sayers........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who amongst the Rose support is best placed to set out the facts and figures about moving?

Who can go over the list of benefits that have been posted around here previously and explain things?

Who can point out the continued flaws in communications from the SJFA?

Who can point out that moving will be the ultimate kick in the bollocks to Bo'ness? ;)

I have said for a long time that a move to the EoSFL is the best bet for East Superleague sides. The BU's are gambling on TJ delivering a Super-duper league. If the 2 Roses go to the EoSFL the chances of TJ delivering that are effectively reduced to nil.
The bulk of the BU committee didn't want the move to the EoSFL because they would lose the big money games v Linlithgow Rose. If the Rose jump ship there would indeed be #scenes.

39 minutes ago, drs said:

To be fair IF the Rose jump ship and Boness don't they have shafted themselves.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

So who amongst the Rose support is best placed to set out the facts and figures about moving?

Who can go over the list of benefits that have been posted around here previously and explain things?

Who can point out that moving will be the ultimate kick in the bollocks to Bo'ness? ;)

A couple of the newer committee members are more than capable of this.

Hopefully Auld Heid will print off the list of benefits and pass it to all the folks attending the meeting.

I still think that we will vote against moving. 2 of the top committee are dead against it and can see a lot of the older members voting with them.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

At least we now have an opportunity to present both sides.  The argument at ground level is exactly as I posted above - and sadly is believed by many of the older guys.  If we can combat Project Fear then hopefully we can have a factual debate - in which case there should be only one winner.  The call for an EGM which would have been submitted today had well in excess of the 12 required members names.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

A couple of the newer committee members are more than capable of this.

Hopefully Auld Heid will print off the list of benefits and pass it to all the folks attending the meeting.

I still think that we will vote against moving. 2 of the top committee are dead against it and can see a lot of the older members voting with them.

Might even laminate them...............!!

A couple of boys I spoke to on Saturday were worried about not winning anything again. I mentioned that there are still cups open to EoSL/LL sides. Does anyone know what prize money is available for these and how they compare to the Junior equivalents?
Also, increased travel!? The prospect of 10 trips across the Forth Bridge next season should be enough to convince them that the Super League isn't the answer... Surely [emoji54]

I know that but Junior clubs cant play before 1st July, does dual membership override that? Not that it matters.....

The club applied for and were granted permission to play the game.

The club applied for and were granted permission to play the game.

We asked for that a few seasons back to play a Testimonial for one of our long serving players against a senior side. Denied.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We asked for that a few seasons back to play a Testimonial for one of our long serving players against a senior side. Denied.

Aye but you are a Diddy Team (kidding)

2 hours ago, Black Dug said:

A couple of boys I spoke to on Saturday were worried about not winning anything again. 

Like we've been sweeping the boards the last few seasons?

By the way, what's the qualification to be at the EGM and vote? I attend most matches but I don't have a season ticket. I expect I wouldn't be able to vote but could I attend and watch the debate? Again, I don't expect so.

Archived